Suggestion: Pound Update

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Suggestion: Pound Update

Postby Yaeli » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:20 pm

⧗наташа⧗ wrote:I have tested this over my time of existing in cs.

When I get into the pound with maximum amount of pets in pound it's ALWAYS a page of very rare, very valuable old pets.

This is years of research.

So are you saying that the percentage of valuable pets you see at the opening out of the 20 pets you see is significantly greater than the percentage of valuable pets out of all the pets being released that particular Pound opening? Because that would prove there is a bias; otherwise it wouldn't.
Yaeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:41 pm

The Pound selection you see is completely random. A random sample is taken from the entire account and placed in the Adoptions group, and these are all the pets you have the chance to come across when you refresh the page. There are always going to be less rare pets than commons because there are less rares in the Pound than commons overall. Older pets are more likely to be rare and pets are displayed by date, so you’re more likely to find rare pets in the first spot when the Pound first opens. Rares are taken first so you likely won’t see any after your first or second refresh.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:16 am

CaptainSpank wrote:I find the Thread Title not very clear and I don't agree with all Arguments mentioned by @OP but I support:
Pound: Pets randomized instead of being sorted by Date Order.

The current System (has always been like that) is:
Wait for when Pound will open, Refresh like crazy at exactly 0 Sec, ... and try to blindly click as quick as possible on the very 1st Pet as it is always the oldest one.

This sums up my thoughts. I have no reason to believe that the pet selection is not randomized, but I would not mind if the display order were randomized.

Hmm, but one reason to not randomize the display order might be that displaying older pets first actually does even the playing field in terms of "how well-versed in Rare identification do I need to be to get a valuable pet from the Pound"...

@⧗наташа⧗ What do you mean "a page"?? Do you mean the majority of the 20 pets you see are valuable pets every single time you get there the second the Pound opens? Because I haven't had that happen. Sometimes there isn't even a page's worth of valuable pets in the entire darn Adoptions group in the first place... I have a good connection and have gotten to the Pound the exact second it opens many times and am often presented with "a page" of commons and uncommons first, and then while I sat and waited for the 20 seconds to be up, I would repeatedly refresh the Adoptions group as it dwindled... and dwindled... and would you look at that, 10 seconds in and that rare pet isn't adopted yet, maybe I'll get it in my next batch--nevermind it's gone
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me