Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Dusk by Cinn

Artist Cinn [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 9

Dusk

Postby Cinn » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:53 pm

This is a picture of my dingo, Nova, hunting. The time of the day is wrong, but I could only do a night backround for this piece. I don't like how the backleg turned out, but I may come back and fix it.

---
Program used: Chibipaint
Drawing tool used: Mouse
Layers used: Four (4)

Comments and constructive criticism would be lovely c:
Cinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dusk

Postby originals » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:01 pm

It's really cute, but it's not quite intermediate. Try straightening the edges, and unsmudging them a little. Add a little texture too, and work on the anatomy just a tad. It really is cute though!
originals

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinn » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Thank you for the criticism, this really didn't turn out the way I wanted either. Do you have time to redline this for me? I'd like to learn from my mistakes.
Cinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby folle » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:19 pm

Hate to say it, but this is definitely not ready for intermediate. Try putting in lines and details, like fur or eyes. And if you want, you could put shading =) And pupils in the eyes xD But it's still six times better than I can draw on the computer, I suck with a mouse. But I like to pretend I'm good in RL so I give out advice on here. Nice attempt =)
cool
folle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinn » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:22 pm

There are eyes, I just draw my eyes differently from most, people, I draw them like orbs. I also usually don't add lines in my artwork, but I agree with you that this isn't ready for intermediate, the mods can move it any time they like c:

To be honest, I'm not good at drawing canines, I'm better at drawing birds, their anatomy is easier to master for me, even though I still have a long way to go.
Cinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby folle » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:28 pm

:Malicious: wrote:There are eyes, I just draw my eyes differently from most, people, I draw them like orbs. I also usually don't add lines in my artwork, but I agree with you that this isn't ready for intermediate, the mods can move it any time they like c:

To be honest, I'm not good at drawing canines, I'm better at drawing birds, their anatomy is easier to master for me, even though I still have a long way to go.

Like I said, way better than my work. And if that's the way you do eyes, cool =) It makes it a bit more intriguing, king of eerier.
cool
folle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinn » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:35 pm

Thank you for the compliment, pupils have never really agreeded with me, so I only use them in my crested finches occasionally. I think I'll stick with MS Paint and birds though.
Cinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me