Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

How to color/draw like This!! :D by Crum

Artist Crum [gallery]
Time spent 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by daanny

How to color/draw like This!! :D

Postby Crum » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:59 am

How this works:
Follow the descriptive steps on this post. Click color me in to see drawings that go along with the steps. There are also 2 outlines or stuff for you to color in yourself, plus you can finish this one too! (or make your own)

Step 1: Sketch
Sketch an outline of what you are going to make on a different layer than you are coloring on.
Step 2: Fill In
Slap some paint in the outlines (on a different layer!). There can be holes. It can just be scribbly because we will fix it up later.
Step 3: Shade
Scribble in 1-3 colors of shade. It will be fixed dont worry. You can also use the burn and dodge tools too.
Step 4: Blend
This is when everything starts looking pretty! Take the blend tool and make it fairly small, around 10 (depending on how big your picture is) and just go along the colors, filling them in, making them blend together. Fill in all of the white spots, staying in the lines still. This part takes a little bit of practice. ;)
Step 5: Detail
Add some details to the picture. Like eyes, horns, mouth, nose.. also clean up some mistakes.

Yep... xP
Crum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me