Re: Stars Breeding #809 | Wahoo x Crimsonhorn

Postby Sleepy-Rat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:51 pm

Username: Sleepy-Rat
Cat Name: Prismfrost
Clan: Rowanclan
Prompt: Prism's presence alone seems to brighten even the gloomiest of Coalstep's days. His enthusiasm has gradually chipped away at Coalstep's barriers, coaxing him out of his shell. With Prism's encouragement, Coalstep has found himself more willing to participate in clan gatherings and interactions, something he previously avoided due to his shyness.
Prism has also helped Coalstep feel more accepted and valued within the clan. Through their friendship, Coalstep has learned that he doesn't have to hide behind his fears and insecurities and to see them as strengths rather than weaknesses.
Sleepy-Rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 am

Username: .henloimmabirb.
Cat Name: tbd
Clan: Tribe of the Lion's Tooth
Prompt: mark! :D <3
Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Beezhivez » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 am

Username: Beezhivez
Cat Name: Rippling Echo of the Flame (Pyrrhos)
Clan: Labyrinth of the Lost
Prompt:

"..What are —" He bites his tongue, he knows what this is, it's a child; a kit, as some of the mortals he's had the displeasure of meeting calls them. Still, he's trying to cast aside the confusion swimming in his mind as he stares down at the kitten that sits in front of his paws. So small, so fragile...

He swallows down the sickly feeling at the mere thought of harming something so young, so unknowing. Vermilion is right, his time down here has changed him. He may be a God of Wrath, but harming a child... even before this feline form, he wouldn't have even thought of such a thing. He shakes his head, as if to shake off the thoughts, the violence clawing behind the walls of his mind. He heaves a sigh, crouching down to be face-to-face with the kit. He tucks his paws beneath him, flicking his tail and exhaling air instead of smoke out of frustration.

"Why are you here, young one?" He asks, his voice deep, rumbling as the kitten sits and smiles at him. Something genuine and warm, something he hasn't seen in years.

"I'm 'sploring! Proving I'm not a scaredy-cat!" The child seems proud to announce it, unknowing of her situation. It makes his eyebrows crease, alien worry curling in his chest. She didn't know of the stories or legends, did she? No idea of the history of these walls. "Summa my friends kept on makin' fun of me and I didn't like it!" She huffs, stomping her small paws, rattling the chain of the large collar around her neck. "Then I saw this place! An' i thought, if I brought somethin' from in here, then I could prove that I wasn't a coward!"

The Wyvern sighs, heavy and melancholic. It's rare he feels anything outside of rage or irritation these days, but...

Back when he wasn't of fur and small stature, when he had scales and the blood of flames coursing through his veins; those of draconic blood were known to be very family-oriented, and he was no outsider of it. He remembers helping his siblings hatch, showing them how to hunt, how to fight...

He stands, flicking an ear.

"Come along, then. Let us find something for you to have." He offers, and the kit's eyes brighten. She comes to his side as he begins walking, asking a question. "Do you have a name, little one?"

"Nope! I don' get one 'til I'm older!" She chirrups, and The Wyvern frowns, not one of his usual anger, but of sadness.

"Well then, I'm sure we can find a name for you, what do you think?"

"Really?!"

"Yes."

Funny how something so small could have impacted him so largely.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

bB
bE
bE
bZ
bH
bI
bV
bE
bZ

bbbbImage

bbbbbbbTHIS CREEPING, SEEPING, SICKLY, SWEEPING

⛈ Bee or Beezhivez
⛈ Any Neopronouns
⛈ Nonbinary
⛈ Artist
⛈ Writer

I promise I'm not scary, please interact! :]

bbbbImage
bbbbPAIN AND HEARTACHE . . .

Beezhivez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sylvi_mads » Wed May 01, 2024 4:30 pm

Username: Sylvi_mads
Cat Name: Crabkit (Crabapple)
Clan:Mangroveclan
Prompt:
CrabKit was delivered to the clan by the Manta Ray guardians of the Mangrove. The second CrabKit appeared in the clan, Mantastar was quick to take him in as a father. He never had the heart to leave kits with no protection. And the child being delivered by the Rays themselves he knew the child was destined for greatness. The two were very close, Mantastar raising the kit as his own. He would set aside time for his son, the child becoming a beacon of hope in his eyes as the clan fought against the seeping infection of the wilderwood.

One day, the kit snuck off out if camp. Mantastar ripped the clan to shreds searching for his beloved son. Though the kit had been wandering for days, he made it to the darkened waters of the border. He took a step closer to the edge, the glowing manta ray spirits moving with him. They protected the kit as he wandered into the wilderness, ensuring no harm came of him. The kit had no clue that the only reason he hadn't been drained of his life force by a vampire was because of the guardians surrounding him. CrabKit was delivered to the clan by the Manta Ray guardians of the Mangrove. The second CrabKit appeared in the clan, Mantastar was quick to take him in as a father. He never had the heart to leave kits with no protection. And the child being delivered by the Rays themselves he knew the child was destined for greatness. The two were very close, Mantastar raising the kit as his own. He would set aside time for his son, the child becoming a beacon of hope in his eyes as the clan fought against the seeping infection of the wilderwood.

One day, the kit snuck off out if camp. Mantastar ripped the clan to shreds searching for his beloved son. Though the kit had been wandering for days, he made it to the darkened waters of the border. He took a step closer to the edge, the glowing manta ray spirits moving with him. They protected the kit as he wandered into the wilderness, ensuring no harm came of him. The kit had no clue that the only reason he hadn't been drained of his life force by a vampire was because of the guardians surrounding him. As he made his way back to the camp, his father who had been kept worried all day and all night for the past half a moon held the kit close and cried out his gratitude to the spirits who saved his son. Mantastar swore never to leave his kit alone ever again. One day, as Mantastar was showing the kit the surrounding area of the camp, unbeknownst to him. one of the crab-island-like creatures that riddled the mangrove was resting in the waters. Believing the area was safe, and not seeing any crocodiles, Mantastar decided to give his son a swimming lesson. “All kits should know how to float, at least especially in the mangrove.” He slipped into the water with the kit and the two swam for a bit after Mantastar had successfully taught Crabkit how to swim. However, the splashing of the kit playing with his father had awoken the crab, the massive creature rearing up out of the water. Mantastar quickly threw his kit back onto the land but was caught in the claws of the crab, fighting back with every ounce of strength he had, Mantastar freed himself and dove into the water as he scrambled for land. The two made it to camp safely and Mantastar was treated for his wounds.
Now, the kitten lives with his father. After being told what lies in the forbidden woods, he never returned to the border. Crabkit lives peacefully in the camp with Mantastar, where he is under his father and the manta ray’s protection. Though he still wonders what lies outside of the mangrove.
The kit has impacted Mantastar greatly, bringing hope and joy back into the old cat’s life as he cares for the young kitten

Blu, She/Her, Mst
Toyhouse
Sylvi_mads

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Fri May 10, 2024 6:42 pm

Username: Embergleam
Cat Name: Dorado
Clan: In The Wake Of Giants
Prompt:
Dorado doesn't know it yet, but he's the reason one of the Wake's cutest couples finally got together.

See, Wahoo initially handed his progeny off to Fogwatch. Fogwatch excelled at a great many things, but caring for a youngster? Nope. Not on the list. He took one look at the mewing bundle of adorability at his paws and promptly called for backup.

...only to realize that almost no one in the Wake had the faintest idea of how to deal with a kitten. The merry bunch of misfits knew a hundred ways to take down intruders or mediate a border dispute, but none of them knew the first thing about infant development. Even habitual planner Owlflight was caught sorely underprepared. He knew how to treat kittencough and prepare concoctions to help a queen's milk come in, but actually caring for a kitten? All his admittedly-minimal knowledge was theoretical. 'Theoreticals' wouldn't keep their little foundling alive.

Enter Whisperwind. The pale seer was a new to the Wake then, unsure of herself or her place in the Clan, but the moment she saw Dorado she felt absolute certainty settle into her bones. The stars had brought her to the Wake for a reason, and here that reason was, blinking up at her with eyes full of innocent wonder.

Whisperwind was fully prepared to shoulder the task of raising Dorado, as she named her adoptive son, all by her lonesome. She was significantly less prepared for the entire bloody clan to pitch in right alongside her. Junebug and Oceanfoam spent hours combing the territory for prime bits of fresh-kill they thought might tempt Dorado's appetite. Owlflight prepared herbal powders to soothe the ache of budding horns and growing pains alike. On the rare occasion Whisperwind's duties called her away, Duststep and Nighteyes kept Dorado occupied with (only slightly exaggerated) tales of their past travels. Even Flicker, Owlflight's avian companion, got in on the fun, dropping shed feathers from high perches for Dorado to chase after. The Wake's first kit never lacked for playmates or watchful guardians.

His favorite playmate by far, though, was none other than Fogwatch. The big grey scout was just that, big, the perfect size to give a rapidly-growing kit badger-rides around the camp. He was endlessly patient, too, always willing to listen to the thousand questions Dorado had thought up that day. Better yet, he always took the time to answer, and to ask questions of his own in turn.

Most importantly of all, Fogwatch was highly susceptible to kittenish begging.

Which is how a certain oversized scout wound up 'trapped' in Whisperwind's den, one paw firmly pinned beneath Dorado's sleeping form.

Whisperwind wasn't quite sure what to make of Fogwatch's presence in her den. She was equally uncertain what to make of her own tangled-up feelings about him being there. They were both in agreement about one thing, though: waking Dorado from his slumber would surely be some sort of crime against nature. He was just... so comfortable, sleeping soundly as he rarely got the chance to. Who were they to wake him? Surely they could tolerate a bit of physical and emotional discomfort for his sake.

So Whisperwind took a deep breath, offered Fogwatch a sheepish smile, and invited him to stay. You know, just in case Dorado hadn't already. Fogwatch, of course, was delighted to accept.

Except he... never actually left. Dorado kept convincing him to stay. Try as he might, Fogwatch couldn't bring himself to say no to the little menace, or to Whisperwind, for that matter. The thought of leaving them, of returning to his own nest on the outskirts of the camp, suddenly struck him as intensely wrong. Dorado still had questions to ask him, games to play with him, things to learn from him, and Whisperwind...

Well, he'd seen how her gaze softened when she watched Dorado play. The love there made his heart do its best impression of resident gymnast Roulette. Fogwatch, career bachelor and loner extraordinaire, had finally gotten a taste of family life and found it wholly to his liking.

By the time Dorado was old enough to be apprenticed, Fogwatch had abandoned his little nest in favor of Whisperwind's. Now Dorado snuggled in to sleep between two white cats, one large, one small, and never had he slept better.

Neither had his parents, for that matter.

Funny, really, how a kit can make a family whole.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Thu May 16, 2024 12:45 pm

Username: Kazin
    Cat Name: Pebble/Pebblepaw
    Clan: TreeClan
    Prompt: Howl is an elusive cat. He's not a member of the nearby clan of the forest known as TreeClan, but he does consider himself their protector - even if the clan itself doesn't know it. He mostly involves himself with making sure the kits and apprentices of the clan aren't doing anything dangerous in the forest, and he pulls his own schemes in the shadows to keep the kits and apprentices safely in camp and away from the dangers of the dark forest.

There was always one kit that Howl could never understand. She didn't seem to be a part of the nearby clan, but she didn't seem lost, like the kittens who escape their Twolegs' houses are. She wasn't scared. She wasn't looking for something. She was just there, in the forest, sharing his space. Howl knew that she wasn't old enough to be hunting on her own, so he started hunting for her, burying pieces of fresh-kill for her.

Howl always tried to talk to her, but he could never get close enough. He always thought of himself as fast, but she was faster. Eventually, he gave up, always watching the bright kit's pelt flit through the leaves from a distance, always trying to figure out her home or where her family was. When he started leaving bits of fresh-kill near the last place he saw her, Howl noticed his own strange happenings in his nest - pebbles. They were colorful, bright, all different shapes and sizes and some that Howl had never noticed on the banks of the rivers or streams. He thought that some must have come from Twoleg dens, though he never saw the kit anywhere near the Twoleg homes.

As Howl accepted the pebbles, he started thanking the kit out loud. He was never quite sure if she could hear him, if she was simply hiding nearby or if she wasn't anywhere at all, but he figured it would be the right thing to do. "Thank you," he would call out softly every evening when he saw a new one. He never thought his words were reaching her, until one day a small whisper from the shadows answered his thanks - "you're welcome."

Howl sat and watched with his good eye as the small kit came into view, a little sheepish. Howl purred at the kit, welcoming her into his space. "Hi there," he said, nodding at her. "I... well, thanks for all the stuff," he said, beckoning to his now well-decorated den.

"And thank you for the food," the kit answered, stepping closer to nudge the tom with her nose in thanks. "It was all really tasty!"

Howl said nothing at first, though he blinked in response. "Do you have a name?" He finally asked. As the kit shook her head, Howl tilted his own. "How about... Pebble? For all the gifts you've been bringing me?"

Pebble's eyes lit up as she nodded, springing to her paws and kneading the ground in excitement. As the days passed, Howl taught Pebble the ways of the forest, teaching her to hunt, to guard her back, to fight. And Pebble gave something Howl will never forget - companionship, and a new friend. Though Pebble would eventually join the ranks of TreeClan, she still visits her mentor nearly every night to tell him about her day, and try and convince him to join the clan too. Though it hasn't worked yet, Howl will never take Pebble's companionship for granted, thinking of her like a little sister. He taught her how to survive, and she taught him that family doesn't have to be blood related - sometimes, family can find you by chance.

Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Thu May 16, 2024 3:34 pm

Username: knickknacks
Cat Name: Nico
Clan: salted stone
Prompt: [504 words]

There is someone new living on his street.

Two someones, to be more specific. Both of them are older than him, adults to his eyes, but every time they pass on the street, his mum sighs something about how young they are. So maybe they're not so old, after all.

His mum brought them a welcome gift when they moved in, and came back with news that their names were Agnes and Pyrrho. He hasn't gotten to speak to them, though- his mum was friendly enough when she met them, but pulled him aside and told him to keep his distance, afterward. Something about being wary of strangers.

So Nico hasn't spoken to his new neighbors- but mum didn't say anything about not watching! And honestly, from what he has seen, they look... kind of normal, honestly. A little bit awkward sometimes, but normal. Agnes is blind, and whenever she leaves the house with Pyrrho he hovers about like he's a bodyguard or something. Sometimes Pyrrho goes out on his own, and he's always so focused that it looks almost like he's scowling.

Agnes, though- she stops to talk to others, always smiling even though she can't see them. She seems nice- Nico wishes his mum would let him talk to her. She's also got this cool headband, with horns on it! He liked it so much, that he even asked his mum if he could borrow some fabric scraps, and tried to sew his own. The result wasn't quite as cool as Agnes', but pretty satisfying, since he'd made this one all on his own.

The next day, he tried to sit in a visible spot with his new headband. He knew it was a little bit silly, and knew that Agnes was blind, and wouldn't see it anyways, but he still felt like- maybe she would know, somehow. Feel the friendliness! Even if his mum still wasn't allowing him to talk to the new neighbors.

Pyrrho left their house first, as usual, giving his suspicious glare around the street- and stopped when his eyes fell on Nico. Nico darted his gaze away, suddenly feeling the silliest yet, but sneaked a look again at the sound of a laugh.

Agnes had emerged from the house behind Pyrrho- and her companion was muttering something to her, nudging her shoulder. He was smiling. The first time Nico had seen him smile since the pair moved in! Whatever he told Agnes made her smile too, and laugh a little bit. Nico looked, wide-eyed, at this unexpected scene, feeling inexplicably proud of himself.

As the pair of strangers headed off to whatever errands they were bound for, Pyrrho turned over his shoulder and looked at Nico once more.

"Nice horns," he called across the street with another little smile. Agnes didn't turn in Nico's directly exactly, but he could still see that she was smiling too.

Nico beamed back. He had made them smile! And technically, had done it without breaking his mother's rule. So there, mum.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Sun May 19, 2024 3:52 am

Embergleam wrote:Username: Embergleam
Cat Name: Dorado
Clan: In The Wake Of Giants
Prompt: -snip-

Congrats! Id like to award a HM to Knickknacks, Kazin, Sylvi_mads, and Beezhivez!!
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist