Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll added)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you think there should be another rarity between VR & OMGSR?

Yes
63%
No
27%
Don't know but I wanted to vote
10%

Total votes : 871

Re: Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll add

Postby amarok. » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:55 am

i missed this the first time in the index list and nearly made a post of my own
honestly, this irks me so much
if the cs staff do anything in the next update, i feel as though this honestly needs to be added.

Sugar Silkie~ wrote:I don’t have a super strong opinion on this, but I do support.
Also I have an idea for a name for the new tier. What if the middle tier was called “OMG so rare” and the current OMG was renamed to “Legendary” or something. Although that just might be more confusing

that's the best name suggestion i've heard so far. support to this too lol.

Heartrend wrote:
I do think there should be more tweaks to rarities. The new system helps for sure, but it still doesn't stop the VR problem.

If you don't think there is one, let me explain. Take these two pets I have as an example:

ImageImage

The first is the Black Advent, from Christmas 2008.
The second is a store pet from early 2019.

They are both VR, but nobody would agree they have the same level of rarity in what you can actually find out there. I can find plenty of players with these recent store pets; some richer players have even stocked up on them for later trading. But I don't really see BAs around - and I don't mean in a trading sense, I mean in general.

This is why, as much as I hate the Rares List, I do get and agree with what it was aiming for. Not the demand part or what's in circulation or any of that, but understanding what is rarer and what is more common in a literal sense. Because there are too few labels right now that some pets are forced into one or the other, when in reality they don't belong there at all. (Take OMGSR rats for example, would any of you say they are as rare as the UR Tiger? I don't believe that to be so.)

The BA shouldn't be VR, it's too rare to be that. But it certainly can't be considered OMGSR - it isnt rare enough to be that. So I do think it would be good for there to be a rarity label in between the two. Perhaps it could be a maroon color, a mix of red and purple.

I don't think there should be multiple new rarities added though. If there's too many it could easily muddle things up. OMGSC to uncommon shouldn't be fiddled with in my opinion, but the higher levels need adjusting still. As for a label after OMGSR, I'm back and forth on that one, as it may make those pets to be ultimately elite and cause people to look at OMGSR with less importance. And there would be, what, three pets in that group? UR Tiger and the Skelebun and that's pretty much it lol.

Just my two cents on the issue.

------------------
TLDR; I support.

that's interesting haha. i'm lead to believe there's little difference in the rarity of a BA and a pink heart dog, for example - in fact, i think i've seen more BAs than pink hearts around tbh. the difference lies in that BAs still have crazy demand and are also much more likely to either end up in a hoard or any other permanent collection so there's far fewer circulating in the market.

i'd disagree with the fact that people may value OMGSRs less, more because the divide would be need to be drawn between, say, the newest store pets and a few of the pets that were originally on the ex list.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────
back after a long/involuntary hiatus! bear with me while i get my bearings again.
my pronouns are she/they.

i left a lot of stuff here unfinished and can't remember most of what i was up to.
please feel free to shoot me a dm over on discord at amar#8393. my inbox here
is still swamped and i'm a little too intimidated to go wading through it

amarok.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TyrannosaurusWreck » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:46 pm

that would be awesome! maybe it could be called extremely rare with a magenta color? i feel like a rarity between omg so common and very common would have to be added, too, though, to balance it out
╔═══════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════╝

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxhi, im red. im an idiot
xxxxwhos just trying their best.
xxxi like video games, drawing,
xxxxxxxand gifting people.
xxxinsects deserve more love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxImageImage
xxxxxxxxxx
x i want to be a paleontologist
x when i grow up! my dreamies
xxx are: UR flower, UR bee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TyrannosaurusWreck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Anura. » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:59 am

I would love to see a "legendary" rarity. The colors could be a super deep purple or black! ^^ then we scoot the more rare VRs into the omgsr category, and the rarer omgsrs into the legendary category! That way no balance is disrupted between the rarities :)
.Anura.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:43 am

Bumping this as I still think this would help trading a lot

lil rascal wrote: With this new rarity update pushing so many more pets into the rare/VR/OMGSR categories I could honestly see an argument for adding three more rarity groups. One between rare and VR, one between VR and OMGSR, and one higher than OMGSR so that we don't have so many pets grouped in these three rarity categories

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:49 am

I voted no, because there is still the problem of demand. Adding another tier will not help with trading because all it does is make users value their pets more, like valuing their very rare that turned into the tier inbetween like 5x more than a very rare. Also, pets like the red cerb and stuff are still rarer than some of the OMGSRs, like nons, but are still very rare, so to actually make trading easier, we'd have to move tiers, which is very hard, because if a single market change happens, we'd have to move tons of things down and up.

.Slowpoke. wrote:I would love to see a "legendary" rarity. The colors could be a super deep purple or black! ^^ then we scoot the more rare VRs into the omgsr category, and the rarer omgsrs into the legendary category! That way no balance is disrupted between the rarities :)

I can see many flaws to ^^. Lots of the rarer "VRs" are still not worth as much as the less rare vrs, unless you're talking about the 2010 store pets and such that are still VR. Most are worth quite a bit less, so moving the rarer "VRs" up will either cause a huge demand increase for those pets, which already have quite a big demand, or will cause a huge demand decrease for those less rare OMGSRs, like nons or UR Fruits. Also, demand is mainly subjective, so it'd be very hard to know which OMGSRs we should move up to the "legendary tier." Should we move the 2009 store pets, which have extremely good demand and are mostly OMGSR up, or should we move the UR Tiger and Sunback, and such up?
Also, which VRs are you specifying to by "rare VRs." Where is the "cutoff" for rare VRs and rarer OMGSRs?

I like the way things are right now as well c:

Postby The Last Raven » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:57 am

Sh4rp wrote:I voted no, because there is still the problem of demand. Adding another tier will not help with trading because all it does is make users value their pets more, like valuing their very rare that turned into the tier inbetween like 5x more than a very rare. Also, pets like the red cerb and stuff are still rarer than some of the OMGSRs, like nons, but are still very rare, so to actually make trading easier, we'd have to move tiers, which is very hard, because if a single market change happens, we'd have to move tons of things down and up.

.Slowpoke. wrote:I would love to see a "legendary" rarity. The colors could be a super deep purple or black! ^^ then we scoot the more rare VRs into the omgsr category, and the rarer omgsrs into the legendary category! That way no balance is disrupted between the rarities :)

I can see many flaws to ^^. Lots of the rarer "VRs" are still not worth as much as the less rare vrs, unless you're talking about the 2010 store pets and such that are still VR. Most are worth quite a bit less, so moving the rarer "VRs" up will either cause a huge demand increase for those pets, which already have quite a big demand, or will cause a huge demand decrease for those less rare OMGSRs, like nons or UR Fruits. Also, demand is mainly subjective, so it'd be very hard to know which OMGSRs we should move up to the "legendary tier." Should we move the 2009 store pets, which have extremely good demand and are mostly OMGSR up, or should we move the UR Tiger and Sunback, and such up?

I like the way things are right now as well c:

I think you are confusing demand and rarity. We would not be the ones deciding which moves up. That would be purely numbers based and not demand based. Most new OMGSRs are in fact new for a reason. They would not move up to a rarer tier because they are not rare enough for that. Also a red cerb is not more rare than an OMGSR, it is harder to trade for due to demand and many getting locked away in collections, but that does not mean that by numbers it is more rare. Also many VRs are right on the cusp of OMGSR and are already valued higher than other VRs so a rarity between VR and OMGSR would actually help us see the difference since the VR rarity is so vast of a scale.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:59 am

@Sh4rp
I’m sorry I can’t understand what you’re meaning. Rarity has nothing to do with user made demand. Just because something has demand doesn’t affect its rarity?
The cerbs are not more rare than OMGSRs because they are in fact, very rare. They cannot be more rare than an OMGSR until they become OMGSR. Rarity is based off hard numbers that Nick has.

Demand is subjective and that’s why it has no effect on rarity. Things that would go into a different rarity, ie ‘legendary’ aren’t moved up by demand. We as users don’t make the decision on what moves in rarity. It wouldn’t be hard at all to know what pets move up because Nick would add in another rarity between numbers. Example: (made up numbers) very rares are 100-200 on active accounts and OMGSRs are 200-400. Another rarity comes in and is then placed as 200-300. It’s just a shift in numbers.

You’re talking as if we mean a list. Rarity based off numbers Nick adjusts isn’t demand. We can’t move the o9 store pets up at all and they won’t move into another rarity until they are actually rare enough.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WarriorcatKitty » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:08 pm

Yes! This is a really good idea! It just feels strange that it goes straight from very rare to omgsr. I really think there needs to be something in between.
my memory is the worst, so if you believe i have forgotten art, payment, or anything, please send me a message and remind me!!

Call me Autumn or Wolf !! <3
✨t1 diabetic||ey/em/she/her/they/them||coyote therian✨

please use tone tags with me <3
interests atm: Cartoons/Animation, Drawing, Plushies, Animal Jam, WolfQuest, Warrior Cats.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
everyone go gift Haze & Wyst because they are the best <33
✨🌕✨
"late at night, when the stars don't look quite right..."
Image Image Image

WarriorcatKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amarok. » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:56 am

- friendly bump! c:

back after a long/involuntary hiatus! bear with me while i get my bearings again.
my pronouns are she/they.

i left a lot of stuff here unfinished and can't remember most of what i was up to.
please feel free to shoot me a dm over on discord at amar#8393. my inbox here
is still swamped and i'm a little too intimidated to go wading through it

amarok.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:29 am

Supportttttt
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me