Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll added)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you think there should be another rarity between VR & OMGSR?

Yes
63%
No
27%
Don't know but I wanted to vote
10%

Total votes : 871

Re: Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll add

Postby Asvoria » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:08 am

Please remember that in case a rarity in between omgsr and very rare was added, the pets that ended up being on the outermost end (legendary or whatever name you want to give them) would probably become EVEN harder to trade for. It might reduce the amount of OMGSR pets and shift some closer towards very rare (label wise) but at the same time, some very rare pets will go up to the new rarity and become harder to obtain as well.
Sometimes it's easier not to know exactly where a pet lays, as it offers more freedom, but I do totally understand the need for a rarity in between. I'm just not sure if it will solve any problems.
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxFlamepoolxX » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:30 am

Asvoria wrote:Please remember that in case a rarity in between omgsr and very rare was added, the pets that ended up being on the outermost end (legendary or whatever name you want to give them) would probably become EVEN harder to trade for. It might reduce the amount of OMGSR pets and shift some closer towards very rare (label wise) but at the same time, some very rare pets will go up to the new rarity and become harder to obtain as well.
Sometimes it's easier not to know exactly where a pet lays, as it offers more freedom, but I do totally understand the need for a rarity in between. I'm just not sure if it will solve any problems.

This. Now that we have omgsc and vc, many pets are deemed worthless. Its very very hard for new players to trade until they manage to get a few higher rarity pets from events or the pound ect.. It would just make it even more impossible for newer players to get a valuable pet if another rarity was added
Image Image

GRAB BAGS & RARES FOR C$

Selling TH characters HERE
XxFlamepoolxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amarok. » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:40 am

XxFlamepoolxX wrote:
Asvoria wrote:Please remember that in case a rarity in between omgsr and very rare was added, the pets that ended up being on the outermost end (legendary or whatever name you want to give them) would probably become EVEN harder to trade for. It might reduce the amount of OMGSR pets and shift some closer towards very rare (label wise) but at the same time, some very rare pets will go up to the new rarity and become harder to obtain as well.

This. Now that we have omgsc and vc, many pets are deemed worthless. Its very very hard for new players to trade until they manage to get a few higher rarity pets from events or the pound ect.. It would just make it even more impossible for newer players to get a valuable pet if another rarity was added

You say that as if it's not almost impossible to get these pets anyway. By resorting and reiterating what pets are worth what, it could hypothetically drop ridiculous demand values and raise values of pets otherwise undervalued, which would boost the site economy in general and hypothetically make it easier for everybody to get the pets that they want.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────
back after a long/involuntary hiatus! bear with me while i get my bearings again.
my pronouns are she/they.

i left a lot of stuff here unfinished and can't remember most of what i was up to.
please feel free to shoot me a dm over on discord at amar#8393. my inbox here
is still swamped and i'm a little too intimidated to go wading through it

─────────────────────────────────────────────────

amarok.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:30 am

amarok. wrote:
XxFlamepoolxX wrote:

You say that as if it's not almost impossible to get these pets anyway. By resorting and reiterating what pets are worth what, it could hypothetically drop ridiculous demand values and raise values of pets otherwise undervalued, which would boost the site economy in general and hypothetically make it easier for everybody to get the pets that they want.

I would definitely support another rarity in between, I'd just keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't make everything worse, than it is. And I really hope that you are right, amarok. and that I'm just too anxious to see even higher demand.

By the way, wouldn't adding another rarity mean that you'd have to slot in another one at the other end of the spectrum?
It's sort of mirrored on the uncommon rarity? omgsc - vc - c - u - r - vr - [new] - omgsr
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blueberry » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:52 am

Pretty sure I already said support, but a second time couldn’t hurt ^^
Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:14 am

The original thread was posted in 2016.
A lot has happened.
There were 7,283 pets on CS at the end of 2016 and there's still 7 rarity tags.
There were maybe 10 OMGSRs when this was posted.
The rares list no longer exists.
There's been at least two "big" rarity updates.

I know we've asked for new rarities over and over and over in a half dozen different ways and the answer has thus far been the same, that they weren't adding new rarities.

With an average of 950 pets added every single year, at what point do rarities cease to have meaning if they haven't already?
There's over a thousand pets per rarity tag. Will two thousand be enough? 5? 12? At what point are there so many "rares" or "very rares" in the game where we're back where we started. Back when rarity tags just didn't exist at all.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:38 am

Shian coming in with the numbers I never even thought of.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:58 am

I agree Shian, with the number of pets now in each rarity tag the rarity tags are in danger of becoming pointless

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kabuski » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:43 pm

I personally like this idea, if we take the big rarity change from 2019 that was HUGE as lots of us know. The pink sorbet had an omgsr tag for that short time but now is back to VR. It's just barely edging being an omgsr, and I think these new rarities would help especially with pets that are harder to find (say like bumblebee tarantula) having a better place with rarity but aren't exactly omgsr.

Another thing, there's so many common VR's, but some pets aren't very common as those vr's, but still share the same rarity tag. Imagine you're a new user manages to get a pink balloon dog, and somebody offers you 2 08' rares for it, i'd imagine they'd accept!
That vr tag is very misleading, and especially with list gone, it just makes these pets seem like they became rare for no reason.

Personally I believe the VR tag makes rarer pets look like they're as common as any other VR pet.

Edit: i've also noticed mentions of it helping pets deserving of higher value (that are severely undervalued) get their spotlight. And I 100% agree with this. There are simply pets that are rarer than others, but unless they have that omgsr tag, it looks no different than something with high demand + higher # of pets in the game except the fact that it has lack of demand,

Overall, the players who trade will be benefitting no matter what. It may make certain pets harder to get, but that's the same in any game, I don't really see this being a downside.

m
mi
mii
miii
miiii
miiiii
miiiiii
miiiiiii
miiiiiiii
miiiiiiiii
miiiiiiii
miiiiiii
miiiiii
miiiii
miiii
miii
mii
mi
m

Kabuski

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rileypillow » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:46 am

I’m in the middle with this. Adding one in between would mess up the rarity scale, so I don’t really know :? . Maybe there could be an info thing that pops up when hovering over the rarity bar telling you what rarity it’s closer to (e.g. 1 for closer to a lower rarity, 2 for closer to a higher rarity)?
Kabuski wrote:i've also noticed mentions of it helping pets deserving of higher value (that are severely undervalued) get their spotlight. And I 100% agree with this. There are simply pets that are rarer than others, but unless they have that omgsr tag, it looks no different than something with high demand + higher # of pets in the game except the fact that it has lack of demand,

I support this! A huge amount of players want to get an OMGSR but as the rarity tag says, they are sooo hard to get, but it might upset older players who’ve worked super hard to get one, because then newer players would start to get them and their value and demand would go down.
rileypillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me