Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Redline? by TheSilverfeather

Artist TheSilverfeather [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Redline?

Postby TheSilverfeather » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:55 am

As many others, I need a redline...
Until now, I haven't really bothered to study anatomy, and I have simply drawn what looks okay. Though still, the legs of my canines/felines looks very messed up, and I would like some help with the hindlegs and the paws especially please :3 It would would be great if you could redline it and give a small explanation at how the leg bends etc.

Thanks to everyone that redlines, it will help me a lot on the way of becoming better in art ^.^
Also, for those who wants to, you may as well color it in ;3
Itsy bitsy spider...
TheSilverfeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Redline?

Postby HW4EVER » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:12 am

Hi there, I while a go I comment on a person wanting redline and I think this might help you to, it work for any type of animal, but the magic word is "Practice". =)

HW4EVER wrote:1. Lern to know your animal, Google it. How does it behave? How does it look when its angry, happy or scared? What do its body language tell you?

2. Do Anatomy studies, How does it scelaton look, How does its muscles look and work? Do a picture of a wolf where you see the muscles, Point the important muscles out and write there name and write how they work, to they lift a leg or turn the head. (Google again) Sure this might seem overambitious but it actuly helps, do the same with bones.

3. Google Wolf and look at pictures and vids about wolfs. Look at a picture and paint the wolf the same ways as the picture is very good, even tracing helps BUUT you cant just trace any photos and uppload. Its fine as long as you keep your "practecing drawing" personal and private. But If you want to show your drawing us a stock photo, some of the stock providers allow tracing, som only allow using the pic for a referenc REMEBER that and follow the stockproviders rule.
(A good place to find stock photos is http://www.deviantART.com, just search Wolf stock. though I dont think thay have so many stock photos of wolves, I'm not sure you can look it up. Otherwise just ask the photographer even if its not stock many allows you using it this way if you credit them, always follow their rules.)

4. Practice, practice, practice, practice.

And also, sure tutrials can help and so but I strongly recomand drawing wolves while looking at photos, study their anatomy, their bones and muscles and practicing, and simply practice over looking at tutorials.

Also, redlining is good but be careful their isn't always artist thats knows what their are doing. I recomend you looking at photos of paws, both tracing, use it as a ref, and try on your on. And way to redline yourself (mabe not in the oekaki since you cant have photos there but anyway) is try to use a photo of almost the same pose of what you drawn and put it under and compare, what are the differens? what do I think I can improve?

Hope that helps! :)

EDIT: I'm sorry for all the spelling mistakes.
HW4EVER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSilverfeather » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:27 am

HW4EVER wrote:Hi there, I while a go I comment on a person wanting redline and I think this might help you to, it work for any type of animal, but the magic word is "Practice". =)

HW4EVER wrote:1. Lern to know your animal, Google it. How does it behave? How does it look when its angry, happy or scared? What do its body language tell you?

2. Do Anatomy studies, How does it scelaton look, How does its muscles look and work? Do a picture of a wolf where you see the muscles, Point the important muscles out and write there name and write how they work, to they lift a leg or turn the head. (Google again) Sure this might seem overambitious but it actuly helps, do the same with bones.

3. Google Wolf and look at pictures and vids about wolfs. Look at a picture and paint the wolf the same ways as the picture is very good, even tracing helps BUUT you cant just trace any photos and uppload. Its fine as long as you keep your "practecing drawing" personal and private. But If you want to show your drawing us a stock photo, some of the stock providers allow tracing, som only allow using the pic for a referenc REMEBER that and follow the stockproviders rule.
(A good place to find stock photos is http://www.deviantART.com, just search Wolf stock. though I dont think thay have so many stock photos of wolves, I'm not sure you can look it up. Otherwise just ask the photographer even if its not stock many allows you using it this way if you credit them, always follow their rules.)

And also, sure tutrials can help and so but I strongly recomand drawing wolves while looking at photos, study their anatomy, their bones and muscles and practicing, and simply practice over looking at tutorials.

Also, redlining is good but be careful their isn't always artist thats knows what their are doing. I recomend you looking at photos of paws, both tracing, use it as a ref, and try on your on. And way to redline yourself (mabe not in the oekaki since you cant have photos there but anyway) is try to use a photo of almost the same pose of what you drawn and put it under and compare, what are the differens? what do I think I can improve?

Thank you, though I have already tried it ^^; And I only have 2 hours on the computer every day, so I don't really have time to spend a lot of time searching up images... That's basically why I'm asking for redline, since it's much quicker than searching/drawing/etc.
I often search around to see paws, several tutorials etc. but I haven't really got the time to go through every thing... Might try to do more of it later on though ;3
Itsy bitsy spider...
TheSilverfeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HW4EVER » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:31 am

SilverFeather wrote:
HW4EVER wrote:Hi there, I while a go I comment on a person wanting redline and I think this might help you to, it work for any type of animal, but the magic word is "Practice". =)

Thank you, though I have already tried it ^^; And I only have 2 hours on the computer every day, so I don't really have time to spend a lot of time searching up images... That's basically why I'm asking for redline, since it's much quicker than searching/drawing/etc.
I often search around to see paws, several tutorials etc. but I haven't really got the time to go through every thing... Might try to do more of it later on though ;3

Haha, okey. Yeah, it takes time to find good pictures. Well, I wish you good luck and fun! :)
HW4EVER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSilverfeather » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:19 am

Thank you, hopefully I will learn from this ;3

Last bumped by TheSilverfeather on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:19 am.
Itsy bitsy spider...
TheSilverfeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me