Suggestion: Pings avaliable on CS? 400+ SUPPORT!

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Should member mentions be added into CS?

Yes, I Support! (Post why down below)
94%
No, I Don't Support! (Post why down below)
5%
Other (Post Below)
1%

Total votes : 676

Re: Member Mentions Suggestion @member name

Postby Svel » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:51 pm

I support this for the most part, but in my mind, I picture this only working well with usernames that cannot be changed.
An Irish Blessing wrote:
Always remember to forget
The troubles that passed away.
But never forget to remember
The blessings that come each day.

Unknown wrote:
Kindness is free; pass it on

On semi-hiatus wrote:It's been an awesome few years, CS. You've been a pivotal part of my childhood. I pop by every once in a blue moon to reminisce, and find myself smiling at familiar faces in the boards and the cool collectibles each time.

Avatar by Jenny Downing on Flickr
I love you, Laura, and I miss you dearly.
Svel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythic » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:02 am

You bring up a good point.

I'm hoping when this feature is made it will be a button on the top of each post, much like the quote button, and it will link directly to your profile. So there won't be any mistaking it's you. If you happen to change your username, it will still link to your profile, but it will most likely keep your old username on it.

It will only be used for notifications though, so if you change your username it will still notify you no matter what.
Mythic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rising » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:59 am

I support. In fact after recently spending a lot of time on deviantart I was considering suggesting this myself, but I am glad you got there first since you've clearly thought about it more than I had!
New username to remind me of the wind through the trees and the way I want to be.
Rising

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby capone. » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 am

support yo !!

cap - he/him - adult
i love my fursona, bnha, and my bf more than life
and i think that’s neat
my kals - song of the week

blasty boy 💣 || song credit || icon credit x

capone.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ede » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:30 am

I think this would be a good idea, since I don't bookmark every topic I reply to and it would be good to be notified when someone replies to my post.
Being able to disable the feature will be really good, as some users may overuse it and popular users will probably get overloaded.
Support!
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawnypelt3 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:27 am

You didn't answer my question of how you imagined this to work. Did you not think about that or could you explain it if you did? I know of things like this but I have not used it before extensively, so tell me what happens when someone @'s you. Where does it show up, etc.
I was hacked. Not going to remake all my groups and such unless I feel like it. That's a lotta work. Don't bother with trades, everything's a mess.

Need: Image
Will offer reasonable overpay.
Note to self:
Reduce idiot level.
tawnypelt3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythic » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:34 am

To my knowledge this forum is entirely coded by nick as I have not found any forum that uses quite this system. So nick could implement a button that has something akin to a notifications button. If he can't code it, it wouldn't be any skin off my back, I just want to see if he can try because plenty of people agree something like this could be very beneficial to people communicating around the site.

I imagine it like being the trading system on the site where it says (1 new) when you come to the site. He has coded that, which seems a bit more difficult so I'm sure he can take on a notifications system.

Like how you can turn off other parts of the forum such as trading, PM's and emails this feature can also be turned off.
Mythic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scolipede. » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:58 pm

i like this idea, personally!
i can see how it would be beneficial to a lot of people, mainly the ones who are busy and don't want to go through several threads to see if they were ever mentioned, or if people are into adoptables they can be @'d to see if they won or whatever else it is they do on the site.

i do the the username changing could be problematic, even if it still pinged the person who changed their name. maybe i misunderstood though. i'd love some clearing up.

let's say i had the username 'joe', so i was pinged with @joe, right? then i change my username to 'jack'. does that mean that both @joe and @jack would ping to me? i don't quite understand aaa
or does it mean that i would get everything from @joe before the time of my username change, but after only get @jack things?
"it clasps its prey with the claws on its neck until it stops moving. then it finishes it off with deadly poison."
scolipede.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:53 pm

The base of the forum is phpBB ^^ https://www.phpbb.com that's their home page, and a demo phpBB forum here http://www.try-phpbb.com/31x/

Nick has since added a mountainload of things to the forum, but the base (for the forums and for the user control panel) is phpBB

phpBB forums used to be pretty popular so I'm kinda surprised you've never seen another one like this xD
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me