How do you decide where a roleplay belongs?

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

How do you decide where a roleplay belongs?

Postby 8_Stars_8 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:52 am

Hello people of CS,

I'm thinking of starting my own roleplay, but was wondering how you decide which board your RP would go on, in terms of literacy, that is. I know people have varying standards of what they deem as literate or semi-literate, but I'd like to get the general feel of the difference between the casual RP board, and the semi-lit/advanced board. (i.e. 200+ words, three paragraphs, etc.) I didn't see any information about this anywhere, and was wondering about this. Thank you in advanced!
8_Stars_8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How do you decide where a roleplay belongs?

Postby AquilaFuga » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:26 pm

Hello there!

Our semi-lit/lit+ boards do not have a specifically set literacy as such, because we recognise how differently everyone views it and want to maintain a welcoming environment for roleplayers who are still developing their skills. However they should in general be posting more than just a few sentences per post, and the writing should be of a decent standard (ie: no text talk, full sentences, etc). There is also a general expectation that semi-literate posts will contain more detail and varied/advanced vocabulary.
Ultimately it is the choice of the roleplay owner to define the quantity of writing expected from members of their roleplay. For example, a roleplay expecting a single small paragraph of under 10 sentences and a roleplay expecting 3+ paragraphs are both very welcome in our semi-lit board. This topic outlines in more detail our guidelines for the literate boards.

The regular roleplay boards in contrast generally contain simpler roleplaying styles, anything from short and snappy one-line roleplaying to a few sentences per post, however roleplayers who wish to write more are welcome to do so in these boards too. This is why you might see some people posting what you might consider 'semi-lit' posts in the regular forums. There is no 'upper limit' as to what can be written in the regular boards so those who are able to write more are free do so while roleplaying with people of lower literacy in a more casual environment, as opposed to the literate boards where it is expected that all members of the roleplay would be writing more. Again, the roleplay owner has the right to ask their members to write a bit more than one line if they choose to in this board as well, but unlike the literate board, it is not essential for the RP owner to have a defined literacy standard.

If you feel your roleplay would be better suited in a different forum (either moving up or down in literacy) then you can report the topic at any time and ask for it to be moved by staff, so you don't need to worry that where you create your roleplay is where it has to stay if you think you chose the wrong forum initially.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me