Standards for CS pets please

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Standards for CS pets please

Postby Shian » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:43 am

The new guys don't fit in CS signatures. CS signatures are where we are supposed to display our prized pets, right?

Can we please have some standards about how tall and wide an official CS pet can be? Is there any way to fix this? It's really bothersome to me.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Standards for CS pets please

Postby *JACKAL* » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:50 am

I like the bigger pets every now and again. It's nothing major for me, especially when we don't often get bigger pets. We can always resize them. As painful as that may be.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:00 am

Because CS pets are a font of quality and actually can be resized. I think it took me 30 mins to do the dog in my sig. Even longer for the CS world records header dog and it still looks.... bad.
So this is what we're stuck with? Lovely.
ImageImage
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schofield » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:29 am

Personally, the large dragons aren't my cup of tea either, (that's not to say Lillian didn't do a fantastic job. She always does! The shading and colors are stunning.) But...these types of "huge pet" releases aren't a recurring thing? This is really the first pet release that's ever been too big to put in your signature.

If you don't like it, I'd say just find a different pet you really like and add it to your signature instead of the dragon. Not everyone shares the same tastes as you and some really like the large size of the dragon. I don't think there should be "standards" because every artist is different and works with different mediums. In addition, every user's tastes are different. Not every pet is going to work for you so you just have to find the ones that you like best, I guess. :)
Schofield

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:39 am

Well that's a shame because it IS one I like best. At least, I'd like to have it as a favorite but I guess I can't anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ImageImage
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schofield » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:42 am

Well, that's unfortunate but CS staff can't please everyone. :c
Schofield

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:22 am

LOL SHIAN YOU'RE CRACKING ME UP

Adoptable pets in general should be signature-sized. This pet is pretty but I don't see this pet being small enough for most signature limits on most sites xD

Can we have a site-supported downsized version of pet images?

-------------------------

The weird thing about CS pet images is that they appear to be transparent JPGs. I'm pretty sure the JPG format actually doesn't support transparency. I think CS pet images are pseudo-JPGs. Looking for a post from Nick or Tess about it because I swear I saw them post something about that... like they're PNGs hiding behind the JPG file extension or something? not sure

For now:
Try saving them as PNGs (change the dropdown option when you save and/or put .png at the end of the file name (and remove .jpg if it's there), depending on your computer and OS) so you can get the transparent background. For resizing we're stuck with however resizing works with the art programs that we have access to.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:33 am

nickjr wrote:
Can we have a site-supported downsized version of pet images?

Yes please. CS pets are rather low res to save the server. They look fine on their own but if you try to shrink it yourself, quality goes downhill quick. I'll try the png trick in the meantime.
ImageImage
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:22 am

People have been looking forward to big pets for awhile now. Me especially since I wanted to see a "Paul Bunyan" sized litter some time back. Its not like these are regular adopts anyways. And big pets aren't everyday either.

The resize thing I can see. Its sort of like stamps after all. Just takes a moment to resize and add some sort of tag or border that denotes a sig format. And if you think those are big, if I ever get to draw pets here, I will do everything possible to make a pet 1800px by 2200px. Of course said pet would have 6 legs, 8 wings, 10 heads, 20 tails and incorporate a little piece of every pet on CS. It would be EPIC!!!
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:44 am

Support. They're lovely but they just keep getting bigger. I was looking at a thread earlier with people saying the nick horses were too large back in the day lolol.
    It's also getting more frustrating trying to trade on mobile with people with these pets. Don't think a resize option should cause any harm to those who like the oversized versions.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]