Dragon Village Collection

Discuss your favorite websites, or advertise your own website/forum here

Postby jinbad » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:51 pm

Feel free to use this thread as a DVC discussion thread as well! I'd love to talk about the game with more people :D

Heyo! I've been really addicted to this game, sooo I figured I'd make a thread about it here since it seems like no one has talked about it yet! The game in question beeeeing -

Dragon Village Collection, or DVC, is a mobile dragon collector game with a pixel artstyle. If you've ever played DragCave, it plays very similarly to that, except the sprites are animated, you can move around with one of your dragons as an avatar, you have a village you can decorate, and dragons grow based on time and your interactions with them instead of clicks/views.

Images courtesy of the app's Google Play Store page lol

There's tons of dragons to collect and breed, and the art style is gorgeous! There are also ways to spice up your dragon, such as personalities, which allow the dragon to have an animated aura around them. Some of them can be really challenging to obtain, but can accent the dragon so well!

DVC is one of those games where you collect a bunch of dragon eggs, then wait a while for them to hatch, allowing you to do other things in the meantime or just forget about it until you get a notification telling you something has happened. It's rather slow-paced, but it's really chill, and if you don't have a lot of time in the day anyway, it might be your thing! The English translation is a little rough since the devs don't have a lot of translators, but the game only came out recently and they're open to translation suggestions/fixes, so I'm sure it'll get ironed out in no time. :)

I mentioned previously that there are customizable villages. You're able to decorate it to your liking, and, with the day/night cycle (or with certain dragons' abilities, your village can be eternally day, night, or rainy), you can have your village glow in the dark with certain items! Here's my village as an example!

ImageImage

If you're interested, feel free to download the game !It's available on iOS and Android!

hint: Check the shelter for hatchlings! You can get an adult dragon within the day or day after if you manage to get a dragon in its later stages!

And, if you want to continue playing or just want to learn more, why not check out the Wiki? It has tons of information that I'm sure will benefit you! :) Or you could just look around and see all the pretty dragons, lol.

If you have any questions or need help, feel free to ask! I'm very much enjoying this game rn and would love to help others enjoy it too! :D Oh, and here's some newbie tips!

Hope to see you around the square! ^^

Last edited by jinbad on Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:13 pm, edited 16 times in total.
on hiatus~
jinbad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Refer me, get WL pets & items!] Dragon Village Collecti

Postby jinbad » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:05 am

Hellbound ☣︎ Serpent wrote:Installing bby, thx for the topic you made, I was looking for a decent dragon game :Р

No problem, I'm happy to have helped, and I hope you enjoy! :D
on hiatus~
jinbad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jinbad » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:13 pm

(mods: I hope it's okay I'm posting about it again! I just... am really excited right now ;w;)

There's a new massive content update/season that'll be coming out/starting on September 20th that adds completely new areas to collect new dragons, a ton of new combat additions/updates, auto-exploration, custom decor themes for your dragon pages, and L O R E

Read about it here!

I'm super excited for new dragons. There's some that were teased in this preview, and they look so good!! I'm also really excited for custom decor pages. I wonder how they'll work? If they're purchaseable, or if it's dependent on the dragon. Either way, I'm all for it!

They also seem to be adding more ways to obtain diamonds in-game, which is very pleasing to hear! They've already added a way through selling Evria Egg Boxes I think last week? But honestly I don't know much about how that works yet, so I don't know how effective it is for F2P users, so I'm very glad they are including more options. I know they were given a lot of feedback on that, and I'm happy they're receptive to it!

If anyone actually reads this lol, what's got you most interested in the next season? What are you hoping to get added in the content update?
on hiatus~
jinbad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katherine7114 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:17 pm

Omg this looks awesome 0.0 your dragons don't die if their not clicked as an egg in time though do they?
katherine7114

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jinbad » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:23 pm

katherine7114 wrote:Omg this looks awesome 0.0 your dragons don't die if their not clicked as an egg in time though do they?

DVC doesn't rely on clicks for your dragons to grow/survive! So long as you keep them in the Incubator (which you do with one click, and then you can just forget about it), they'll grow up just fine. In fact, this is a method to get the Introvert personality! I'm currently doing it myself on one of my dragons, lol.

You can also "Care" for it to make it happy, and happiness will increase the speed at which it grows. This is just an action you can do every now and again, such as washing the dragon, having the dragon sleep, reading a book to it, etc. There's different care actions for different dragons, too! (One of them has the "Ignite" care action, where it sets itself on fire o.o)

There are personalities that require certain click/view counts, but yeah, it's not a requirement for a dragon to grow/survive! ^^

Edit: Another thing I want to mention is yet another personality actually requires you to not have the dragon viewed by anyone during it's growth. So, yeah! Sometimes, no clicks/views is actually encouraged!
on hiatus~
jinbad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphic psychic » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:26 pm

Oh wow I was hunting around for a dragon game (i've been hooked on them and it's a problem o.0) so i'll def give it a shot!!
she/he/they | (disney) adult | perpetually tired | wyll lover
━━━ ❧ ━━━━━━━━━━━━
sapphic psychic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jinbad » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:30 pm

mcflyy wrote:Oh wow I was hunting around for a dragon game (i've been hooked on them and it's a problem o.0) so i'll def give it a shot!!

I feel you haha, I've been hooked on them as well, if this thread was any indication! I hope you enjoy your time on DVC. :)
on hiatus~
jinbad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jinbad » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:57 am

My OP is getting a little crowded, but I wanted to include this somewhere, so I think I'm going to just make a link to this post in the OP.

Newbie tips!!

1. If you look at your map in the square and see a blue or green lightbulb or a !, walk up to it! It's a quest waiting to be done. Some quests give special decor or dragons!

2. Every day, you'll be able to collect 10 treasure boxes around the square. Collect them! They have gold, and on the rare chance, a special Pierrot dragon egg with an alternative color! This egg will go into your mail, so you don't need to worry about having an egg slot available.

3. Head to the bottom left of the square. You'll see a mysterious merchant by the water. Talk to him, and you'll unlock the Wandering Merchant! Every day at 6am, 12pm, 6pm, and 12am EST, there will be a special character that appears in Exploration called the Wandering Merchant. He will show you three eggs that you can pick one from, and if you're lucky, one of them might be a WM exclusive! He has four - three that retire at the end of the month, and one all year round one that has an ability for you to grab an egg from a bundle of a previous month, allowing you to get older exclusives. This fourth egg I definitely recommend, it has the description: "This egg is wearing a hoodie." He will only appear for 15 minutes, so be quick! You can view the list of eggs he can show you here.

There's also the egg lottery you can participate in, where he'll have a very rare egg that you can try your luck for! You'll receive the egg in the mail if you win. The more people that enter, the more winners there are!

4. Once you have an adult dragon, be sure to do your dispatches! They're on the left side of the exploration menu. This will allow you to obtain items that are needed for quests, or even dragon requests that allow you to get special dragon eggs...

5. Go into Settings, then hit "Coupon", then enter this code: DVCPOPUP2 it will give you some village decor!

If there's anything I missed or you have any questions, please let me know! :o
Last edited by jinbad on Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
on hiatus~
jinbad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby persontea » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:11 am

oh this looks so silly/pos!! I used to be really into dragon city when i was younger, and i've always been hooked on dragons so i i'll check this out!! making sure to come back to this when I have the chance :3
the style kinda reminds me of a mix of the old prodigy style, and stardew valley
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

autistic + sys
on during the week days!
into Bugbo, cr, and tsp

- he/it
███████████████
███████████████

uma archive, trading thread
Image xcredit
persontea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jinbad » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:36 am

persontea wrote:oh this looks so silly/pos!! I used to be really into dragon city when i was younger, and i've always been hooked on dragons so i i'll check this out!! making sure to come back to this when I have the chance :3
the style kinda reminds me of a mix of the old prodigy style, and stardew valley

Omg, Dragon City!! I used to play that when I was younger, too! Did you ever play that 3D platformer they made with some of the dragons? I remember overheating my tablet just so I could participate in the races lol...

I hope you enjoy your time on DVC!! And omg now that you mentioned it, yeah the style reminds me of Stardew Valley too! Another good game btw - you have good taste >:3
on hiatus~
jinbad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me