2024 Easter Event - Casual Chat V1 [read first post]

Current Event: 🥚Easter Egg Hunt 🐇
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: 2024 Easter Event - Casual Chat V1 [read first post]

Postby lintto » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 pm

The CS gods have a sense of humor LOL
For two days I get nothing but ribbon eggs. Now I am getting animal eggs minus the one I need :P
I mean I am thankful, but if I see another duplicate or another ribbon egg I am going to cry LOL

I love the dragons from today, but if I am being honest the bunnies have been my favorite. I love bunnies
lintto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yugi » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 pm

dogtreat wrote:im glad to see my lil dragons and their eggs were well received! the eggs themselves were just based on those bougie white/black/gold designs that tiktok aesthetic mums are real fond of. and the lil guys are just kinda the same theme. i just wanted fancy little easter dragons for year of the dragon LOL

im not sure if anyones pointed it out yet but my bunny here

is based off this rat from 2023 october here

in hindsight my colorblindness totally got me because even now i can seem my bunny has more of a saturated color oh well i tried very hard :thumbup:

I think the bunny is perfect!! I was so happy to see them made, and the more saturated and brighter colors on the bun are so playful and charming T_T <3

I personally mainly work with low contrast colors since my brain tends to favor them more (and my eyes thank me after long stretches of work days when I'm just drawing away lol), but it's always pleasant to see super bright and colorful palettes being used!!
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
xxx
x

Yugi | She/They | Biracial Asian
Digital Artist x 3D Hobbyist x Live2D Animator
xxx
Image Image
ImageImage
xxx
World's shortest cyberpunk 🤘

Daylight's not for me 。。。
That's why I'm nocturnal

ImageImage
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lintto » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 pm

I knew I seen that bunny somewhere!! I love them, bunnies have always been my favorite here.
lintto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskyhiccups » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm

Finally hit the banner limit. Hoping it gets raised soon!

Also, I really love these bunnies! :3
ImageImage
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaLate » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 pm

I’m kind of upset, I accidentally accepted a trade a meant to cancel, I accidentally traded one of my PPS dragons for a PPS egg. I’m worried the PPS dragon will be worth more, idk. Of course as soon as I decide I’m actually not going to trade my PPS dragons for the PPS eggs and put them in a non-trading group, I accidentally accepted a trade instead of canceling it!! Hopefully it won’t be much more valuable but I’m having regrets T-T
Sorry if this is too off topic, it’s not directed at the person I traded with! Just my own regrets.
LunaLate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenyangz » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:16 am

i was out during rollover last night so i only logged on to adopt and trade, so i'm very late to talking about last night's pets but here i am LOL i absolutely love this bunny <33 i think this design works super well on the bunny lines, it's so pretty <3 all the bunnies were very pretty actually :3 and i'm always happy to get eggs for my egg collection! thankfully like the pps rats i didn't have to do a whole lot of trading to get doubles >_<

LunaLate wrote:I’m kind of upset, I accidentally accepted a trade a meant to cancel, I accidentally traded one of my PPS dragons for a PPS egg. I’m worried the PPS dragon will be worth more, idk. Of course as soon as I decide I’m actually not going to trade my PPS dragons for the PPS eggs and put them in a non-trading group, I accidentally accepted a trade instead of canceling it!! Hopefully it won’t be much more valuable but I’m having regrets T-T
Sorry if this is too off topic, it’s not directed at the person I traded with! Just my own regrets.

i wouldn't worry about it too much! free litters r typically all in the common rarity range, so even if the dragons r worth a bit more it definitely won't be much :3
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
violet | he/it | adult
enjoyer of cats, ranboolive, wayv,
waterparks, minecraft, and books
listo | trade thread | my angels
🌿🌿🌿

tenyangz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 am

Yugi wrote:
dogtreat wrote:im glad to see my lil dragons and their eggs were well received! the eggs themselves were just based on those bougie white/black/gold designs that tiktok aesthetic mums are real fond of. and the lil guys are just kinda the same theme. i just wanted fancy little easter dragons for year of the dragon LOL

im not sure if anyones pointed it out yet but my bunny here

is based off this rat from 2023 october here

in hindsight my colorblindness totally got me because even now i can seem my bunny has more of a saturated color oh well i tried very hard :thumbup:

I think the bunny is perfect!! I was so happy to see them made, and the more saturated and brighter colors on the bun are so playful and charming T_T <3

I personally mainly work with low contrast colors since my brain tends to favor them more (and my eyes thank me after long stretches of work days when I'm just drawing away lol), but it's always pleasant to see super bright and colorful palettes being used!!

{ oh I love the bright colors !! they're like an additional adopted sibling for the rat litter heh. I didn't look that closely last night since I don't trade tokens until the end of the event, but I'm very happy to see a rat design again this year. I did a mini hoard of the dragon rattipede bunnies last year so I'll get to uphold tradition! ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ♡
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rrush » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am

i have a question for people who have hit the banner limit.. when do you typically hit the banner limit (in days after the start of the event)?

if 1 banner/20 min.. 3 banner/60 min = 72 banner/24 hr. the 200 banner limit means 200 banner / (72 banner/day) = 2.7 repeating days.

but realistically, you don’t have ‘24 hours,’ adults need to sleep for 6-8 hours, so let’s say your day is at 67-75% efficiency. and maybe it takes an extra 2-3 minutes to browse until you find the banner, which is about 85-90% efficiency. then, we’d land between 4.1 and 4.9 days

if the event started on the 22nd mar at 00:00 (rollover), that mean our “perfect efficiency, perfect availability” model hits the limit at about 02:45 on 26th mar to 21:40 on 26th mar (compared to our superhuman model hitting 200 banners at 18:40 on 24th mar!)

really though, our model is just measuring the banner/day with a fun benchmark. many people have asymmetrical schedules, i.e. weekends vs. weekdays or commuting time, and are not operating at ‘perfect efficiency.’ by adding an 6-8 hr availability decrease, we change the banners/day from 72 ban/day (superhuman) to 41-48 (all perfect) to 20-32 (perfect efficiency, reduced availability). wowza!

so let’s take it one step further.. when would this person with weekday commitments hit 200? i’ll skip the math and tell you: between 04:10 on 26th mar and 19:15 on 28th mar (don’t forget, this model is for someone who is setting 20 min timers at about all times possible!)

fascinating. i could go on to talk about the error banding or calculation spreadsheet for just as long but i’ll stop there. we’re wrapping up the dates when the hardcore “perfect efficiency” people are reaching 200, so we should see an uptick in posts and congratulatory messages!
rrush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _SmollJellyfish_ » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:52 am

I hit the banner limit,its my first time and for now I have a complete Easter collection!!
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
The PPS dragons are so cute!!

And this is my favorite bunny from today!I can't wait to see the others!
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄
ImageFURINA DE FONTAINEImage
Image |Infp|♋︎|he/him|Writer| ImageImageImageImage
_SmollJellyfish_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabmorgan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 am

rrush wrote:i have a question for people who have hit the banner limit.. when do you typically hit the banner limit (in days after the start of the event)?

-snip-

oh gosh the MATH (not my strong suit lol) but it's amazing how accurate it seems to me! i hit the limit on the morning of the 27th, around 2.5 hours after rollover. is that like 2:30am CS time...? that's a little over 5 days since the start of the event, but i also don't think i started hunting for tokens immediately at rollover on the 22nd.

notes: i tend to sleep around 6 hours a night on weekdays, so on the lower end that was catered for, but i don't set timers lol. i just refresh when i remember to, but it also happened to be a fairly quiet week at work for me. if i'd been busier i probably wouldn't have hit the limit so fast.
╔════════════════════════╗
ImageImage
★☆★☆★
toyhouse
trades
writing shop

╚════════════════════════╝
arabmorgan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery