Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {21 Support}

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support this idea?

Yes.
50%
Yes, but I would like to see other things happen first.
21%
No.
29%

Total votes : 72

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {13 Support

Postby lucẏ » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:33 am

I support this idea.

I don't think people would send "what do you want for this pet" trades because the person that gets the trade could easily accept the trade without editing and get a bunch of pets for free or something. Plus if someone has turned trade suggestions off then it's pretty clear they do not want to edit, so people who don't bother to read trade rules will get the message without being yelled at by the person that wrote the rules they couldn't be bothered to read, you know...

Just my thoughts...
Been off CS for a longgg while, trade me if you feel like it x
lucẏ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {13 Support

Postby Lady Sif » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:29 pm

Adding your support now.
ImageImageImage

Always open to art trades
Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {15 Support

Postby tokariya » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:34 pm

i support the idea!

i received a "what do you want for this" trade suggestion today, its so annoying! i'd love for that to be an option!
♦ ♕ ♦
not using this site as much anymore but i'll still be online for questions, art, and for my ocs on here

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2108921
tokariya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {15 Support

Postby Lady Sif » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Adding your support.
ImageImageImage

Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {16 Support

Postby dodobird959 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:56 pm

Though this is a great idea, I don't support it ^^ Before you read on, please know this is my opinion. Please don't freak out at me.

You can cancel a suggestion just like you can a trade. I don't see how cancelling a suggestion is so much harder than cancelling an unwanted trade. Besides, I see many people with "no one-sided trades" or "no suggestions" in their rules, and of course it's annoying when someone breaks your rules but again, you can cancel and if you like, block.
A fair amount of suggestions are due to one-sided trades, such as "what do you want for this?", in which case you can, like I said before, cancel, or put in your rules, or simply explain you aren't interested.

If this idea were to come into action, it would stop the "what would you give me for this" since they would only be able to trade, and then you could easily accept as a gift :lol:

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is overall I don't think it will be very useful.

Again, nothing personal, and please don't get mad at me. It's my opinion.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

download/file.php?avatar=56647_1354918115.png
*://cute-pics.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/cane_corso_puppies_for_sale_in_nc-500x438.jpg
*://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/i/2011/148/4/2/photo_session_with_liger_4_by_jagu77-d3heics.jpg
*://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvoq9huhxN1qf468co1_400.jpg
*://www.pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/smosh.gif
*://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/929201322342.jpg
*://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/dragonite.gif[im]http://24.media.tumblr.com/ed3264cf00286d0d6abfc2a2ab91707e/tumblr_mfd9wtt94I1qd1kvjo1_250.gif[/im] [im]http://25.media.tumblr.com/e1f33f179aaddcacec5942d40c068df7/tumblr_mfd9wtt94I1qd1kvjo2_250.gif[/im]
*://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/21520130822138.gif
*://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/11202012065986.gif
*://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/pikachu.gif
[im]http://data.whicdn.com/images/57884594/tumblr_m85l9fROrY1rx4llyo1_500_large.gif[/im]
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... SiBrCNMNUE
search'atakotecuthusky'&husky
attackofthecute@
pleated-jeans&
com!
http*

http://static.howrse.com.s3.amazonaws.c ... 652183.gif
dodobird959

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:32 pm

dodobird959 wrote:Though this is a great idea, I don't support it ^^ Before you read on, please know this is my opinion. Please don't freak out at me.

You can cancel a suggestion just like you can a trade. I don't see how cancelling a suggestion is so much harder than cancelling an unwanted trade. Besides, I see many people with "no one-sided trades" or "no suggestions" in their rules, and of course it's annoying when someone breaks your rules but again, you can cancel and if you like, block.
A fair amount of suggestions are due to one-sided trades, such as "what do you want for this?", in which case you can, like I said before, cancel, or put in your rules, or simply explain you aren't interested.

If this idea were to come into action, it would stop the "what would you give me for this" since they would only be able to trade, and then you could easily accept as a gift :lol:

First, I will never get angry at you for stating your opinion. You were very polite about this and I do appreciate that.

That being said there is a major point I have to make here on all arguments not just yours.

1) It could reduces the amounts of trades that people get
2) You can just cancel trades

Now I would like to point out that these same two arguments apply to locking pets. If you lock pets it will reduce the amount of trades you get and you could simply cancel trades for them if you didn't lock them. So why have the ability to lock pets/items/C$? Because these trades get annoying, because it is a waste of time to go through and cancel trades that breaks rules and frankly it is just annoying.

Also on the first point, this would be an optional, if people want less trades that is their choice.
ImageImageImage

Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dodobird959 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:47 pm

Lady Sif wrote:
dodobird959 wrote:Though this is a great idea, I don't support it ^^ Before you read on, please know this is my opinion. Please don't freak out at me.

First, I will never get angry at you for stating your opinion. You were very polite about this and I do appreciate that.

That being said there is a major point I have to make here on all arguments not just yours.

1) It could reduces the amounts of trades that people get
2) You can just cancel trades

Now I would like to point out that these same two arguments apply to locking pets. If you lock pets it will reduce the amount of trades you get and you could simply cancel trades for them if you didn't lock them. So why have the ability to lock pets/items/C$? Because these trades get annoying, because it is a waste of time to go through and cancel trades that breaks rules and frankly it is just annoying.

Also on the first point, this would be an optional, if people want less trades that is their choice.

Thank you for respecting that c: Last time I didn't support people got pretty mad xP

Very good point. Indeed those trades are annoying, and sometimes it even drives people to state (in their trade rules) they aren't trading at all, which is perfectly fine but sort of upsetting if the only reason that they aren't is because annoying trades.

Even though I think that the ability to turn off suggestions would reduce the amount of one-sided trades, it won't fully get rid of them. A person can still send a trade with one pet on your side and say "what do you want for this?" I guess it's one of those things like when someone treads across, say, sand. They would leave footprints there and even if you tried to cover it up, the sand wouldn't be perfect anymore. I know it's a weird way to say it, but what I mean is we can't fully fix it, at least I don't think so...? And even if you blocked off that part of 'sand' with tape (rules) saying "NO TRESPASSING" (just like "so suggestions/one-sided" in someone's rules) there's probably going to be one or two who just rip through and mess up that 'sand'.
Hope that made sense xD Yes, it's a crazy way to say it, I know :roll:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

download/file.php?avatar=56647_1354918115.png
*://cute-pics.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/cane_corso_puppies_for_sale_in_nc-500x438.jpg
*://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/i/2011/148/4/2/photo_session_with_liger_4_by_jagu77-d3heics.jpg
*://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvoq9huhxN1qf468co1_400.jpg
*://www.pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/smosh.gif
*://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/929201322342.jpg
*://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/dragonite.gif[im]http://24.media.tumblr.com/ed3264cf00286d0d6abfc2a2ab91707e/tumblr_mfd9wtt94I1qd1kvjo1_250.gif[/im] [im]http://25.media.tumblr.com/e1f33f179aaddcacec5942d40c068df7/tumblr_mfd9wtt94I1qd1kvjo2_250.gif[/im]
*://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/21520130822138.gif
*://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/11202012065986.gif
*://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/pikachu.gif
[im]http://data.whicdn.com/images/57884594/tumblr_m85l9fROrY1rx4llyo1_500_large.gif[/im]
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... SiBrCNMNUE
search'atakotecuthusky'&husky
attackofthecute@
pleated-jeans&
com!
http*

http://static.howrse.com.s3.amazonaws.c ... 652183.gif
dodobird959

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Great ME! » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:46 pm

I'm not accusing anyone on this thread of being one of "those" kinds of people, but I could see too many users taking or trying to take advantage of an option like that.

So many users already take advantage of one-sided or unfair trades that were meant to be sent as suggestions as it is, and a lot of users who are looking to trade legitimately and fairly would probably feel so uncomfortable as to be turned off from trading with many others at all.
I wouldn't be surprised if the number of reports for scams and trade theft increased after implementing such a system, especially against the younger users of CS who might not be as quick to catch on to a scam until it's too late and their pets are already gone.

And then there's the matter of edits that aren't finalized/decided as-is, which I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with considering most of my trades take a good 3-7 edits before either side is fully happy with accepting.

I can see what your reasoning and intentions are behind the suggestion, and I'm not saying they're "wrong", but I don't support the idea.

*Freelance*
*Animator*

Year of the Rooster
Neat, organized, alert, perfectionist, scientific, responsible.
Can be critical, egotistical, rough, opinionated.

When it rains it pours
When the floodgates open
Brace your shores

That pressure don't care when it breaks your doors
Say
"it's all you can take"
Better take some more

Cuz I know what it's like to test faith
Had my shoulders pressed with that weight
Stood up strong in spite of that hate

Night gets darkest right before dawn
What don't kill you makes you more strong
And I been waiting for it so long
~”Light That Never Comes”, Linkin Park
The Great ME!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxPiNkIxX » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:26 am

Support! :3

...ღღღ Otaku Forever ღღღ .......

..............❄If liking❄...............
..............❄ANIME❄.......................
..............❄is wrong,❄................
..............❄I don't want to be❄......
..............right.......................

XxPiNkIxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {17 Support

Postby Lady Sif » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:07 am

Up~
ImageImageImage