Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Jennifer 'Snohomish' Jones by PrussianInfluence

Artist PrussianInfluence [gallery]
Time spent 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Jennifer 'Snohomish' Jones

Postby PrussianInfluence » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:24 am

This is my charrie Jennifer (Snohomish)....If you watch/read Hetalia, you'll get it..and you'll get the little yellow bird. Anyways....Do not steal or I keel you....>:3....
If you have any suggestions on how I can improve my art by all means, PLEASE tell me! I would love any constructive critisisem ( remember its not about my spelling but the art....), tips, or anything else! <3

Wuv,
The King of The World Milly
Image ImageImage
Hetalia <3
HoNk HoNk : o)

PrussianInfluence

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Jennifer 'Snohomish' Jones

Postby «licorn violet» » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:26 am

Very nice. Only improvements I can think of are to work on making your lines less "sketchy" looking and to try some shading. Other than that, great job! I love the shade of purple you used in her hair. The little bird is very cute. He almost looks like a marshmallow Peep. :3

❝Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.❞

❝Standin' around like a bloody idiot!❞

❝Wave goodbye to ya head, wanka!❞

❝Sniping's a good job, mate.❞

Formerly known as {...wings...}
«licorn violet»

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrussianInfluence » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:32 am

{...wings...} wrote:Very nice. Only improvements I can think of are to work on making your lines less "sketchy" looking and to try some shading. Other than that, great job! I love the shade of purple you used in her hair. The little bird is very cute. He almost looks like a marshmallow Peep. :3

Ok thanks! Do you think you could give me some pointers on shading? ( <Has no knowlegde of shading whatsoever...) And now I really want a marshmallow Peep..Too bad I dont have any..I hope Easter comes soon
Image ImageImage
Hetalia <3
HoNk HoNk : o)

PrussianInfluence

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby «licorn violet» » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:42 am

Welcome. ^_^ Sure I can give some pointers on shading. Imagine that it's a real person/thing that you're drawing and the sun is shining on it. From whatever direction the sun is coming from, the opposite side of the character will have a darker shading, like a shadow. The side that is nearest the light will have a lighter shading or a "shine." For the darker shading, create a new layer and use black to make shadows on the parts where darker shading is needed. Then you can adjust the opacity of the layer to where it looks good enough for you. For the lighter shading, use white and make shines on where the lighter shading is needed. You can use the opacity trick for both types of shading. You can use whatever technique you like, but that's what I do. I'm not entirely too skilled in shading, but I'm getting better. There are some very good artists on here who do amazing shading. My two favorites are Oofay and TheWolfsgirl90. I am not sure whether they are willing to give pointers, but looking at their art can surely teach you a bit. Some of the official site artists are very good too.

I love Peeps. I can eat about 2,359,080,395 boxes of them in a day. xD My favorites are the purple bunnies. :3 I can't wait until Easter either. Hopefully my dad will get me a box of them. *noms imaginary Peep*

❝Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.❞

❝Standin' around like a bloody idiot!❞

❝Wave goodbye to ya head, wanka!❞

❝Sniping's a good job, mate.❞

Formerly known as {...wings...}
«licorn violet»

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups