Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Jellybean Dragon Adopts 2 (CLOSED)

Postby Vintage » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:03 am

I have to agree with Wyrd and all her fabulous remarks.
I respect you Hiccup, and I bid you a farewell in hope that your real life events will get better. I disagree with you on the point of letting those whom are banned keep their JBDs. They broke rules, I beileve 10 but don't wipe me on this. Rules are set in place to keep the community safe. If these members got off the hook with it, it would be saying that the staff may not care anymore, which could promote more users from doing it. I'd hate to be a debt downer in all of this, but I would strongly urge to keep te readoptions of the banned members JBDs going, to tell the community that this is never right and that they should not do it in the future. No, I am not sayin this to be selfish and get one of those adopted JBDs, but in the sense of keeping the community in their bounds.
I also think that if you overruled the staff saying that the banned could keep their adopted JBDs, it night bring thoughts back of favoritism. These members broke rules and kept their JBDs, even after the amount of rules they broke. if that italicized message came out to everyone, we might be going back downhill to where all of the community started going hay-wire.

Lastly, thank you to the JBD staff for keeping the community safe and happy for all these years. It is greatly appreciated.
Hey there, I'm Vintage, but you can call me Vin if you prefer to do so.
DA
sdfBlueInMyShoesdfTumblr

Vintage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .kestral » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:04 am

*Is about to get self lynched*

Firstly, thank you Hiccup for keeping them going so long, JBD's are and always will be an amazing species and were fantastic while they ran. No matter what decision has been made please always remember what a fantastic thing you bought to CS.

Obviously the future is fuzzy, breeding and such, all that is up in the air.

All I can suggest is allow people to grow there beans, let any bean who can reach adulthood. Breeding? Why is it important? I think if you close down the species close it all. Don't be pushed into doing something you don't want to do. I think making them an open species would be the worst decision you could make. They would be twisted and changed and would never be the same species anymore. The species everyone fell in love with.

I am probably the only one who has that view. Anyway, good luck in the future. No matter what you decide remember that some of us will always support it.

And as for drifting from CS a lot recently, that happens. I have never spoken to you much but I wish you all the luck, online and in the real world!

:
Having serious issues viewing dark colours at the moment. May delay replys to pms. Sorry.

The Leopard Pups
Grey, Black and White. The world revolves and we go with it. Twisting in this everlasting monotony, eyes of green and gold, watching and waiting for our chance, our time. Cytor, Liliana, Serenade, Bayonet, the Prankster, the sweet one, the mother and the lost soul. There birth was a lost event, one in a million, two wandering souls met in the shadows, and these four were created. There pups are the stuff of legend, one lost there sight, one lost there path, one lost there love and the other? The other lost his family, everyone they cared about. He lost his family.
.kestral

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:07 am

-cut-
Last edited by allynabean on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔══════════════════╗
ally || she/they || adult
╚══════════════════╝
╔══════════════════╗
stars || fcats || moonclan
╚══════════════════╝
art by nio

Image Image Image
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby outoforder001 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:11 am

I myself would not like for this to be an Open Species, others tried so hard to get there JBDs and for what, for others to get them easy and simple and whatever they may desire?
    Everyone made personalitys, were apart of a community and making it an open species just wouldn't be the same

outoforder001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neon sparks » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:13 am

i think an open species would be nice, some mods could stick around to regulate them and such, but i do understand if it is wanted to stay closed, even if there free an artist will often want to keep there things the way they are, if they are closed permanently then asking for them to be opened may be perceived like some one asking if they can recolor your oc, witch to my understanding is usually an outrageous request
xXXXXXXXXXXzzzxxzXXxxxxxxUsed to be Lieutenant sparks

xx
xx

┌──────────────────────────────┐
xxxxxx| my toyhou.se | | my Deviantart | | Commissons are: Open |
└──────────────────────────────┘
┌──────────────────────────────┐

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
└──────────────────────────────┘

xx
ImageImage
Neon sparks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cleverify » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:35 am

-Reposting- accidentally posted this on my sisters account;;

I don't agree with the open species idea, it'd just be hectic and we'd end up with a lot of JBDs that aren't loved. I do wish it would be passed on to one of the staff, and kept open, but some artists don't like doing that kind of thing. I 'm going to miss these guys, I really wished they hadn't closed so soon after I got my first one, I really wished they hadn't closed at all. I can't say I know where you're coming from, I don't, but I understand that us ranting won't change your mind. If it did I'd write an essay, but instead I'll just right a simple farewell to the community I've grown to love. I do wish my Velox had more of a chance to be developed and start a family, but I imagine with them closing, and the nursery eventually closing, the community that kept them alive will fade away. I'm sorry you feel the need to close them, but I'll respect your decision.
Cleverify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedFur1322 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:41 am

Hiccup, I completely respect your choice. Thank you for creating an amazing species.
I do have a few things to say, however.

I, sadly, have to agree with the open species thing. There are just so many people, including me, who's dream was to finally get a JBD, and now... Their dream has been crushed. Now, the people who own JBDs can (not saying they would, but it's possible) rub it in their faces, or tease them about it. I know people who spent hours correcting their forms, or constantly coming back to check their books marks for any updates on the species. But, since the closing, all they can do is just sit back, and internally cry, because they never even had a chance before it closed.
With the open species Idea, then all the people who wanted one so badly, could finally get one themselves! I mean, sure, there are some cons to this, but it wouldn't make it a less popular species, and it would still be fun to show of your beans in your signature, and keep them as prized characters. And with an open species, now everyone can have that feeling of satisfaction, with a new JBD the way they like it! Maybe some staff members could hang around to help it not to crazy. And, there would not be any illegal actions by creating your own bean, because that is what an open species is for! No corrupted staff or anything
Ike that.

Well, I had a good run at getting a bean, and this species was just so amazing. Thank you so much for making it, and we all promise to keep the JBD legacy going strong.
UPDATE;; July | 20 | 2020

|| I've officially left this site. To those who built me up, who encouraged me, who offered me company and roleplayed with me despite my rather juvenile behavior, and who joined me in OC competitions, I want to thank you! This site introduced me to things that would mold and impact my life forever, and would help me find my dream career and grow myself as a person. I may have moved on from CS, but I will never forget my roots, nor will I forget the sheer happiness this site brought and the amazing people I've had the incredible pleasure of meeting. Thank you all so much for helping me to get to where I am today. <3 ||

If you happen to see this, you may find me at @Birds.For.Brains on Instagram, or @Wrenkenstein on DA!
RedFur1322

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mitsurugi » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:43 am

Is JBDs closed forever?
    ────── 異 議 あり ! ──────────────────
    mitsu • he/him • leo | carrd
    [ istp 5w4 - slytherin - chaotic neutral ]

─────────────────── 待 っ た ! ──────
mitsurugi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppercorn » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:49 am

Guys, It should just be an open species. Its free. No need to work so hard.
Hello there. I'm Peppercorn. I like to draw, take photos and baking. I work at an adoptable center called Pixel squirrels. If you ever need too, feel free to PM me and chat.

Feeling wrote:PM me design patterns for pixel squirrels.

coded by peppercorn (me)
Peppercorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby m0chicakez » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:53 am

I think a few people might or might not disagree with this, but...
I think it's for the best to close the species. Hiccup said it themselves- they are barely active on CS anymore and I honestly think that this is the best for the species as a whole too.
Yeah, I was a member of the IR. And I am sincerely thankful that you are letting us keep our beans, Hic. Seriously, I cried out of joy when I saw that.

When I got the message from mord, I was upset but I did respect the staffs decision. Nixie was a long loved friend of mine whom I had developed and made her interact with others for a year. To know that I lost her and Niromi was oh so painful.
Thanks for another chance, and I think I speak for all the others who was in the IR as well when I say that we are truly grateful for your kindness.

I joined the IR because I thought the community was falling apart, and to have a chance to interact and have fun with others who thought so as well. I never meant to offend anyone, or to make such a mess by being involved with the IR.

So thank you for these wonderful years hiccup, I will truly miss it.

Cakeface
m0chicakez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me