Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

If Only You Weren't So Far Away, My Love... by Alice's Rose

Artist Alice's Rose [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

If Only You Weren't So Far Away, My Love...

Postby Alice's Rose » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Dedication:
Two of my BFFs, who will remain unnamed.

My Inspiration:
(Songs)
-Butterfly, by G-Dragon (Hence the butterfly).
-Heart Breaker, by G-Dragon (Hence the tattoo that appears in the MV).

Background:
After listening to the two mentioned songs, and watching the MVs for them, I wanted to draw a piece that combined a couple things from each. Then, as I started doodling ideas for it, I thought of a perfect dedication: two of my friends, who are dating. They are both boys (if you have something against such relationships, please refrain from commenting negatively about such), and are having trouble from the parents of one of them, who just found out about the relationship. They're worried it'll be a while before they can see each other again, and I wish I could help them some how. And Voila: this piece came into existence. Art truly is art when you combine emotion and inspiration.

My Feelings About the Piece:
I'm pleased with it. It was hard to draw the face at an angle, and I think the shape of it came out kind of funny. Also, I had trouble with the patterns on the butterfly. Despite that, I think it really gets to the heart of their feelings (no pun intended), and I believe I did a pretty good job displaying it.

Well, sorry for that rant xD And geez, that sounded proffessional...totally unlike me. Oh well. Please comment/ critique.
Alice's Rose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me