2023 Summer Event: Casual Chat

Current Event: πŸ₯šEaster Egg Hunt πŸ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Which cabin did you get sorted into?

Vanilla
10%
Chocolate
9%
Creamsicle
4%
Berry
7%
Apple
36%
Green
28%
Chicken
5%

Total votes : 2853

Re: 2023 Summer Event: Casual Chat

Postby virtualghost » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:34 pm

Shocked that the pet rock didn’t end up being rare at the very least considering how popular it was
virtualghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby majora's_mask » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:47 pm

Honestly I think a lot of the false rarities came from hoarders, especially with the raven dragon and the rocks. I kept seeing hoarders offering rares or higher amounts of C$ for a rock and then so many people were wanting to keep the raven dragon.
Image ~~ Image ~~Image
majora's_mask

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lanayru » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:39 pm

VERY surprised at one donkey supposedly being rarer than the others, aside from the gray one being slightly more common they're spread pretty evenly in my hoard. That being said, I assume a LOT of pets will spike up to rare after the online numbers dwindle again (as they always do after events) so I wouldn't be too bummed :]
Click the cat for my FR!
Lanayru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSkeletalSystem » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:41 pm

majora's_mask wrote:Honestly I think a lot of the false rarities came from hoarders, especially with the raven dragon and the rocks. I kept seeing hoarders offering rares or higher amounts of C$ for a rock and then so many people were wanting to keep the raven dragon.

-laughs in collects oarfish-
Yeah the rock suprised me so much!! Like how was that uncommon??
xImagex
β”€π’πŽ 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄'𝐒 π–π‡π„π‘π„β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β™«β”€β”€β˜…β”€
◇──◆──◇──◆
ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛš Bones {He/they/its/catself} System of 40+ β‹†Β·Λš ༘
System Tag (🦴) ↻ The Skeletal System β†Ί
.ೃ࿐ Likes: Hermitcarft, Fnaf, Gen 4 mlp, Clowncore β˜„.
◇──◆──◇──◆
β”€πˆπ… 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍 π…πˆππƒβ”€
──────toyhouse───β₯β₯β₯─
─── π…π€πŒπˆπ‹π˜ π–πˆπ“π‡
TheSkeletalSystem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:01 pm

I loved this event so much, thanks so much staff for all your hard work!! It's extremely appreciated <3 <3 <3
I know a bunch of my friends really enjoyed it as well, and I am particularly happy about the old summer event minigames making a come back!
That was a SUPER welcome suprise! :D
Sad the snake game isn't possible for whatever the reason/s are, that one is def one of my favs, but glad so many have made a comeback! <3
Hope to see this continue into the future!
I think it'd be really cool if playing the minigames gave some sort of reward, like a very common pet or recent item from the pound for example if score over X points or something?
Just an idea! No worries if nah, just figured I'd throw it out there in case staff think it's a good idea, so they know there is interest c:

In regards to the Camping Event itself, I adored the artwork and the story was great! Would love to see next summer event another great storyline filled with involvement from the community cause I really enjoyed that aspect! <3
I ADORED most if not all the pets, and I loved all the unique personalities of the NPCs, and really enjoyed in particular to do with NPCs the casual inclusion of diversity <3
Loved the items as well so many amazing designs, and am excited to use them in dress ups!
I also loved how this event had a bigger activity level in regards to players being active, and had a blast trading, it was a better experience than expected, and I had an easier time trading for all the outcomes as compared to usual, so I really appreciate my fellow players as well in this regard too because it wouldn't have been as fun without y'all <3
All in all super happy with this event and really excited for the next summer event! ^u^
Thanks again everyone!! <3 <3
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KariaTheCat » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:16 pm

It seems like last year most of the uncommon ones are the one-hour-token-trade-ins.
There were not enough outcomes/trade-ins for the one-hour-tokens, or the 20-min-token-trade-ins were just... better/more desired.
I'd love to see some token swaps (1 hour for 1 or 2 20 min tokens). I had a lot of 1 hour tokens, but not nearly enough of the 20 min ones, especially with the fish tokens and trade ins of those..
Trying to become more active!
KariaTheCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:01 pm

I am not surprised about the amount of uncommon token pets and especially not at all surprised about the rock being uncommon. The rock was popular but that is not the same as being hard to get, it is absolutely EVERYWHERE.

What I am surprised about is the lack of common free pets, the vast majority of those are uncommon too. I guess it makes sense that they're looking into updating the rarity system! ^.^
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:53 pm

Minimanta wrote:I am not surprised about the amount of uncommon token pets and especially not at all surprised about the rock being uncommon. The rock was popular but that is not the same as being hard to get, it is absolutely EVERYWHERE.

What I am surprised about is the lack of common free pets, the vast majority of those are uncommon too. I guess it makes sense that they're looking into updating the rarity system! ^.^

Yeah, me too! I ended up with 3 or 4 rocks. I'm really surprised that not one of the owls or squirrels ended up common or below. I thought those would be my very easy post-event hoards lol.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go! ✦ icon
need help? ✦ guides ✦ for newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby atychiphobia » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:04 pm

TheMamba wrote:
Juliamon wrote:And aw, I lost the checkmark I had because I'm missing the three-headed deer... is it the last one or do we still have a growing one?

the three headed deer grew on day 8, and this deer grew on day 9. this deer was the last one to grow and its rarity is unknown

----

also, i got 56 rare pets this event !! ^^
    feeling pretty good about my haul (i had over 200 event pets)
β € β €._____________
x...β”Š β”Š β”Š β”Š β”Š β”Š β”Š
x...β”Š β”Š β”Š β”Š β”Š β”Š β”Š
x.. β”Š β”Š ✫ ✫ .β”Š β”Š β”Š
x.. β”Š ⊹ ......||β”Š ✫ .................β”Š
x...β”Šx.|..||.| .⊹ xx.β”Š
x β €βœ§xxxxxxxxx....β €βœ§
x..β”Œ-.-..-...-....-
....|xx β€’ she/her ✦ equestrian β€’ australian ✦xxxxx.xx|
....|xx rarely active but still here β€’ im not good xxx...|
....|xx at collecting so feel free to trade & help xxxx..|
....|xx me out ✦ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.|
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-....-...-..-.β”˜
atychiphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MinniHowl » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:53 am

42 out of my 146 extra token trade ins are rare. That’s like less than a third, and all token pets only, but vast majority is of course bracelets.

This is not counting my personal keep one of each category (items not included tho I have one of each there too, no wasted fish).I had hit banner token limit and managed to only spend just so for my personal ones then do extra trade ins.

I had not reached bracelet token limit.

I feel like it says something about the balance of tokens and trade ins this event when it’s this much out of balance. Not that I didn’t enjoy the event, just a little surprised at how skewed the token and trade in distributions were.

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
Forever new, bear with me.
I want one copy of every pet on this site!
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Image Image
Image Image

Join the Discord server!
MinniHowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me