Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

STOP ASIA BEAR FARMING by rainy.txt

Artist rainy.txt [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

STOP ASIA BEAR FARMING

Postby rainy.txt » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:02 pm

In Asia, there is a industry called bear farming. You may think that bear farming is just a farm that breeds bears, but, no, that is not what a bear farm is. A bear farm, is, what you could say, bears' living hell. In China traditional medicine, there is a really precious kind of ingredient, called bear bile. In the olden days, bear bile is used for fevers, coughs, make your eyesight better, and so on. To get this precious kind of medicine, hunters go into the forests where the moon bears (also know as asian black bears) live, and kill them for the bile. Nowadays, the chinese goverment built bear farms to produce a sturdy supply of bear bile, and that is how the poor bears suffer. The farmers stick a metal tube into the bears' bile, and two times a day they squeeze the bile out of the bears. (P.S: and the bears are still alive!) This is REALLY VERY painful for the bears. Nowadays, we have also found different types of medicine which has the same use as bear bile, but people are still using it. So let us try and stop these cruel things from happening. There is a chinese saying: no sells means no kills. So stop buying these products and let every bear farm in Asia close!
Please help!
- Christa1910
(P.P.S: This is just a random sketch, and the bear paw looks sloppy. Comments and crits are welcome! Also, the blue strings on the hand is the vines, ok? ;)
Let the animals and us hold hands, together, we shall STOP animal cruelty all around the world!
under construction
rainy.txt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: STOP ASIA BEAR FARMING

Postby rainy.txt » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:54 pm

lets stop bear farming! :thumbup:
under construction
rainy.txt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: STOP ASIA BEAR FARMING

Postby rainy.txt » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:31 am

lets save bears! comments and crits r welcome!
under construction
rainy.txt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me