Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Flaghound and Wardog refs by watercliff

Artist watercliff [gallery]
Time spent 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Flaghound and Wardog refs

Postby watercliff » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:15 pm

will be figuring out some patterns and genetics with these lines for an upcoming species(s) that ive been working on for waaay too long. these pups are mildly related to each other and come from a story/roleplay that has been worked on for over 10 years and im beyond excited to try to get these guys started. they are like average dogs but not from earth idk you know the edgy basics

Jotunheimr Flaghounds are mainly used for chasing prey, their usually low-held tails will flag up into the air as they close in on the animal, allowing their hunter and other companions to better track the running prey. these dogs are fast and full of energy, their deep chests allow for large lungs and they have adaptations in their hips and shoulders to withstand running at top speed for prolonged times. while not often used for hunting anymore, these dogs are excellent racers or home companions. their bark is more of a screaming yodel noise like a distorted coyote that carries through nearly any medium, even solid stone.

Jotunheimr Wardogs (name may change) are mainly used for protection, and as companion dogs to flaghounds. the smallest of these massive beasts average around 200lbs, though they can healthily weigh close to 300lbs depending on their size (there is a shorter legged variety and a short haired). their ears and tails are naturally short and pointed, and the thick mane on their neck is to protect them. while not as fast as the flaghound, the wardog relies on its flaghound to corner or trip the prey so it can finally catch up and hold it down for the hunter. some of these dogs are trained to retrieve and their size and strength make them excellent cart/sleigh dogs. Wardogs, despite their name, are exceptionally friendly and are wonderful "nanny" dogs, and will do anything to protect their tiny masters. big, all-round anything dog, good for families, livestock, sleds theyre just happy to be involved
⚣ π’―π‘œπ’·π“Ž ⚣
────────────
Blep

Blap

β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

Don't you Fear, for a Comin' are the Heroes

Sinner Forged in the Heat of a Hellfire
Sinner Born in the Flame
To Defend our Home from the Comin' Blight

β”‚