Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Quest Board

Postby Shiver Hohojiro » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:58 am

Username: All Along Watchtower
Clan link: Clan of the Sea Breeze
Prompt:

The Clan of the Sea Breeze's relation to twolegs... depends, wildly. Some of the cats (such as Cinnamonbreeze and Doespring) were born and raised completely feral, unsocialized and unused to twolegs. If confronted by one, they'd be fairly on edge and stressed throughout the entire ordeal, even if they know (usually through their other clanmates) that twolegs are... well, not completely harmless, but not necessarily a universal threat to a cat like a predator might be.

Others, though never domesticated or raised by twolegs, are... less feral. Jack tolerates the presence of twolegs, will sometimes mooch off them if they deem them safe enough. They would never want to be caught by them, though, or be a housecat.

Still others were either rescued at a young age, or born indoors, and domesticated, Heatherstar himself among them. But even amongst the former domestic cats and kittypets, opinions on twolegs... quite vary. Many of the former housecats have grievances with their old twolegs - and of course they do, for if they did not then why would they have left them to join the clan? Whether abandoned, or treated poorly, or battles they made up in their own heads, they don't completely trust twolegs anymore.

And yet.

The thirteenth and last rule of the clan's code states that "A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet, but if those on journeys off the island come across twoleg food freely given, and not as bait in a trap, they are allowed to eat. Food is a precious resource, and who knows how well your next hunt may fare for you. Likewise, when injury or illness is too great for our healers, a cat may be brought to twolegs for aid, lest they perish from something they could have survived."

Heatherstar, in whatever wisdom he may or may not have had, made this code for practicality's sake. After all, he had reasoned, the community cats were often supplied with extra food from the twolegs, free and without being part of the shelter's traps. A cat on a journey could not always be expected to hunt, or to have prey running well wherever they went. Why deny them food, simply to adhere to a wilder lifestyle?

The injury or illness part comes from a similar place. As a former kittypet, Heatherstar knows about veterinarians - most of the island cats do, at least a little. While transporting a gravely injured or sick cat from the island to the mainland is quite the task, taking them to the vet gives them a greater chance to live through it than just using herbs and cobwebs. If a cat's leg is completely ruined in a fall, wouldn't it be better for them to have a vet either attempt to fix it or amputate it entirely, rather than having to drag it with them?
Image____________

__________Image
Princey/Arthur | He/Him | Art Shop

You are yourself. There's no one else you could be.

Sauceclan
| |
Shiver Hohojiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:59 am

Username: dascanadiansparkle
    Clan link: Galactic Skies
    Prompt:
    I hope that quest 2 and 3 kind of going together is okay!

QUEST 1
This clan doesn’t seem to sway either way in preference to two legs. They know how dangerous they can be but they learned about the pictures in the sky from overhearing them as well. It was the two legs who introduced them to what they beleive in today. That and the fact that one of their clan members has had offspring with a kittypet who eagerly told them more about the stars. Even so they still had their downs with the two legs. Being chased away and have things thrown at them… not as bad but it still doesn’t make it any better.

QUEST 2
his biggest flaw seems to be how timid he can be…

QUEST 3
“Hey! Watch your kitten crab cakes!” Firestrike snapped after seeing Dewkit accidentally paw Cinnamonkit a bit too hard. Crabspots quickly got defensive and stood above his daughter who looked scared.

“Well I’m sorry if my daughter hurt your kit. I’ll tell her to be more gentle next time okay?” Dewkit scooched a little bit closer to her father now whimpering a little and whatever it was… it set something off in Firestrike.

“Fire it’s okay. Just let it go she’s only a kid.” Sharksnarl sighed as he padded over seeing the scuffle that was happening. “Don’t be so hard on her she didn’t know. You’re just overreacting.”

Firestrike took a step back and hissed, “Overreacting?! Well I’m sorry that I care so much about my daughter! What now you wanna make me look bad so poor little soft steps over here gets off free as usual?” The Abyssinian male stormed a little closer to Crabspots. “Now you listen here. I know how you play these games. You try to act all weak and timid so they’ll pity you huh? Because that’s usually what you do. You cant stand up for yourself you cant do anything! It’s a miracle Berrybreeze even fancied you!”

Crabspots had no idea how this turned into this kind of conversation but his own posture was proving his point. He crouched down and arched his back a little bit even realizing his little kitten had now ran off to be with her mother. “Look I’m sorry I’ll do better. I know I’m weak and I try to improve on that…”

“Hah yeah sure. We’ll see about that.” Firestrike turned around and motioned Cinnamonkit to follow him back to the nursery. Any cats that had gathered around to view the argument went back on their way leaving Crabspots there alone. He just sighed and laid down. Though he wasn’t alone for long as Berrybreeze and Dewkit made their way back over.

“Berry… am… am I weak? I mean… I try my best a lot of the time and I just… I don’t know.” He sighed. Berrybreeze took a seat next to him and gave him a little nuzzle.

“Don’t mind him Crabspots. You know how Firestrike can be. Short tempered and completly over reactive on the smallest things. Even if you were the most timid cat on the whole planet I would still love you just the same. Okay?” She placed a paw on top of his before going ahead to groom the shaken up tom. She’ll have a talk with that tempered male later. For now she’ll focus on making sure her mate was okay. Dewkit too looked a little upset.

“I’m sorry papa… I didn’t mean for it to be like that.”

“No no no Dew you didn’t know. I’m sorry you had to see that. Hey look if anyone ever does that to you, you stick it in their face and tell them you won’t listen and they’re not gonna phase you okay?” Seemed that’s all it really took. Crabspots wasn’t the same the rest of the week. The clan just thought he was shaken up but Berrybreeze knew those words Firestrike said has really gotten to him and hurt him. Even after that week passed and seeing him light up again, she still saw hurt in his eyes.
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinful_Lies » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:25 pm

Username: Sinful_Lies
Clan link: Cedarclan
Prompt: #1, #2, and #3
1 -
Cedarclan has an odd relationship with Twolegs. The clan lives in a national park that’s filled with hiking trails and a beautiful place for twolegs to come and watch the wild grizzly bears during the salmon runs each Spring.

During the colder months Cedarclan rarely ever comes across twolegs, except the occasional odd ones out, but it’s a totally different case once it starts to warm up. During the warmer months Cedarclan is often annoyed by their unruly visitors, especially those who bring dogs with them. The only pro Cedarclan about these twolegs is that they scare off most of Cedarclan’s natural predators with their loud noises, but that also means they scare off the prey. It’s a sacrifice Cedarclan is willing to make.

Some cats find themselves interested in the Twolegs and are perplexed as to why they wander so close to the dangerous bears. All in all though Cedarclan has figured out ways to avoid them and the Twolegs rarely stray off the path. Cedarclan cats can often be found making fun of the twolegs for that.

2 -
Deadgait thinks of himself as unworthy of being a warrior most of the time. Him and Beetlestar were the only two cats to make it out alive from the old Cedarclan and Deadgait often wonders why Beetlestar was chosen as the next leader over him.

Before Beetlestar received his name he was known as Beetlesong. He was the medicine cat of the original Cedarclan. This angered Deadgait because he had never heard of a Medicine Cat becoming a leader, only warriors, and he was a good warrior if he did say so himself. So why not him.

Deadgait holds a bitter resentment against Beetlestar and refuses to call him by his leader name, only ever referring to him as Beetlesong. Beetlesong is upset by this, but knows he can’t change the old cat’s opinion and often shrugs it off.

3-
Beetlesong dragged his feet through the forest surrounding him. What was he going to do now that his clan was gone. He didn’t know how to hunt. As Beetlesong thought about his predicament he started to realize just how bad it was. If he couldn’t hunt how was he supposed to teach another cat?! Suddenly Beetlesong heard the snapping of a twig causing him to quickly looking up, fearing that it was another wolf that had come to finish him off.

As Beetlesong stood there frozen in fear he saw someone who he definitely didn’t expect to see standing across from him. The two stared at each other, hoping they weren’t just imagining things.

“Deadgait.” Beetlesong whispered, scared that if he broke the silence his clanmate would disappear.

Deadgait just stared back at him, his front paw bent at a weird angle.

“Y-you… you-re alive!” Beetlesong stuttered, while dashing over to the other tom.

Deadgait glanced to the side, clearly upset. “No one else made it…?”

Beetlesong looked down, shaking his head. “Starclan told me to go and rebuild the clan and I wasn’t sure I could, but, but now that you’re here we can do it together!”

“Oh yeah, and who’s gonna lead this new clan.” Deadgait chimed back sarcastically.

“They said I would..” Beetlesong was starting to become less enthusiastic, sensing that his clanmate didn’t share in his optimism.

“Right because Starclan would choose a Medicine Cat over an actual Warrior to lead a clan.” Deadgait scoffed, venom clear in his voice. “You can’t even hunt for yourself.”

Beetlesong looked away, hurt by the other tom’s words.

xx│ She/Her │ xx
Semi Active
PFP made by faded_dreams11 and Sig art by aortic

FRKalons
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:38 am

Username: KrystalAster
Clan link: Clan of Falling Sapphire Waters
Prompt: #1
For most of the cats of the Clan of Falling Sapphire Waters, two-legs are wonderful memories. In the past lives of most of them, they each had a two-leg that they loved and who loved them dearly. The clan leader especially had a good experience. She was basically the queen of the house. Only a few of the cats of the clan either didn’t have a two-leg at all or are on their first life. The ones who never had two-legs are very skeptical of them. They have heard many great stories and a few not so great ones about them from the other clan cats, but since they have no personal experience with them they are unsure if they truly are as amazing as the other cats have said. It sounds promising, but since the location that they live at is completely free of two-legs, they don’t have much to worry about either way. The young ones who are on their first life think the stories the adults tell are so cool! It sounds to them like two-legs are the best thing since fresh perch! Especially the ones who treat their kitties like royalty, with treats and toys and lots of love. Ya, that sounds really nice.
Forever isn't long enough, I need you forever and a day,
in every lifetime and every universe, through every smile and tear,
by my side, not forever, but for eternity. - ➸

VET
Echo Revna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meowdle » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:32 pm

Username: Meowdle
Clan link: https://toyhou.se/Meowdle/characters/folder:2328361
Prompt:

#1:
WIP

#2:

#3:
WIP
──

──
───────
L I N K S
╭──────
dA: x & x
toyhou.se
Art Fight
Twitter
Pinterest
Listography

──────╯
───────
Hi, I'm Meowdle!
she/her
demi/pan
college student

I am going to be busy during weekdays, so I might not be able to get back to you/finish things until the weekend. Sorry about that! ;u;

Update 11/29/19: At this time, please do not ask me for commissions. I may occasionally make posts offering free art, however. :3
Meowdle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:49 am

Username: Bunnoblizzard
Clan link: ≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n

❀ Ⓟⓡⓞⓜⓟⓣ #① ❀

Squirrelpaw sniffed a nearby fern to check if the scent was stale or not. Her mentor, Brokenscar, had heard rumors within their clan that something was off on the south border, behind their short, tunnel system-cave-esk home at the bay's gentle shores. "Over here, Squirrelpaw!" Her mentor called in the loving voice he always did when he talked to her, considering their adoptive father and daughter relationship. Squirrelpaw's head jerked upwards as she ran to her right to catch up with him, too focused to have noticed that the tom had already begun to another spot some ways away from her, still in her line of vision, though.

"They've come so far." He mewed, his voice strained with a concerned and nervous mix of emotions. "Should I head back and tell Tansystar?" Squirrelpaw asked, his nervousness rubbing off on her. "Hm." Brokenscar murmured deep in thought, "Not quite yet. Let's investigate first, be very quiet, okay?" Squirrelpaw nodded. Sometimes he talked to her like this, as though she was a small kit exploring but she didn't confront him about it because she knew he had a good reason, considering the dangerous situation they could be in. Squirrelpaw brushed against her adopted father's flank, seeking comfort even in the darkest times he seemed to store just for her.

Brokenscar led her to a rose of smoke in the sky, supposedly a twoleg camp and their red flowers. There. There they were burning dead trees, destroying as they had always done since the beginning of the oldest cat's memory. Squirrelpaw felt irritation bubble within her, "Humans aren't supposed to be so close to us. They never have, so why now?" Squirrelpaw mewed, sheathing and unsheathing her claws in anger. Brokenscar stared blankly at the red flower, also known as fire. Squirrelpaw's claws stopped sheathing and unsheathing and she hugged him, "We can't let it get out of hand." Brokenscar, meanwhile, was... remembering. It a painful process for the poor tom.

"Haha! Come on Dappleshine! Come hang out with us!" His kits giggled from on top of him as they had just planned a surprise attack. Dappleshine's gaze darkened and she turned away. The kittens were visibly upset as their mother turned her back to them and ignored them, which had been more and more frequent recently. Brokenscar didn't even understand why. Had him or the kittens done anything wrong? Why was she so angry all the time now? It was night time now and he hurried the kits back to bed, waiting for his mate to come in so he could discuss this coldness with her. But she didn't. Not exactly, at least.

Brokenscar saw a cat shaped shadow pass by the entrance. He looked at his kits and noticed all were fast asleep. He slowly and quietly stood up, leaving the kits in the den all snuggled up together. Brokenscar saw his mate whispering and assumed she was talking to herself, hopefully sorting out these weird mood swings she had developed recently. Dappleshine was curled up around something, maybe some prey? He stepped closer and yelped in surprise, "D-dappleshine?" Dappleshine was curled up with a jet black tom and was purring as if earlier she hadn't turned her back on her family. Dappleshine jolted upwards in surprise as well, the jet black tom doing the same. "It's not what it looks like." Brokenscar watched as her stomach held a small sway to it that he hadn't noticed before. "How could you?" His voice was dry, merely a croak.

There was a crackle in the distance when Brokenscar raised his claws and brought them down on the black tom's face, surely blinding him forever. "How could you?!" He roared, too angry and sad to control himself. Twolegs cackles echoed in the distance before a deafening crackle echoed, not one of a twolegs. Screaming. Loud noises. Heartbeat in-ear. Brokenscar saw a large red-ish orange flame develop around their camp, catching the black tom and burning him. His mate had long gone, disappeared. "The kits!" He yowled to himself. Just as he had turned around towards the den and arrived a large, burning branch fell on it. Crushing the den and everything inside it for sure. "No..." He cried. "NO!" His yowl echoed like warriors as he was forced to run away, his leg caught on a burning outstretched tree trunk.

Brokenscar, now time, leaped forward and roared loudly, his shadow casting to the left of him and scaring the twolegs away. Squirrelpaw stood frozen in the undergrowth but managed to gain control of her body, rushing forward and spraying dirt and sand across the twoleg red flower. "I'm sorry." Brokenscar's voice cracked as he collapsed in a sad pile of sobbing, remembering his past was so painful.

❀ Ⓟⓡⓞⓜⓟⓣ #③ ❀

Brokenscar managed to stumble back to camp with Squirrelpaw letting him lean on her. "Goldenleaf! Goldenleaf!" She yowled, attempting to climb up the smooth stone ramp with her adopted father nearly falling every moment. Goldenleaf, Waterquiver, and Crowflight came running out of inside of the now bustling with activity prey-sharing cave, the first cave in their home. "He... he had another memory thing!" Squirrelpaw cried, out of breath as they took him off her shoulders and other cats came out to begin helping.

They brought the tom into the medicine den and Crowflight and Waterquiver had shooed everyone back to sleep or work, focusing on him now. Squirrelpaw was being questioned by Waterquiver, "His.. his old family. The red flower. Y-y'know?" Squirrelpaw lapped up the water Tansystar had managed to bring her after she arrived back from patrol. "He roared REALLY LOUD and then twolegs just- just- poofed right out of there!" Goldenleaf sat with her tail wrapped around Brokenscar to keep him warm but she stared at him with an amount of concern Squirrelpaw hadn't seen her do to her other patients.

The next day, Squirrelpaw awoke with her father around the same time and checked on him before his new admirer could. "Brokenscar?" She whispered. Brokenscar awoke slowly, groaning from the pain in his back leg where he had, oh so long ago, scratched whilst running from the fire. "Where's- where's Dappleshine and the-..." Squirrelpaw's concerned, slowly blinking face showed in his vision and he covered his eyes once more, embarrassed but still very upset. "It happened again." He said, less of a question and more of a statement, which was still true. "Y-yes. But don't worry! Goldenflower gave you poppy seeds and soon you'll be all-" Brokenscar cut her off accidentally, a rushing water sound in his ears still, "I won't." He croaked, tears beginning to make their way down his golden cheeks. "What do you mean?" Squirrelpaw's voice cracked a little as she spoke.

Brokenscar shook his head from under his paws, "I'll never get better. My mate left me for another tom and my kits are dead. I will always be like this." He whispered dryly, bitterness in his voice as he mention the tom and his past mate. He never even got to know the tom or his name before he threw him into the raging fire that had apprently ended his kit. "Because that is my flaw, Squirrelpaw. That is my flaw."
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:36 pm

In an effort to move the quest board reset to the 1st of each month, this round will be extended !
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby espen. » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:07 am

Username: quirky;
Clan link: LagoonClan
Prompt: #1 opinion on Twolegs [ 508 words ]

The reporter cat bounced happily into the clan's camp, ignoring the confused stares and hisses. She found a brown and orange cat and asked for their name and rank.

"Uh..I'm Kestrelspeck. I'm a Warrior...? What are you even doing here? Who are you?" The she-cat asked, extremely puzzled. The reporter cat dismissed the questions and asked one of her own.

"What is your opinion on Twolegs? Are they scary? Do they haunt your nightmares?" She smiled and batted her eyelashes. The Warrior's eyes widened in alarm but answered anyway.

"In my opinion, Twolegs are the scourge of this earth. Always invading our territory with their shrieks and stomping. They think they own the entire world and don't care about anything but themselves. Plus they pollute the lagoon with see-through deathtraps. I once heard a clanmate call them 'bags.' Whatever those are." The reporter nodded, pretending to be super interested, and just jotted down 'bad' on her notebook.

She moved on to the next cat. An orange and silver-tinted tom was just finishing up with his vole meal. She tapped him on the shoulder and he turned, green eyes centered around star-shaped pupils. He gave the reporter a curious look.

"Please state your name and rank."

"Acornfleck. Warrior. Why do you need to know?"

"That's not important. What is important, is your opinion on Twolegs."

The tom furrowed his brow...if cats have brows to furrow. "Twolegs are...something. They're honestly just loud and destructive. Not much else to it."

The reporter jotted down 'bad.' She skittered off and found a sweet-looking she-cat giggling at the kits who were playing with moss balls. She once again asked for the she-cat's name and rank.

"I'm uh, Copperfight. I'm a Hunter." She looked just as confuzzled as the others. The reporter cat was a little over the whole 'perplexed reaction to her strange questions and her strange appearance in the camp' thing they all had going on.

"Opinion on Twolegs?"

"Uh, I guess they're not the best. They scare away prey when I'm out hunting. But other than that they just exist...?" The she-cat had been abandoned by the kits and was left alone with the unusual stranger. The stranger simply scribbled down 'bad.' She nodded to the Hunter and went on her way. Ah! A small patrol about to head out!

The she-cat pranced over to a blue rosetted tabby and a blue mackerel tabby. They asked the normal questions of 'Who are you?' 'Why are you in our camp?' and 'What's with the notebook?' She just asked for their names and ranks.

The rosetted cat answered with a simple, "Icefall. Hunter."

The mackerel tabby said, "Mackeralstorm. Hunter. Listen, we're in a hurry. Icefall and I were about to go fishing in the river."

The cat brushed this off and inquired their opinions on Twolegs. Icefall shrugged; Mackeralstorm grumbled under their breath and walked off, beckoning their clanmate to follow. The reporter jotted down 'bad' once more. Such bountiful knowledge to be shared with the WORLD! These LagoonClan cats are so wise!

Username: quirky;
Clan link: LagoonClan
Prompt: #2 What flaw does one of your cats see in themself

Blazewhisker is heavier set and get's made fun of ;c

blazewhisker-art.png
blazewhisker-art.png (141.37 KiB) Viewed 306 times
espen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:00 pm

Username: MutatedCry
Clan link: Clan of Eternal Sun
Prompt:

The Clan views humans as their predecessors. Those who came before, who made mistakes so the Clan would know what not to do, and what to borrow from their civilizations.

In the first generation of Clan of Eternal Sun cats, their views on humans were much more mixed. Fear and terror from the desert cats, for the strange ones who drove into the desert on their nature-defying machines to disturb the solitude. Anger and frustration from city cats, for the way the humans created a mess they never bothered to clean up. Longing and sorrow from the ex-house cats, hoping every night that they'd wake up back in their beloved's arms.

But as time progressed, the scars faded. The humans became a distant memory, something to study and learn from, rather than an active force in their lives. The cats felt more curiosity than anything towards the strange, tall furless ones from the past. Why did they live the way they did? Why did they forget where they had come from— the sands and the foam of the sea? Why did they decide to collapse under the weight of their own growth, rather than rejoice in what was already there?

They cover their faces in the humans' old fabric, to keep the sun and sand out of delicate noses. They create paint to tell stories, just as the humans used to.

But more than anything, the Clan promises to never become them.

Glassheart once hurt someone irreparably— and that is why he now spends all his days laying in the shadows of the Shelter, despondent to all who interact with him. He refuses to share the details, refuses to talk at all about it, but some cats have managed to coax the basics out of him.

After the humans vanished, many groups of cats popped up to replace the void they had left behind. Glassheart had joined one, holed up in an abandoned church, with his partner. The group quickly grew sour, fights breaking out and the leader becoming more and more manipulative.

Glassheart managed to get out.

His partner didn't.
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:21 am

Username: nindroidzane
Clan link: FrostClan
Prompt:

#1: Breezewhisper sat at the edge of the lake, the soft swish of the water sounding just beneath her paws. But she wasn't here for the cool water today; no, today she was here to listen to a more interesting sound: the fishers.

"Mama?" Her kit mewed, tucked within her fluffy tail.

The she-cat purred, leaning down to give her a soft lap on the head. "Yes, dear?"

"Why are we watching the... the..."

"The fishers?"

"Um, yeah." Littlekit nestled into her side. "Why are we watching the fishers?"

Breezewhisper thought for a moment, the quiet sound of drifting water filling the silence. She'd never really thought about why she came here to watch them - she just always had, at least since reforming the Clan. Which is to say, since she left the village.

She puzzled over this for a moment. "I just think they're very interesting. Don't you?"

Littlekit's paws scraped gently at the snow. "I dunno. I can hardly see them."

"But you can hear them, can't you?" She gently flicked Littlekit over the ear. "I used to hear them all the time, when I was a housecat. They do some very strange things."

The kit went quiet, so Breezewhisper assumed she was trying to listen. She breathed a gentle sigh. Truth be told, she thought fishers were very nice creatures, in addition to being interesting. They'd always been very kind to her when she lived among them, especially her housefolk. It had hurt when they left, but she still loved them.

She pricked her ears, listening harder. Maybe they'd come back after she'd gone, and were worried about her. If she could pick up their voices...

"Are you listening to the Twolegs again?" Huckleberry's voice popped up, breaking her concentration. Littlekit squeaked in surprise, climbing out of her mother's tail to climb all over him.

"Yes, we were listening to the fishers." Breezewhisper kept her ears angled towards the village.

"Fishers, Twolegs, whatever. I thought you called 'em housefolk, anyway." She heard him scratch at his ear, and she sighed, turning towards him.

"That's different." She nosed around for Littlekit, scooping her up with a paw. "Those were just the ones I lived with."

"Whatever you say." Huckleberry ruffled the fur on Littlekit's head, and she squealed. "I don't care what we call 'em, so long as they stay on their side of the lake."

"You don't have to listen to them, then." Tucking Littlekit back against her fur, she started grooming out the snow.

"I wasn't really plannin' on it." Huckleberry's pawsteps began crunching away through the snow. "But you two enjoy."

I will. Breezewhisper thought, turning back towards the village. Back towards her old life.

#2:
A bit big sorry
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me