Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

oak leaves - before the fall by Kayara

Artist Kayara [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

oak leaves - before the fall

Postby Kayara » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:47 pm

This didn't take as long as the timer says it does, I was very distracted at times but also deciding if I wanted to do something just so or, alternatively, just so. I changed her eye color four different times my goodness.

I want to do more expression work. As you can see, I once again opted for the eyes to look straight into the soul yet it's mostly a blank stare but for a few things on the face that might convince you otherwise. I don't think it's an entirely vacant expression but it's not very evocative and this bothers me - she looks very chill about having a black eye. ANYWAY Thank you for your time.
new character maybe ???? I was imagining so many different things while I made this it's almost impossible not to
I’m Kay, and I’m fascinated with animals. If you can swallow pills, you're cooler than me. When I lurk, it's to chat with my friend or perhaps contribute to the oekaki boards ;]
other: pentecostal/apostolic, she/her|introvert/INFP-T|❤️❤️💖|TH|Art shop|pic credit
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: oak leaves - before the fall

Postby ♥ mizu » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:06 pm

oh my gosh, i love the colours here :D the eyes really carry the pink from the hair and make it pop. also the TEXTURE ON THE LIPS AND LEAVES ESPECIALLY? omg. like it's very detailed. i love it! the composition and shading are amazing, great job kay!
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kayara » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:31 pm

♥ mizu wrote:oh my gosh, i love the colours here :D the eyes really carry the pink from the hair and make it pop. also the TEXTURE ON THE LIPS AND LEAVES ESPECIALLY? omg. like it's very detailed. i love it! the composition and shading are amazing, great job kay!

oWo thank you so much!! Pink eyes are so interesting. In real life, we have white rabbits and other albino animals that sport that physical characteristic naturally while in media, pink/red eyes can convey a lot of things about a character, from vampires to the cutesy-est fairy/fairy-like human. In this gal's case, I wanted that to be part of her story. There is something hidden from her, lying dormant right under her nose.
Also thanks for the leaf appreciation, 🫶 it was a last-minute addition because PINK AND GREEN IS A GOOD COMBO idc what some people say about it, roses, Christmas, matcha-strawberry?? grow up you guys. /ref /j sorry, not directed at you at all lol. anyway
tysm again <33 ^^
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nerve » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:11 pm

I know the expression was a point of concern but the face has so much character on it,s own an abundance of emotion would merely be a distraction. What a lovely d & d character. /j
This is lovely. The way you draw noses never fails to draw out my envy. Stunning.
I have requested account deletion and am therefore not taking trades.
Currently watching: Bigtop Burger for the 8th time.

Nerve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tuxedo Mask » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:38 am

This is incredible!
Tuxedo Mask

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kayara » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:52 am

Nerve wrote:
I know the expression was a point of concern but the face has so much character on it,s own an abundance of emotion would merely be a distraction. What a lovely d & d character. /j
This is lovely. The way you draw noses never fails to draw out my envy. Stunning.

Aww really?? I appreciate that so much you have no idea, I’m glad you can see what I was going for owo
LOL she really could be. Definitely have a very fantasy/adventure storyline in mind for her. Thank you 🥺 I tried making the nose bridge have a bit of a curve near the brow and I haven’t fully decided how I feel about the effect or whether I succeeded but overall I’m pretty happy with the highlights on the end of her nose and nostril. Thank you, dear <33
KingOfTheWildThings wrote:This is incredible!

<3
Thank you so much !! :D
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me