Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {21 Support}

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support this idea?

Yes.
50%
Yes, but I would like to see other things happen first.
21%
No.
29%

Total votes : 72

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {7 Support}

Postby ghftz. » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:44 pm

Support
ghftz.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:18 pm

No support. Often users send me suggestions when they are unsure of fairness. I send suggestions if i'm unsure if the person would want the pet i'm offering, because people get offended when you send them a trade with something they don't want(not on their wishlist), even if their trade-rules say they don't want suggestions.

Suggestions are suggestions of a trade, a way to let your trade-partner know you are interested in trading but aren't sure if you can work out a trade together. Turning them off would mean that you aren't open for whatever your trade partner is suggesting and i think that might downsize in how many trades you get all together.

I personally report any and all flashing trades and foe people who do it more then once. I also report people who send me a 'bid/offer on this' kind of trades as that's counted as spam - advertisement without wanting it.

I've never had a problem with people breaking my suggestion rule and i do trade quite much. Sometimes people on the TRT and other annoyance threads make things up to rant about so there's no telling if there's really that much trouble with people sending suggestions or if people just make up problems to get attention x.x (not meant to offense anyone but it does happen.)

Edit: Right, just wanted to add that i don't really care if this gets added or not, it's just a no support from my point of view lol
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:04 pm

DaDwarf wrote:No support. Often users send me suggestions when they are unsure of fairness. I send suggestions if i'm unsure if the person would want the pet i'm offering, because people get offended when you send them a trade with something they don't want(not on their wishlist), even if their trade-rules say they don't want suggestions.

Suggestions are suggestions of a trade, a way to let your trade-partner know you are interested in trading but aren't sure if you can work out a trade together. Turning them off would mean that you aren't open for whatever your trade partner is suggesting and i think that might downsize in how many trades you get all together.

I personally report any and all flashing trades and foe people who do it more then once. I also report people who send me a 'bid/offer on this' kind of trades as that's counted as spam - advertisement without wanting it.

I've never had a problem with people breaking my suggestion rule and i do trade quite much. Sometimes people on the TRT and other annoyance threads make things up to rant about so there's no telling if there's really that much trouble with people sending suggestions or if people just make up problems to get attention x.x (not meant to offense anyone but it does happen.)

Edit: Right, just wanted to add that i don't really care if this gets added or not, it's just a no support from my point of view lol

Well some people don't want to take the time to edit suggestions and I think people should have the right to turn that off. Or at the very least if we enable this then people can't whine about it anymore. You are also correct if people turn off suggestions it might lessen the number of trades they get, but I still think people should get the choice to turn it off much like we can turn off C$ or item trades.

I was not aware that you could report those spam messages.

I think that one of the reasons you don't get many rule breakers is that you are very well known throughout C$ and have your name in quite a few places which scares off a lot of people. I do understand that sometimes people make things up to rant about, but look at it this way; if we give them the choice to lock suggestions they can't complain about it anymore.

I can see the points you're bring up but I still think that installing this option would be a good thing for those that want it.
ImageImageImage

Always open to art trades
Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:54 am

I've got a question though - How much time does it really take to send back a suggestion just the way it is or to cancel it? Because imo that hardly takes any more time then to accept/cancel a ready to accept trade.

I understand it takes more time if you have to edit the suggestion, but i think that's what trade rules are for? Just canceling suggestions that are sent aren't..really that much of a hassle?

I could think of a few things that are more important to be added to CS then this - for example being able to lock certain items and keep others open.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dudevinci » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:19 am

Support this.
I HATE suggestions.
I once got a suggestion asking for a re-released malk cage+a pink september list.
and there was nothing on their side.
they asked me:
"What do you want for these?"
canceled.
hello. my name is rook now. you may know me as maira or maahi! if you're looking for me, message me :) my discord is @rookvale
dudevinci

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:25 pm

DaDwarf wrote:I've got a question though - How much time does it really take to send back a suggestion just the way it is or to cancel it? Because imo that hardly takes any more time then to accept/cancel a ready to accept trade.

I understand it takes more time if you have to edit the suggestion, but i think that's what trade rules are for? Just canceling suggestions that are sent aren't..really that much of a hassle?

I could think of a few things that are more important to be added to CS then this - for example being able to lock certain items and keep others open.

I will be the first to say that I would be all for locking certain items.

I can see where you're coming from but I still can't say I agree. Because while it doesn't take that long to cancel and it isn't that hard to either. Can't the same be said for items, C$ or pets?

I mean it has just about the same level of annoyance to get an offer on a pet you don't want to trade, hence why we have the ability to lock pets. I think it is the same deal, people don't want to get trades on pets so they lock them. If you don't want to get suggestions shouldn't you be able to turn those off as well?
ImageImageImage

Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElevatingHearts » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:37 pm

I don't support. Not only for reasons stated by DaDwarf, but also for what Liddi had said.

Say you do turn off suggestions, people can still send you a trade and ask "What will you give for this?" or "What do you want in return for this pet?" And, to be honest, I'm perfectly getting trades with those kind of messages. I don't see why people hate suggestions so much---Would it really take that much time to edit a trade a bit? Sorry, but I don't mind suggestions, so no support, although I really don't care if the feature is added or not.
Normally when people say "No suggestions" I don't trade with them, because there are times I feel the need to send a suggestion, because I am not sure if the trade is 100 percent fair, or if they would want to accept the trade.

Click either picture to check out the Pokemon Fan Fiction I am writing! The account is just starting up so I would love any support you can give!(: "Only You" involves a romance and "Snagged" is just simply an adventure to get a Pokemon back.

Chapter 1 to Only You was published on 10/29/14 which is my Latest update on it.

My Latest Update for "Snagged" was the prologue, which was posted on 10/25/14.

Again, just click either cover picture to read the book! Any votes or comments would be greatly appreciated!(:
ElevatingHearts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:40 pm

TrueHeartedRusher<3 wrote:I don't support. Not only for reasons stated by DaDwarf, but also for what Liddi had said.

Say you do turn off suggestions, people can still send you a trade and ask "What will you give for this?" or "What do you want in return for this pet?" And, to be honest, I'm perfectly getting trades with those kind of messages. I don't see why people hate suggestions so much---Would it really take that much time to edit a trade a bit? Sorry, but I don't mind suggestions, so no support, although I really don't care if the feature is added or not.
Normally when people say "No suggestions" I don't trade with them, because there are times I feel the need to send a suggestion, because I am not sure if the trade is 100 percent fair, or if they would want to accept the trade.

Well what often bothers people the most are the "What will you give for this?" trades and if you send one of those as a trade, then you can just take the persons pets so very few are likely to do that, hence turning off suggestions would help here.
ImageImageImage

Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {10 Support

Postby ElevatingHearts » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:41 pm

Hm... true. Though some people aren't so bright, haha.
Like I said, though, it doesn't really matter if Nick/Tess add it in or not.
But I would prefer other things were to be added first.

Click either picture to check out the Pokemon Fan Fiction I am writing! The account is just starting up so I would love any support you can give!(: "Only You" involves a romance and "Snagged" is just simply an adventure to get a Pokemon back.

Chapter 1 to Only You was published on 10/29/14 which is my Latest update on it.

My Latest Update for "Snagged" was the prologue, which was posted on 10/25/14.

Again, just click either cover picture to read the book! Any votes or comments would be greatly appreciated!(:
ElevatingHearts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me