Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

starry cat by emporio!

Artist emporio! [gallery]
Time spent 20 hours, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
53 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

starry cat

Postby emporio! » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:34 am

sorry for the low key spam ive been up to, i havent rlly been conversating and it leaves me with a wealth of free time to fill with stupid images of cartoon animals. this one rlly isnt anything cause its mostly just me thinking over my own warrior cat lore lol. hope you dont mind me chattering abt it for a bit so i can get a few more thoughts out
the whole thing with snowstars clan is that they dont rlly glorify being wild cats like they do in the og. their "religion" is entirely superstitious ("if i do x thing then the sun will be pleased and we will be warm another week") and focused on survival (excluding the everything with stagheart); sunpelt is sometimes described with a collar because to them, leaving this place and living somewhere warm and safe with a human who will take care of them is basically cat heaven. the light & warmth of the sun is what they worship so even things like artificial lights inside of houses/cars/etc are like. A Big Deal. stagheart's little solar powered light is a big part of why they trust him so fast lol.
despite the general rule being light = good / dark = bad, moonfur isnt ever described as a villain. snowstar tells it like she is being corrupted by the night sky's darkness and sunpelt is fighting to bring her back to the "light." the new moon is when sunpelt momentarily succeeds and brings her sister into the light for a short time (explaining her lack of presence), and the full moon is when moonfur momentarily succeeds and steals sunpelt's light for herself. none of its real obviously (& i got the idea from a story i was told when i was a kid) but snowstar thinks it is and therefore that is the norm with everybody else. pineclaw used to cry whenever he would look at the stars because the idea of that happening with him & his sister was devastating to his tiny cat brain
wow that was a lot of words of nothing thanks for attending and thanks if you didnt attend i appreciate it regardless
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: starry cat

Postby bobthedragon » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:45 am

i love all your things and am so happy you've been drawing so much here lately. putting these all in my mouth rn and nodding along to this lore
bobthedragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby risotto » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:55 am

YES MORE SUNPELT. sooo obsessed with your writing
┌───────────────────┐
rire | it/its | adult
loveless aro
──────
la squadra

TH | art shop
mista enthusiast
risotto nero irl
└───────────────────┘
risotto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:39 am

Going insane about this lore. I love seeing others battle cats works
    maple moment
    call me maple!
    artist, poet, goober
    i <3 warrior cats
    ──────────────────
    the poptart! 🍩
    ──────────────────
    ImageImage
    ──────────────────
    Aetherclan SSG TPO
    SVBs TRMK (HAWKC)
    ──────────────────
    lower the bar cus'
    i'm choking on stardust
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spookytechnokat » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:01 am

Oh I love them. ;_; this is really creative and interesting lore for warriors ocs, I always love seeing people come up with like alternate mythology for the cats.
Adult | they/them | current hyperfixation: FNaF
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
spookytechnokat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me