Re: Kalon #403 - Mornin'

Postby iBrevity » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:39 am

Username: iBrevity
Name: Nightingale "Gale"
What do they do with the wood they collect?
Among his circle of friends Nightingale is infamous for his summer parties. He's a good host and fun to be around but most importantly he's good with his hands. Every year he builds some sort of game that's bigger and better than whatever he built the year before. This year Nightingale is planning on unveiling an enormous backyard Jenga set, all made from individual pieces of wood about the length of a leg. He's been working on this game all year, as he's being selective about the pieces he keeps and the process is taking longer than he originally anticipated. Those unseemly planks he refuses to use he gives away to curious acquaintances. Gale has already began sanding the pieces down so they'll be easier to handle at his party and, upon finishing each piece, places them in his yard to confirm his measurements. He has a quite extraordinary Jenga tower already and it stands at close to four feet, with a good three feet of planks still needing to be sanded and added.

Gale's friends keep bothering him about what they're going to be playing this year but he refuses to tell. His favorite part of the summer parties is finally confessing what he's built for them and after last year's immensely dangerous game of lawn darts Gale is certain something less lethal will be a refreshing change. (Gale has yet to drop one of these pieces and realize how much damage they can bestow on a foot, however.)
Last edited by iBrevity on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:14 am

Username: ~Soul~
Name: Redwood
What do they do with the wood they collect?(250 words max)
Redwood or Red for short, tends to collect quite a bit of wood, though what he dose with all this wood is something amazing. Red loves the rough look of wood and its natural and organic feeling. So Instead of completely changing it to make it into a whole new shape, Red makes Furniture out of the pieces he finds. He look for longer pieces that he can smooth out to make tables, stumps to make into night stands or stools and will often either tie them together with leather or use the old hammer and some nails to make beds, vanities and benches. Red loves the Idea of keeping his furniture looking as much as natural wood as possible and it makes each piece unique in its own way. He feels that by caving the wood to much, you lose its natural beauty and that your forcing it to be something its not. In his tree house, all of his furnishing, except for the new things he couldn't make, where all found in the forest around him and created by him. He is very much down to earth and with the way his pieces come together keep him there. He is very much an Naturalist and enjoys the world around him and wants to show the natural beauty in the world around him and that is why his is big on natural wood furnishing and designs.

( 237 / 250 )
๐•ƒ ๐•  ๐•ค ๐•ฅ ~ ๐•š ๐•Ÿ ~ โ„™ ๐•’ ๐•ฃ ๐•’ ๐•• ๐•š ๐•ค ๐•–
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

๐”ธ๐•๐•จ๐•’๐•ช๐•ค ๐•จ๐•š๐•ฅ๐•™ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•Ž๐•’๐•ง๐•–
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ethulai » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Username: Ethulai

Name: Benny

By trade Benny is a lumberjack but he also has a secret passion he hopes to one day build into a successful business. He creates eco-friendly tree houses with the wood he collects. Every single tree house is unique and beautiful as wood seems to come alive and bend to his will every time he touches it. Benny is most proud of two particular tree houses he has created thus far, one which looks like a giant bird's nest and the other that looks like an intricate Cuckoo Clock. Before building the tree house in full scale, Benny also likes to make a miniature model not only to envision what the finished product will look like but also to keep as a profile of his work and for memory's sake.

Being a lumberjack is hard and rewarding work but sometimes Benny gets an attack of conscience when he stops to think about all the beautiful trees he is forced to cut down in order to get a paycheck (even though he only works for companies who practice reforestation). For this reason all of his tree houses are created from naturally felled trees or off cuts of wood that others want to get rid of. [204/250]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

๐Ÿ’€ // ๐Ÿ’€ // ๐Ÿ’€ // ๐Ÿ’€
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
Everyday is Halloween
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
"Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
- Shakespeare, The Tempest
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
Ethulai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strudel » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:33 am

Username: Strudel
Name: Flynn

As a child, Flynn's favorite toys were Lincoln Logs. He would play with them constantly, every day, and his parents continued to buy him more and more sets of them so that he could build larger (and grander) creations with them. As Flynn grew into his teenage years, his parents of course stopped buying him Lincoln Logs, saying they were for children. That, however, did not stop Flynn. He started cutting his own wood, and he would make large model cabins out of the wood that he cut. As Flynn grew into an adult, he still never grew out of his passion for creating the beautiful hand-crafted structures. Now that Flynn is older, and stronger, he builds beautiful log cabin structures of grand design and size. Each log Is cut and cleaned up by his own two hands, and it takes him months and even years to complete one structure in full. Since he cuts every log of wood down himself, he inspects each possible piece of log before deciding if it is of the right quality to be added to his magnificent structures. With the logs he deems aren't appropriate, he cuts them up and donates them to others in the community to use as firewood.
207/250
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:19 pm

Username: Micki.
Name: Pike Bunyan-Boone
definitely not named after zebulon pike, paul bunyan and daniel boone all at once lmao
What do they do with the wood they collect?
Pike owns his own wood store, where he sells the various things that he's crafted from wood. He makes just about anything with wood, but he is especially known for his practical wood crafting. People have come from far off places to commission him to make wooden cribs (his moon-shaped rocking crib is especially favored), wooden shower heads, wooden stairs, wooden mirror frames and cut-out wood and glass doors. He does more average projects as well, such as tables and chairs and desks, and more creative projects, such as carving maps or tribal designs into wood. His store is pretty much a must on any wood-lover's tour map!

Pike also caters to a more active clientele by creating and selling wooden weights, punching bag stands and wooden men, frequently used in martial arts and other exercise routines. He can be found every morning in his personal gym (nearly all equipment having been made by himself from wood), and owns several wooden men that he is especially fond of working out with.
    x
    Micki โ€ข she / her โ€ข slytherin โ€ข shy n stressed
    young adult โ€ข college student โ€ข EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jayus » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:15 pm

Good luck guys! /v\ Evenin' is hella gorgeous
jayus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MrBoodle » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Best of luck all ;v;/
And I agree the evening one is stunning! I love them.
Art by Sixbane

Deviantart | Instagram | ToyHouse | Fiancรฉe
โ€œThe loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.โ€

Fwends
Piney | Lotte | Wolfy | Batty | Seb
Am #1 sixbane fan :3c
ImageImageImageImage
Art by MrBoodle(Myself)

MrBoodle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Discter » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:27 am

Good luck!
i sold the devil my soul but he didn't know i never had one to begin with
Discter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luscinia » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:22 am

hope it's okay for me to throw in a lil' good luck to everyone <3
        if not, feel free to PM me and I can remove this vuv
Luscinia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opti-mism » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:13 pm

Screeches this is one of my favorite kalons, good gosh, I wish I had been able to enter them! Congrats to the owner!!! I'm watching for them eep
Imageโ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ชImage

โ•ญxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ•ฎ
โ•ฐxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ•ฏ
โ•ญxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ•ฎ
โ•ฐxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ•ฏ
opti-mism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me