Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

pretty little things wilt away by -chirp-

Artist -chirp- [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
56 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

pretty little things wilt away

Postby -chirp- » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:29 pm

when i was young, really young, my neighbor got me a bird for my birthday. i named him brandy. im not sure where i got that name from if im being honest, but he was such a brandy blue bird. a few months later my brother got jealous i had a bird and he didn’t, so my parents got him one as well. enter jinx, who we were never able to properly gender because her cere was constantly changing as she grew. my brother called her a girl, so it stuck.
    we were both young though, and im sure you can see where this is going. we never took care of them properly and that responsibility feel onto my parents, who didn’t really want them in the first place. about 2 years of having, give or take, my mom got ahold of a sweet old lady who had taken care of birds her whole life. we gave them to her and for a while she gave my parents updates about how they were doing, and then they just tapered off. i still feel guilty for how these two were treated in our care though.
    dont get me wrong, we weren’t mean to them, they had fresh food and water every day and a clean cage at least once a week. but they were socially neglected by me and my brother. i dont think he ever talked to them, and only once in a blue moon would i spend time talking to them until my short 6 yro attention span got distracted. as an adult now, i sometimes wish my parents had never agreed for my neighbor to get me a bird. but that experience taught me a lot and im glad that they got sent to a nice lady.

dont get you or your kids, if you have any, a bird unless you are 100% ready and responsible enough for it. theyre a lot of work. they need constant attention when youre home. they need love and care just like any other pet, not to be locked in a cage and ignored. they need to fly. and not everyone is willing or ready to provide that.

on a more lighter note, ive been doing some heavy research into conures and one day, most-definitely years from now, when i get a house or apartment im thinking about getting one.

chirp
he/they/she
bisexual
est time
— - - —
credit me @ th
art shop
— - - —
beautiful avatar @ woebegone
sig pixels @ me
-chirp-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: pretty little things wilt away

Postby arcadia. » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:07 am

ahhhhh crane wives reference /vpos!!
    I totally agree with you, birds can be hard work! if you really want a bird, I would suggest with starting with poultry, specifically chickens, if you are able 🙂

───── ❝ the sea said goodbye to the shore
    so the sun wouldn't notice ─────xxx
    e + she her + artist + omam
    currently reading:
    down among the sticks and bones

arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -chirp- » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:31 am

arcadia. wrote:
    I totally agree with you, birds can be hard work! if you really want a bird, I would suggest with starting with poultry, specifically chickens, if you are able 🙂

i have been heavy binging crane wives lmao, i love them so much

oh trust me i dont plan to get a bird for qt least 10 more years. ive got a long way to go, both financiallyand space wise, until i get a bird. ive actually been taking care of chickens on and off for years now bc my neighbors have some and they let me go over and help out whenever id like!! theyre some stinky birds lol but i love how diverse the feathers on chickens can be.

chirp
he/they/she
bisexual
est time
— - - —
credit me @ th
art shop
— - - —
beautiful avatar @ woebegone
sig pixels @ me
-chirp-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcadia. » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:15 pm

-chirp- wrote:
arcadia. wrote:

oh trust me i dont plan to get a bird for qt least 10 more years. ive got a long way to go, both financiallyand space wise, until i get a bird. ive actually been taking care of chickens on and off for years now bc my neighbors have some and they let me go over and help out whenever id like!! theyre some stinky birds lol but i love how diverse the feathers on chickens can be.

I have also been binging them I swear every waking hour. right now it’s ‘ribs’ on repeat for me c:

amazing that your neighbors can let you hang out with their chooks!
    if you wanna see some cool feathering, look up there breeds!
    silver penciled rock
    blue laced gold Wyandotte
    Swedish flower hen
    gold laced polish
    !!!
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -chirp- » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:57 pm

arcadia. wrote:
-chirp- wrote:
arcadia. wrote:

I have also been binging them I swear every waking hour. right now it’s ‘ribs’ on repeat for me c:

amazing that your neighbors can let you hang out with their chooks!
    if you wanna see some cool feathering, look up there breeds!
    silver penciled rock
    blue laced gold Wyandotte
    Swedish flower hen
    gold laced polish
    !!!

hehe allies or enemy’s was on repeat for 2 hours yesterday :>

oh i love the gold laced :O
    my personal favorites are the brahmas, padovanas, and ameraucanas <33

chirp
he/they/she
bisexual
est time