Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Hurricane Hope by Barron

Artist Barron [gallery]
Time spent 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hurricane Hope

Postby Barron » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:53 pm

I know theres a lot of bad weather around the world these days so I posted this picture for people out there who have been hurt or touched by them!! These picture shows trees and stuff covering the ground. It also shows 3 flowers, The first Hope, The Second Love, and The thrid Strength!! I hope everyone stays safe out there!!! I hope I help someone a little bit with these picture, Thank you!! Post your stories here if you had a storm!!! Remember Hope, Love, And Strenght. Together we can be one world and one picture!!

To me, horses and freedom are synonymous.

Barron 1986~2016
Barron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hurricane Hope

Postby ~*BOTDF*~ » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:49 am

Ohh jeez i was in that "hurricane" It ended up being rain and wind. The worst part was the downed trees and loss of power.
Thank you Nikki for the beautiful picture of my cat Delila!
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
~*BOTDF*~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ulysses » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:54 am

All in all the hurricane was still way more destructive than had been predicted. Margaretteville in Upstate NY (The Catskills) was completely flooded, wiped off the map. All the people living there were evacuated, thank god, but the effects of that hurricane were extremely destructive. I wouldn't put it as just rain and wind in that sense; it wasn't so bad for NYC but Irene was horrible for the Catskills. Crops were flooded and the reservoirs overflowed as well. Not to mention that people died.

This oekaki idea is great! I love the circle of trees and the three flowers! Thank you, it means a bunch C:
I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Were and When
And How and Why and Who.
I send them over land and sea,
I send them east and west;
And after they have worked for me,
I give them all a rest.

I let them rest from nine till five,
For I am busy then,
As well as breakfast, lunch, and tea,
For they are hungry men.

But different folk have different views;
I know a person small~
She keeps ten million serving-men,
Who get no rest at all!
She sends 'em abroad on her own affairs,
From the second she opens her eyes
One million Hows, two million Wheres,
And seven million Whys!
-Rudyard Kipling
Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~*BOTDF*~ » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Ulysses wrote:All in all the hurricane was still way more destructive than had been predicted. Margaretteville in Upstate NY (The Catskills) was completely flooded, wiped off the map. All the people living there were evacuated, thank god, but the effects of that hurricane were extremely destructive. I wouldn't put it as just rain and wind in that sense; it wasn't so bad for NYC but Irene was horrible for the Catskills. Crops were flooded and the reservoirs overflowed as well. Not to mention that people died.

This oekaki idea is great! I love the circle of trees and the three flowers! Thank you, it means a bunch C:

I realize this, when i said that, it was because i live in CT and here thats what we got. I do realize that people died, and many bad things happened however if people evacuated away from the areas less lives would have been lost. I live by a huge major river and it got so high that i almost had water to my street, about 4-6 miles away from the river. So it was the flooding and power that was the worst here. When i said that i was only wind and rain i did not mean to be offensive to anyone who got hurt or killed in the hurricane

:/
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
~*BOTDF*~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ulysses » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:05 pm

~*BOTDF*~ wrote:
Ulysses wrote:All in all the hurricane was still way more destructive than had been predicted. Margaretteville in Upstate NY (The Catskills) was completely flooded, wiped off the map. All the people living there were evacuated, thank god, but the effects of that hurricane were extremely destructive. I wouldn't put it as just rain and wind in that sense; it wasn't so bad for NYC but Irene was horrible for the Catskills. Crops were flooded and the reservoirs overflowed as well. Not to mention that people died.

I realize this, when i said that, it was because i live in CT and here thats what we got. I do realize that people died, and many bad things happened however if people evacuated away from the areas less lives would have been lost. I live by a huge major river and it got so high that i almost had water to my street, about 4-6 miles away from the river. So it was the flooding and power that was the worst here. When i said that i was only wind and rain i did not mean to be offensive to anyone who got hurt or killed in the hurricane

Sorry if I was condescending... hope you and your family are alright.
And How and Why and Who.
I give them all a rest.

For I am busy then,
For they are hungry men.

I know a person small~
Who get no rest at all!
And seven million Whys!
-Rudyard Kipling
Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MIND_FANG » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:11 pm

I haven't had a hurricane down here in Texas since Ike. But we're experiencing bad wildfires. :c
MIND_FANG

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~*BOTDF*~ » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Ulysses wrote:
~*BOTDF*~ wrote:

Sorry if I was condescending... hope you and your family are alright.

On no we are totally fine, i said that because i thought you were offended xD
~*BOTDF*~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ulysses » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:16 pm

~*BOTDF*~ wrote:

I shall spam no more, but I'm glad you're not offended and I'm not offended and now all shall be well! *waves wand of peace and out bursts a nice rainbow* XD
And How and Why and Who.
I give them all a rest.

For I am busy then,
For they are hungry men.

I know a person small~
Who get no rest at all!
And seven million Whys!
-Rudyard Kipling
Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~*BOTDF*~ » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:25 am

Ulysses wrote:
~*BOTDF*~ wrote:

I shall spam no more, but I'm glad you're not offended and I'm not offended and now all shall be well! *waves wand of peace and out bursts a nice rainbow* XD

A double rainbow :D
~*BOTDF*~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me