Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Quest Board

Postby Vivika » Thu May 13, 2021 2:20 pm

mark! <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Thu May 13, 2021 2:24 pm

Username: 0Zero0
Clan link: Tailless Comet
Prompt:
QUEST #1
Tell me about a myth your clan has, you can draw or write about this prompt.
Who tells the clan about this myth? When did it start? Is there some sort creature involved in this myth?

In the very beginning, there was a seedling. It was a small plant begging for nutrients in the early days of it's life. Man had wattered it, nourished it, loved it. One day that man chopped the tree he loved so much down long before it could be considered an adult. Burned it's stump, tore up it's roots. Demolished the land. Humanoids had long since left this land, when wilderness took over, and dragonborne tore it apart.

That was but long ago, and is only a small fragment of the story that has been told. That man, you see, had a daughter, and that daughter protected that tree with her very life. No one knows why this is relevant to the lore other then StarClan, but it is important none the less. You see, that daughter became the tree, and gave back to the land. They now protect the land, and all those who give it love and nourishment. Those who follow the proper cycle will not be harmed by man, nor beast ever again.

The tree sits high atop the mountain, and leans over the leader's den, it is said to have been there long before the founder of the clan. Sometimes a story is told by the elders, sometimes by the warriors, and sometimes by the queens. The current leader has even told it once, however the story is a little different every time. In the end, it always involves the tree that leans over the hill. A cherry blossom tree, that blooms every spring.

In truth, while the leader does not believe this myth. Part of it is actually true. The tree does have a spirit inside of it, and they do protect the land from anything that doesn't belong. Magic is strong in the land even though it isn't seen so clearly, so the myth will live on as long as the clan does. The myth goes as follows:

"Up above, a tree lies soothingly,
It sings to us a call of praise.
As long as you take care of me,
I'll protect you always.

I slumbered long as we needed respite,
From the nasty fires back in that day.
Beasts of large would take our lives,
But I would not easily let them stay.

I stole there light and threw it far,
And grew my own.
Leading protectors from the stars,
I only ask you remember me,
Remember that I'll hold you threw-
The Rain,
The Fire,
The Tears,
The Love,
The Pain.

I am only a sapling on the hill,
that needs you to grow tall.
So please watch over me,
and you will all prosper through the fall."

The poem is also spoken in story format, as well as song, but the poem is the most common re-spoken.

Prompt:
QUEST #2
Do any of your cats have any fears/phobias? You may only draw your response to this prompt.

Prompt:
QUEST #3
What does your founder's family tree look like? You may only write your response to this prompt.

Sunstar has quite the collection of family. Let us start with his sibling, RedStar. They are strong brothers and always seem to fight a lot as siblings do, however they do not share a father, and are a little distant in litters. Sun, had many other siblings in his life, all similar in color as they are a cream or red broken mackerels usually with the rare blue or tortie child. He does not know most of his siblings, as they were adopted at a young age by two-legs or other clans.

While Sun himself doesn't remember his mother, she was a red beauty with minimal white and striking golden eyes. She has had many mates in her day, including Sun's father, a Blue tom with mid white and Green eyes. They were both long haired and both distant with Sun. He is unaware of his grandparents or great grandparents, and hasn't experienced children yet.
Last edited by 0Zero0 on Sun May 23, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

panda by phtorxp ∘ fox by fluffy_marry ∘ cat/coding by me
Image Image Image Image

X
〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ Scorpio ✜ Adult 〙
ImageImage Pokemon PMD RP
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunnyside » Thu May 13, 2021 2:25 pm

Username: Sunnyside
Clan link: https://toyhou.se/~world/74047.cats-of-the-frv-stars
Prompt: Quest prompt #3 - What does your founder's family tree look like? You may only write your response to this prompt.

Roseflame of the Tree Hoppers -----|----- Unknown of the Wave Crashers
|
|
Rowanflame (founder) of the Wave Crashers
Bramblestride of the Tree Hoppers

Rowanflame, my founder, was born to Roseflame of the Tree Hoppers. He was raised there with his brother Bramblestride. When their mother passed away when they were apprentices, Rowanflame was devastated, and moved to the Wave Crashers to get to know his father. Bramblestride stayed with the Tree Hoppers and still holds grudge against his brother for abandoning him. Rowanflame took the -flame suffix that his mother carried as a way to keep her close.
Sunnyside

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Thu May 13, 2021 2:27 pm

Username: Lex.
Clan link: Cats of Huntingdon
Prompt:

Quest 1:

Quest 3:
    The founder of Cats of Huntingdon is the great-grandmother of the current leader, Silver. She was named Grenadine, and was powerful leader, very charismatic. Her first daughter took over as leader once her mother passed away. The second leader of these cats was named Artemis. Artemis was different from her mother. She had to witness her death, and it changed her. She was cruel, hardened from grief and anger. She ruled with an iron paw, keeping rules and regulations very strict. She spent most of her days being mad at the world for what it took from her. She did one day have a daughter though. The father? Artemis never spoke of him. In fact, no one knew who he was.
    One winter, Artemis had her daughter, Iris. Iris was a fairly weak kit. During her training, she could never keep up with her trainer, and got sick often. It wasn't until one day, Iris was visited by a ghost. The ghost of a twoleg kit. The kit and Iris met in the woods, and played till the sunset. The kit saw the setting sun and turned towards Iris. She muttered some words in the twoleg language, they touched noses, and the kit left. Iris snuck back into her nest, and woke the next day with no aches, pains or sickness. It was almost like a miracle.
    From then on Iris grew to be a strong heir. But there was an issue. Iris was nothing like her mother. Iris valued patience and persistence. Iris was kind-hearted and true. With her mother around, she couldn't live her life, and neither could her groupmates.
    So, she organized a rebellion. To overthrow her angry and violent mother. She gathered her most trusted friends, and confronted her on a night of the full moon.
    They went to battle, Iris and her loyal friends versus Artemis and her yes men.
    The battle was long, blood was shed. Just as things were reaching an end, Artemis walked up to Iris. Screeches and mews filled the sky. As Artemis raised her paw to swipe at her daughter, the sky opened up. Like a gift from the stars, lighting struck down the leader, keeping Iris safe from harm.
    Iris and her loyal groupmates came together, and rebuilt the clan. Letting in outsiders like before, making training safer, and restoring order. Life continued well in the town, for many moons. Iris even found a mate by the name of Toby. Toby was sweet and kind, just like Iris. They lived happily in each others company, making memories that would last forever. They even had a kit together, which the group knows as Silver.
    Iris and Toby raised her, and taught her all about the good of life. Silver grew up, learning the most she could from her two parents.

To this day, Iris and Toby live in the group as elders. They live their days reminiscing about their young days, and Silver always makes sure to visit them once every couple days.

It seems that Silver inherited her pretty looks from her parents, as well as her kind hearted personality.

Grenadine; Black Smoke Spotted Tabby
    Artemis; Black Classic Tabby
    Iris; Silver Rosette Tabby
    Toby; Pale Ginger Classic Tabby
Last edited by Lex. on Sat May 15, 2021 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    if you're happy where you are
    then you need not look too far
    if you've found your place at last
    then you need not use the looking glass
    -;; bubble puppy

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigFrog4231 » Thu May 13, 2021 2:45 pm

Username: BigFrog4231
Clan link: The Tribe of Singing Wind
Prompt: #1- tell me about a myth your clan has, you can draw or write about this prompt.
Who tells the clan about this myth? When did it start? Is there some sort creature involved in this myth?

While the Tribe if fairly new and not much had happened yet, a strange creature was seen just a few days ago during a dusk patrol... Pebble claims to have seen what he likes to call "a half-cat"; half cat half raccoon. He swears he saw it, and it wasn't a raccoon that looks a lot like a cat or a cat that looks eerily like a raccoon. As the days went on the story became more and more complex.

This half-cat Pebble spotted is rumoured to be a cat cursed to be half raccoon, never accepted by cats or raccoons. Over the seasons it's turned angry with its situation, and strikes in the middle of the night on unsuspecting wanderers or naughty kits who try to explore the meadow. It feasts on the kits it steals as a snack, but turns the cats it finds into more half-cats with its infectious bites and scratches.

Most of the older cats in the Tribe don't believe in this myth, but the kits certainly do. It seems with every passing day the myth grows in complexity with the kits going on and on about it. The kits of the Tribe seem to believe there's a whole Tribe of these half-cats living in the ever-deep-forest, and that's why novice's must be with a Protector in order to enter.
mac !! he/xem
``i like everything, im a great cool``

adult
⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅

est
transmasc
ImageImagexxxx

TH || LISTOGRAPHY
tokenz 4 art- open
TVR || TMA || BGG

⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅
BigFrog4231

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jaques » Thu May 13, 2021 2:53 pm

Username: jaques
Clan link: Sunclan
Prompt:
QUEST #1

It was a no moon night as the cats of Sunclan gather together under the open skies. It was dark, only the stars gave light as they stood out against the shadows of the sky. Poppystar laid with her paws tucked under her chest while groomed the fur along her back. MapleStory and Nettleclaw spoke quietly together while Mothclaw was gathering the apprentices together.

At the center of the group, Blossomstream waited patiently, her tail loosely tapping the ground (as much as it could). Patchleaf nudges Briarstripe to make room as he and Sorrelwhisker finally join the gathering. After awhile of shuffling paws and quiet whispers, everyone was seated comfortably in a semi-circle around the beloved Medicine Cat of the clan. The newcomer - a temporary addition to hear out one of the old stories, sits in - this was Hana! Sunclan was rather open to strangers, so long as they weren't hostile, and Hana never was. Just curious.

"Shall we begin?" Blossomstream would ask, eye eye glancing from cat to cat as they voice their agreement or nod their heads in approval. At last... "Good. The clan gathers tonight, on the night of a no-moon, to pass on the stories that our ancestors has past onto us. Sunclan is a clan of History - one where we learn from our mistakes and grow to be stronger from them. Our heros, big or small, will have their names uttered from generation to generation, so that their legacy may never die."

The pink and yellow cat closes her eye and takes a deep breath through her nose. She could hear them...the whispers of the dead. Every full Medicine Cat of their clan could. "Tonight the Stars have chosen the story of the Tooth and Claw."

"Oh I know this one!" Cherrypaw would exclaim.

Honeypaw would snort. "Of course you do, it's your favourite."

Blossomstream would smile fondly, waiting patiently for the chatter to stop before she begins, her eye sparkling in the starlight. "Many, many moons ago, in generations past, there was once a great battle the warred between Sunclan and the now defunct Swiftclan. It had started over border disputes, as both clans swore on their faith that the other had trespassed and their scents were found all over the inner territories. Bones of long-since-eaten prey was left unceremoniously where it was dined upon, and trees were marked by unfamiliar claws. The clans were furious with one another, as neither would own up to the deed."

Cherrypaw would giggle excitedly.

"At last the two clans would begin to fight, both harried and at their wits end with the losses of prey each moon that could have gone to their own bellies," The medicine cat says, waving a paw through the air as she told the story, miming the words subconsciously. "No one knew what was going on until one night a ginger she-cat named Coldfur caught glimpse of a pair of cats in the dark. She had been out to make dirt and head towards the river to take a drink when she stumbled upon them. These cats were Tooth and Claw. At first Coldur had mistaken them for Swiftclan cats, as their smell was strikingly similar - however when she burst out to confront them, she was surprised to find that they were not recognizable as any Swiftclan cat she had ever seen - and she was very good at remembering faces!"

"The pair of toms would scurry off quickly, running over the border into enemy territory, much to the she-cat's confusion. In the end, she ran back to camp and woke up her leader, Mottledstar, to tell him all about what she saw. This would enrage him! He didn't believe the cats could be rogues, not when they smelled of Swiftclan and would willingly run back onto their territory, so that meant that they truly tresspassing. So, the next day was full moon and Mottledstar plans to confront Swiftclan about this, finally having proof. Surely they will see the cats amongst their clan and be able to point them out, right?"

During the pause, Honeypaw would nod. "Right!"

This made Blossomstream smile warmly. "Yes. So this is what they did. Only, when Mottledstar called upon Coldfur to point out the cats, she was dismayed to find that they weren't there! Swiftclan's leader, Stoatstar, was smug and called our leader a liar, as obviously they can't convict cats that never existed, and all their warriors were there tonight like normal! By the time the clan got back to camp, our leader was fuming and blamed poor Coldfur for the whole ordeal for making it up, even though she reminds him that she didn't remember their faces to begin with - that they couldn't have been Swiftclan cats, they had to be rogues. He, however, did not listen."

"Truly a pity, the petty war would have ended much sooner if the leader had believed his warrior," Nettlefang sneers, glancing to his mate who was sat by his side. She would nod.
"Right. I mean...the signs were there. Why would she lie?" Maplestorm agreed.

"Indeed. This entire folly would last a few moons until an instance where Swiftclan had caught sight of the rogues this time. They assumed, much like Mottledstar had, that they were enemy clan cats, and chased them off with a serious warning. When full moon came, they called them out on it, at this point Coldfur would speak up and ask about their appearances, despite a sharp warning from her leader to speak in turn. Swiftclan complied and gave descriptions that Coldfur would shout out in surprise that they were the same cats she had seen!" Blossomstream stood, walking around the circle as she told the story. (wip)

Prompt:
QUEST #2
Do any of your cats have any fears/phobias? You may only draw your response to this prompt.

Prompt:
QUEST #3
What does your founder's family tree look like? You may only write your response to this prompt.

Poppystar was a clanborn, her names growing up being Poppykit, Poppypaw, and Poppystorm. She had two littermates, a brother named Goosewhisker and a sister Hollynose. The trio, growing up, were rather close, near inseparable, in fact. As kits they often snuck out of camp, and as apprentices they trained (ruthlessly) with one another. However, Hollynose fell in love with a rogue and would come to leave the clan for him (though permitted to come back any time), while Goosewhisker died of greencough last winter. Poppystar still grieves his loss.

As for her parents, they were Mintheart and Gorseclaw, bother senior warriors when they had finally had kits - they were a miracle as the pair had assumed they were barren. Mintheart, however, died while the kits we're still nurseries due to a respiratory infection, leaving the kits to nurse off, and grow up alongside, Nettlefang and his mother, Dappledleaf.

Gorseclaw, however, was a doting and living father and taught his kits everything. He only recently came to retire before dying of old age, while Dappledleaf was killed by a monster some moons ago.

Then there are Poppystar's kits with Pigeonear, who are currently wild apprentices.
Last edited by jaques on Thu May 13, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
adult - artist - system (d.i.d.) - they/them

ivy \ jinx \ kai \ irene \ jackdaw \ jelly

jaques

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Thu May 13, 2021 3:50 pm

Username: nio
    Clan link: bayclan
    Prompt:
    QUEST #1

“So, you guys know about the monster, the one in the mountains, yeah?” Hestia asked, as she lay next to a handful of clanmates, sharing tongues in the sun. A bunch of heads turned to stare at her.

“The… what?” Finchberry paused mid-lick, turning to stare at the cream-coloured cat. “The… Did you just say monster?”

Hestia smirked. She knew that sentence would draw attention to her. She counted 7 pairs of eyes turned to her, all glistening with intrigue. Artemis, who was next to her, was the only one who didn’t react. Beside the fact that they’d probably already heard this story before, they were usually fed up with the silly things Hestia spoke about.

“Yes, yes, the monster. He hangs around the caves and cliffs near the Bear Cave. Surely you’ve seen him!” The mediator apprentice continued her story, remaining slightly cryptic to ensure her listeners were truly captivated.

“No island scouts have seen anything of the sort.” Shoreline, who had been cleaning Finchberry, spoke to the crowd. “None of our reports ever contained anything about… monsters. Or whatever.”

“You haven’t even seen the fire it breathes from its mouth?” Hestia addressed the question to Shoreline, and her fellow island scout, Squirrelfuzz. The latter was looking dazed and confused. He must have been abruptly woken from a nap.

“Uhhh I saw smoke once? I think. Or maybe it was just fog…” Squirrelfuzz mumbled, looking at Shoreline for help.

“That was fog, mousebrain.” Peeweepounce, another cat in the crowd, purred affectionately as they gave Squirrelfuzz a soft cuff around the ear. Squirrelfuzz chucked and mumbled to himself.

"Anyway, this monster, it breathes fire! I think it was from... the middle head?" Hestia scratched behind her ear in thought. "Yes, yes, the head in the middle, the uhh... goat one!"

"Are you saying this... thing has more than one head?" Finchberry asked, looking horrified. Her small body gave a little shudder in fear.

"Yes! The one on the front is that of a huuuuge cat, with a great mane. I think the body was also of a lion." Hestia continued to describe the monster with such ease. "The middle of the body has a goat's head protruding out, the one that breathes fire! And then, instead of a tail, this beast has a huge, angry snake. The first time I saw it I was captivated!"

Artemis sighed loudly. "You have not seen this... thing, Hestia."

"Uh, I sure have! When I was a kit, lost and alone! I was trying to find somewhere to rest at night, and was drawn to the fire of the fire that it was breathing. I was frozen, watching it, but then I ran far, far away. It is definitely real, Artemis. My own two eyes saw it!" Hestia argued.

"Pfft, you were probably tired and delirious, you don't know what you saw." Artemis narrowed their eyes at their apprentice.

Finchberry was cowering against Shoreline, who was licking her head soothingly. Hestia smirked.

"Well, I'm just saying... Island scouts, you better keep an eye out for this monster... The Chimera." She grinned, and turned to lick her back once more.

The crowd looked at each other, some fearful, some doubtful. Hushed whispers were spoken from cat to cat.

Was this creature... real?

QUEST #2

shoreline is terrified of crabs!
    QUEST #3

Arnicastar, born Jingo, dubbed the warrior name Arnicaleaf, was born to their mother Daisy and their father Ruddy. Ruddy was a cinnamon mackerel tabby with high white, and Daisy was a cream mackerel tabby with low white. They were born alongside their brother Cricket, a fawn mackerel tabby with high white, and their sister Rosemary, a cinnmon mackerel tabby with high white. They had two other siblings, one who was stillborn, and the other who passed not long after birth.

Arnicastar no longer has contact with Cricket, so they have no clue if he ever had any kits. The leader is mated to Minkwish, a seal sepia point with mid white. They have three adopted kits; Bellkit, a small black kit who is cursed by StarClan to stay forever young; Anemonefrost, a blue colourpoint; and Mallowflower, a lilac-cream spotted torbie. They have never bore any kits of their own, but their three adopted children are very important to them.
Last edited by nio on Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiver Hohojiro » Thu May 13, 2021 6:14 pm

Username: All Along Watchtower
Clan link: Clan of the Sea Breeze
Prompt:
QUEST #1

There are many stories to have in a clan whose island is haunted by ghosts, who have tunnels into a mountain with strange symbols that glow. Most accepted is one told by Heatherstar, that their island is blessed by gulls, share a special connection with them. The myth began very early into the clan's existence; from day one, hunting the gulls has been a taboo.

Heatherstar, of course, just likes seagulls - but one of the ghost cats who haunts the island, who brought Heatherstar to the island and informed him of clan life, is named Gull's Wing....

QUEST #3

Heatherstar's parents were two semi-feral community cats - his dad was a chocolate and white shorthair cat named Trout, while his mom was lilac and white longhair molly named Cloud. The two were a mated and bonded pair, but Cloud's first litter was also her last - she got taken in partway through for a TNR program and had three kits - Heatherstar and two siblings. Heatherstar and his sister, Lilac, both took after mom; his brother, Cherry, took after dad. The three kittens were nearly inseparable, but eventually Lilac and Cherry were adopted out to one family and Heatherstar to another. It was only the beginnings of his misery in living with twolegs.

Currently, Heatherstar does not have any kits of his own, but he hopes to find a partner some day.

Also of note: Trout is the only surviving kit of their litter, but they have an older brother, Tuna. Cloud was also born in a litter of three kits, one chocolate and two lilac; her chocolate sibling was a long-haired she-cat, though.
Image____________

__________Image
Princey/Arthur | He/Him | Art Shop

You are yourself. There's no one else you could be.

Sauceclan
| |
Shiver Hohojiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunny-skies » Sat May 15, 2021 7:59 am

oh MARK
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Sat May 15, 2021 11:37 am

username: allynabean
    clan link: moonclan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quest #1 - Tell me about a myth your clan has, you can draw or write about this prompt.
“Mooooongaze, tell us the story again! About the first moontouched!!”
Moongaze chuckled, turning their head slowly toward the apprentices and kits sitting patiently in a pile by the cavepool. “Again? I’ve told all of you that one at least twice,” They grumble, but can’t keep the soft smile off her face. She never gets tired of having people to tell her stories to.

There were many reasons the cats of Moonclan look to Moongaze (also known as the Lorekeeper, The Seer, the Moon Watcher, Gaze of Silver Moon, That Old Blind Bat, or occasionally Frenchfry) to tell them stories. The blind bengal is the oldest of them, and seemingly the wisest- easier to handle than Salem at least, and far less likely to scare the kits. Moongaze knows the stories, the ancient ones told from generation to generation, the ones told by mothers and by healers, the stories told by excited apprentices and grouchy elders. They know them all, and for so long, had no one to tell them to- it was a privilege for her to be able to share them with her clan, now.

“Alright, alright, gather round. Let’s see… the story begins long, long ago, before the land was divided up into different clans, before the humans built there own, there lived a race of great cats who ruled the land. These cats were divided up into six different kingdoms, each domain different and individual.

“These six kingdoms didn’t always get along, and they would fight amongst each other often, over borders and food and differences in ways of life. They all followed the Moon, though, and listened to her word and will above all else- Starclan may be the home of your ancestors, but the Moon herself is what created us.

“When a powerful and ancient evil arose, beings of oil and nightmares, that threatened to take the land for themselves and destroy all that was beautiful, the cats of the kingdoms tried to fight back, but were defeated again and again, separate and alone against this great enemy.

“These Shadows, sent by the ancient forces who rule the Starless Sea, were too much for the six kingdoms to handle on their own. These cats were losing the war, and when the Moon looked down upon her children to find them suffering, she intervened.

“The leaders of the six kingdoms were called to meet on the full moon of the longest night, at the highest point of Star’s Peak. Despite their differences and past grudges, the six made their journey up the mountains to meet the Lady Moon.

“She was waiting for them at the Peak, and smiled down upon the leaders of her children. She explained to them with her soft tones and silky voice that going as they were, divided amongst themselves, they would not survive the fight against the Shadows. She would grant each of them a gift, a little bit of moonlight to brighten their path and lighten their pawsteps, to help them band together and put aside their differences.

“To Wind, the leader of the cats of the Valleys, she granted the power of air itself- may the wind quicken their footsteps, and the clouds cover their tracks.

“To Flame, the leader of the cats of the Desert, she granted the power of fire itself- may the embers warm their fur, and the flames frighten their enemies.

“To River, the leader of the cats of the Ocean, she granted the power of water itself- may the waters drown their worries, and the rivers lead them home.

“To Stone, the leader of the cats of the Mountains, she granted the power of earth itself- may the stones bend to their will, and the earth keep them safe.

“To Leaf, the leader of the cats of the Forests, she granted the power of life itself- may their paws replenish the forests, and the wounded always be healed.

“And to Sun, the leader of the cats Inbetween, she granted the power of the stars themselves- may their path always be clear, and only the limits of their own mind deter them.

“The leaders of the six kingdoms- the first Moontouched, brought these Gifts back to their kingdoms, and returned to the battle against the Shadows with renewed force and power, working together with the elements at their paws instead of holding each other back.

“The Shadows stood no chance- they were beat back and banished to whence they came, and the six kingdoms united under One- with the combined forces of the Moontouched, the moonlight flowing through their veins that let them bend the world to their will, the cats of the land kept it safe, peaceful and prosperous, for countless moons.

“Of course, the cats eventually spread out further into the world, or forgot their powers altogether as the seasons changed and the gifts given to them by the Lady Moon were thought to be little more than legend.

“But we, kits, we are the ancestors of those same Moontouched who once ruled the land with the power you each have in you. Moonclan brought us back together, called us from all corners of the Land, and the Moon reminded us of the gifts she gave to help us in our journeys.

“Do not forget, kits, where the abilities you have came from. We should make the ancient Kingdom, the moon’s first children, proud.”

[901 words]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quest #2 - Do any of your cats have any fears/phobias? You may only draw your response to this prompt.

dustpetal and her kits, thornpaw and viperpaw, are terrified of birds of prey and shadows overhead.

i,, wanted to do more but i ran out of time rip

quest #3 - What does your founder's family tree look like? You may only write your response to this prompt.
Nightstar was born as Nightkit, sister and littermate to Brightkit, children of Hollystar, the leader of Sunclan, and Stormsight, senior warrior of the clan. Hollystar’s father was the previous Sunclan leader, Skystar, and her mother was an elder who still lived in the elder’s den, Daisyfang. Sunclan was a clan far to the East, in the grasslands on the edge of a thick forest. They lived near but not next to a few other groups of cats, but kept to themselves mostly.

Hollystar was a black smoke tortoiseshell, a gorgeous, long and thick-furred molly with warm green eyes. She was powerful, demanded respect but gave it in return, and was already on her 5th life from a recent history of dealing with a pack of wolves ravaging the clan. Her father, Stormsight, was a medium-long furred black silver ticked tabby with white paws and nose, long fangs, and serious blue eyes. He was regal, her right-hand man in everything but rank, and the two were very close mates.

Nightstar’s brother, Brightkit, was a red silver mackerel tabby, with the slightly short fur but strong build of her father. His eyes were yellow, bright and proud. The two were close as kits, but when they were 5 moons old, Nightkit set the nursery on fire in her sleep and almost killed her brother and the queens. Thankfully, they were the only kits at the time, and she wasn’t blamed as no one knew what could possibly have caused it- Brightkit knew it was her, though, and didn’t trust her from then on.

Brightkit and Nightkit became apprentices, given the names Brightpaw and Nightpaw, when they were 6 moons old. They trained to become warriors on barely-speaking terms, her brother angry and scared of her, and Nightpaw desperately trying to both hide and further understand the powers she discovered. Her brother found her sneaking out one night late into their training, and caught her trying to practice her firestarter magic- she was brought before the leader, deputy, and medicine cat, to explain herself. It was only by the medicine cat declaring it must be a gift- or curse, he wasn’t too clear- from Starclan, that she was forgiven for keeping it secret. She was told to control the strange powers, to keep them from hurting anyone, but even Nightfang could see the sudden fear in her mother’s eyes after demonstrating her growing power over warmth and flame for them.

When the two became warriors, it was at the same time- Brightpaw was given the warrior name Brightsun, and was a model warrior and son. Nightpaw was named Nightfang, and it was a relief to be allowed the rank at all. Brightsun rose to the top of the warrior ranks quickly, and Nightfang did her best to not scare her clanmates with her abilities (for the clan was informed, after she was discovered- many still would not meet her eyes, or gave her a wide berth). It was only helped by the presence of her best friend, Berrysnap, who seemed to have some sort of control over water, and could stay at the bottom of the pond for hours- not that she or Nightfang planned on telling anyone about that.

Moons and Moons later, after Brightsun had been appointed deputy, Nightfang got a niece and two nephews- her brother had become mates with a pretty young blue-cream spotted tortoiseshell tabby, named Dapplestream, and they had kits. Breezekit, a black broken classic tabby with white paws, Harekit, a cream broken mackerel tabby, and a little runty blue colorpoint with oddly short legs called Littlekit. Brightsun and Nightfang were still on uneasy terms (he didn’t like her, didn't trust her, and made that apparent), and the deputy didn’t want his sister near his kits. She obeyed, unhappily, and stayed away from the kits. Dapplestream didn’t like her either, and would watch her warily from the mouth of the nursery when she passed by.

When everything went wrong, and Littlekit flooded the nursery in his sleep, and the wolves attacked the camp again, and Brightsun was burned alive, and Berrysnap arrived too late to help, and Stormsight looked at his daughter with only fear and anger, and Nightfang stole her nephew from his mothers side (who hadnt looked at him since he showed signs of his powers), and Nightfang and Berrysnap and Littlekit followed her mothers, Hollystar’s, orders to leave Sunclan and never be seen again anywhere near their territory, Nightfang knew it would be the last time she saw her family.

She doesn’t know how Dapplestream is doing, or how Breezekit and Harekit are (are they apprentices yet?). She doesn’t know how Stormsight is doing, what he thinks of her now, if he even thinks of her at all. She doesn’t know how Hollystar is, how many lives she has left (she had 4 left when Nightstar was exiled, has she lost more since then?). She doesn’t know how Sunclan is, and she tries not to think about them. She has Littlekit, and Berrysnap, and her new clan nestled in the comforting caves in the mountains to worry about now.

When asked, Nightstar says she has no interest in kits of her own at the moment. She is Littlekit’s only family here, and thinks of him as her own son (although she would never admit such). Berrysnap, as well, is family to her- although, in secret, in the dark of the leaders den late at night when the clan is asleep, if Nightstar dreams of being more than friends with her deputy, well, that’s nobody’s business.

[931 words]
Last edited by allynabean on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
╔══════════════════╗
ally || she/they || adult
╚══════════════════╝
╔══════════════════╗
stars || fcats || moonclan
╚══════════════════╝
art by nio

Image Image Image
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist