Contest 1 by Smoogiepie

Based on Click to view
Artist Smoogiepie [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Contest 1

Postby Smoogiepie » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Fall is here and Halloween is coming... it's the perfect time for an autumn-themed contest! :D
All you have to do is post saying what your favorite part of autumn is.

Contest ends on October 1st.

Prize is the fox above, plus 10 FD. :)
Smoogiepie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Contest 1

Postby Koiley » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:12 pm

I love the fresh cool breezes, the temperature drops[cause summer is too hot!], and my mom's fresh baked pumpkin seeds. :D
Orange is my favorite color and I get to see a lot of it as well. ^^
Koiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Smoogiepie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:19 am

up
Smoogiepie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lions » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:09 am

My favorite part would have to be, thanksgiving. All of my family gets to get together and have a party, so I like it. I also like the cooling tempatures, and my favorite food part would have to be pumpkin pie!
Lions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fred Weasley » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:29 am

What I love about Autumn is pumpkins hands down, Pumpkin patch, pumpkin pie, pumpkin carving, pumpkin spice latte. I have way more things to do with pumpkins than Red Vine Abuser has with shrimp! And can't forget cider, apples, foliage, looking forward to the holidays mostly Halloween, and Mulling things. Crisp air on walks and airing out comforters. Soups and stews, corn mazes, fall drives. Fireplaces and no more mosquitoes, sleeping in cozy warm beds at night in the crisp cold air. The promise of the coming Thanksgiving holiday and Christmas holidays. You get to drink hot chocolate, have cooler weather, warm socks.There a few crisp, wonderful smells that I associate with autumn and they are my favorite part. I really love the first crackling smells of fire (leaves burning), apples baking, that smell that it gets outside when it's chilled for the first time, but not yet freeze your tuckus off cold. It seems like everything smells wonderful. In the summer you get that weird hot smell, relatively few cooking smells other than BBQ (which is a nice one, but I prefer the baking smells of autumn), and sometimes a rotting smell. In spring you get damp smells. In winter you get icy non-smells. In autumn, though, you get some really lovely smells: cinnamon, apples, baking, leaves burning, that indescribable autumn one. Its beautiful, just beautiful. Colorful leaves of course, but there is much more. I love autumn crocus (Colchicum 'Water Lily') right now, I planted it in with the black mondo grass (Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Nigrescens'). The ornamental grasses are fabulous too, many of them blooming right now. crimson flag (Hesperantha 'Oregon Sunset') is coming into bloom and will continue going into early winter, sometimes into February if the weather stays mild. And of course the fuchsias are going gangbusters too.

Colchicum 'Water Lily'
Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Nigrescens
Hesperantha 'Oregon Sunset'
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fred Weasley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Offended Cockatiel » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:58 am

What I like about Autumn

Why I like about Autumn isn't the food or the family geting together,and I have my reasons why. My family isn't in the same country and we don't usually go all out on the food,plus that's alot...but what I like about Autumn is the colors. Orange,yellow,red,green and everything in between,it feels so cozy and speacle,defintly my favorite season. The warm colors and the cool breeze,the crunching leaves under my feet and how they flout from the trees. I just love Autumn and how it can bring people to have fun,and smile at the worst of times. Halloween and Thanksgiving,you can see the people all together but what I love about Autumn the most is that Autumn...is beuaitfull in so many ways. The plants and the nature,the people all out and getting ready. Not everyone smiles but still in Autumn that sence is a given,atleast a little. Atumn makes you feel speacle,and happy,it's not like Spring,Summer,or Winter,it's unique as all the seasons are,and I love Autumn for that.

The cool breeze in the silence,the crickles of the brittle leaves as I step by piles and piles of endless scatterings,flitting from the trees. The air is perfectly cool and untouched,with intaking scents from all around,the green,blue,white,orange,yellow nuatures colors sarounding all around me,it's all so sarean,golden sunlight flashing onto the white houses,and out standing trees.white sun beaming over the grass. It feels like you'r so alone but never fully,almost as if being watched in silence,the auroma sweet and nautural. Not a noise to be found except the fluttering of leaves and branches,mixing with the crisp crackles of leaves and the swriving free winds.
Last edited by Offended Cockatiel on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Offended Cockatiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Smoogiepie » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:59 am

up ^^
Smoogiepie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vanessa28 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:04 am

I've spent the past year in France, in the South, and there was no Autumn there! The leaves don't change color, and their is no Halloween or Thanksgiving. We invited a bunch of our friends over on Thanksgiving, and my sister and I gave a whole presentation on what Thanksgiving was about. Some of the people there hadn't even heard of the holiday- just like they hadn't heard of bagels!
What I really missed while we were there was the preparation for Halloween and Thanksgiving- the carving of pumpkins, the costumes, the trick-or-treating, etc. I also missed making paper chains and other decor for these holidays. Another thing was the leaves. The leaves in france barely change color! They either turn a sad brown color and fall of the tree, or they just don't change at all! Now that I'm back, I really appreciate everything that I have. That's why I can't decide which I like best about all of this! If I had to choose one, I would probably say jumping in the leaves with my sister and my cats, or carving pumpkins and going trick-or-treating!
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1343844767

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1343852830

These two amazing creatures were made by Cloud-wolf! Thanks!

Squirrel squirrel :D
vanessa28

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Set It Off » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:28 am

Ohhh wow I love this dog I wish it was real !!!!! 8-) :D :) :thumbup: :mrgreen: :clap: :P :roll:
Set It Off

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tazzmo123 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:33 am

I love about fall is that I jump in all the :) piles of leaves.I love all the colors of the leaves and that everyone is getting ready for all the trick-or-treaters on the 31st of October.
Hi Im TazzMo!!!! Im not on as much but my friend gets on for me cause My internet SUCKS. feel free to trade with me!!
tazzmo123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me