2024 Easter Event - Pet, Item & Event Discussion

Current Event: ๐ŸฅšEaster Egg Hunt ๐Ÿ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: 2024 Easter Event - Pet, Item & Event Discussion

Postby Windi_1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:50 pm

Celozon wrote:I'm glad people like the rats! I was really excited for them to be released ^^ For anyone curious, I did the lineart changes and coloring to the rats themselves, and Flash-Canvas did the flowers on them (and did an amazing job <3). My sister got two rats about a year ago and I've gotten very attached to them so I knew I wanted to do a rat litter with some edits to the lineart to make them look a bit more realistic while (hopefully) not changing the overall style too much.

Here are the markings they are based on;
Image - English Irish
Image - Dalmatian
Image - Variberk (Variegated Berkshire)
Image - Badger
Image - Dumbo Bareback
Image - Dumbo Blazed Berkshire
Image - Dumbo Masked
Image - Dumbo Variegated Blazed (Lightening Blaze specifically, as it is off-center)

These guys still look comical, yet with the line edits, I so love seeing the softer snout. I used to breed and raise rats. Of the 3 I had, 1 was clearly my favourite. Sadly, my Snow made her way over the Rainbow ๐ŸŒˆ Bridge soon after last litter of pups (yes, a litter of rat babies is called pups) was weaned. She died in my arms. Full name was Snowbelle, but I called her Snow.
Windi_1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takora Drakan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:53 pm

I love the new rat lineart so much, it is so much cuter than the regular one! While it probably won't replace the old one, I hope we can get more litters with this lineart in the future <3
Pet Spotlight:
Pet's name: Xylona
Trades - Looking for all kinds of Dragons!
Takora Drakan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Devik » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:19 pm

Lilian Nightshade wrote:
Sorry for the late reply, only saw that now.

I'm a horse genetics nerd, not a cattle one, sadly. I actually did try to do research on cattle genetics to properly pick the coats, but unfortunately it's stupidly difficult to find a good, intuitive guide on it. I kept finding stuff that either discussed genetics without any visual guides whatsoever, or only covered a select few coats with photos. It doesn't help that most cattle genetic data I find is for pathology research. I think it's because they are mostly bred for meat and dairy rather than coat colors/phenotypes like horses. It was driving me insane.

After a while I simply gave up and made this huge reference collage of all the cool patterns I could find, picked whatever I liked most and went for it(welcome to my design process, lol). Maybe that can help you pinpoint the coats better? It's not hard to spot which ones inspired the bulls.

Also, as for the bulls based on specific breeds...

Image - Hereford

Image - Texas Longhorn

Image - Texas Longhorn too because their coats are insane.

Image - Red Brahman

Image - Guzerรก(I think it's guzerat in english?)

Thank you very much - and thank you for sharing the collage! <3
Devik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Namikaze~Sin » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:27 pm

I love love LOVE the rattie linearts

Absolutely no disrespect to the artists but ive never liked tthe original lines, I've had many many pet rats over the years and never thought they carried quite the right sweetness and cuteness that rats have. These are the first rats in coming on 15yrs of play that I've actually looked at really felt pleased to see with their sweet little faces reminding me of all the tiny friends I've had the joy of loving <3 absolutely wonderful

I really hope we get more of these lil rattos or maybe a community to poll whether to update the lines to these(?) I would probably start valuing rats in trades more, at the moment i dont tend to value them at all except swaps for other rats
โœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœšโœš

Once appeared a nine-tailed demon fox,
one swing of it's mighty tail could crumble
mountains and cause tsunamis. To fight
the demon the people assembled the shinobi,
one brave shinobi was able to seal up the
demon but he lost his life.

That shinobi was called the 4th Hokage.

_______________Minato Namikaze.
Namikaze~Sin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Devik » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:49 pm

Evergreen.Acres wrote:Image Image 10/23
Image Image valentines day 2022

ImageImage February 2020
Devik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:59 am

ImageImage

A rat side by side comparison. I really these these tiny edits vastly improve the rat lines. I think with some tiny foot edits as well, people could really warm up to these. I especially like the eye edits that give them more character.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FriedApplePie » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:00 am

Wookieinmashoo wrote:ImageImage

A rat side by side comparison. I really these these tiny edits vastly improve the rat lines. I think with some tiny foot edits as well, people could really warm up to these. I especially like the eye edits that give them more character.

I totally agree

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐—ฎ ๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ฒxx

.xxImage
...โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
Returning Member
October 12th
Loving Apple Pie
โ”‚
โ”‚

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
x
- of
me?
FriedApplePie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kotak » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:41 am

FriedApplePie wrote:
Wookieinmashoo wrote:ImageImage

I totally agree

I have to disagree about the eyes :c Something about them feels quite anthropomorphic and it sends me down the uncanny valley a little bit. (edit: Iโ€™ve thought about it and the size is perfect! I think itโ€™s just the colors and the irises that throw me off.) No offense to the artists โ€” I think the pets themselves are lovely, I just prefer the old rat eyes, as they feel more lighthearted and silly (which happens to be my taste, I love the whole head empty vibe). The face edit looks really cute and soft though and the ears are also sweet! Maybe if the eyes were a little lighter theyโ€™d seem more inviting? Iโ€™d love to see more of these ratties in other colours too!
ImageImage

๐–ฅ” โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”.๐–ฅ” hey, i'm kat ๐–ฅ” โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”.๐–ฅ”

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
โ‹†เฑจเงŽ๐–ฅ”โŸกห– have a lovely day! เฑจเงŽโŸกห–๐–ฅ”
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

kotak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:15 am

kotak wrote:I have to disagree about the eyes :c Something about them feels quite anthropomorphic and it sends me down the uncanny valley a little bit. (edit: Iโ€™ve thought about it and the size is perfect! I think itโ€™s just the colors and the irises that throw me off.) No offense to the artists โ€” I think the pets themselves are lovely, I just prefer the old rat eyes, as they feel more lighthearted and silly (which happens to be my taste, I love the whole head empty vibe). The face edit looks really cute and soft though and the ears are also sweet! Maybe if the eyes were a little lighter theyโ€™d seem more inviting? Iโ€™d love to see more of these ratties in other colours too!

My main intent with the eye edits was just to get them to look more how they actually do on rats in real life, which you can't really see any sclera on rats, so they just look fully black (or red for rats with red eyes). I did add a bit of shine to give them some depth and just cause it looked a bit off without it. I can def see why some wouldn't like this version as much though ^^
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kotak » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:19 am

Celozon wrote:
kotak wrote:I have to disagree about the eyes :c Something about them feels quite anthropomorphic and it sends me down the uncanny valley a little bit. (edit: Iโ€™ve thought about it and the size is perfect! I think itโ€™s just the colors and the irises that throw me off.) No offense to the artists โ€” I think the pets themselves are lovely, I just prefer the old rat eyes, as they feel more lighthearted and silly (which happens to be my taste, I love the whole head empty vibe). The face edit looks really cute and soft though and the ears are also sweet! Maybe if the eyes were a little lighter theyโ€™d seem more inviting? Iโ€™d love to see more of these ratties in other colours too!

My main intent with the eye edits was just to get them to look more how they actually do on rats in real life, which you can't really see any sclera on rats, so they just look fully black (or red for rats with red eyes). I did add a bit of shine to give them some depth and just cause it looked a bit off without it. I can def see why some wouldn't like this version as much though ^^

oh yeah, I get that now!! I used to look after two lovely mice and their eyes were the cutest! I must have misinterpreted the shine as a sclera which is why the eyes felt too dark to me :โ€™) And when I wrote lighter I meant that in future fantasy/abstract rattie releases Iโ€™d love to see all sorts of eye colors, I think pastels would look really cool! Or a light pastel shine. Btw I absolutely love the ears on the dumbos and I think you did a great job! I hope we get to see some more of your version of the rats soon ^^
ImageImage

๐–ฅ” โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”.๐–ฅ” hey, i'm kat ๐–ฅ” โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”.๐–ฅ”

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
โ‹†เฑจเงŽ๐–ฅ”โŸกห– have a lovely day! เฑจเงŽโŸกห–๐–ฅ”
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

kotak

My pets
My items
My wishlist