Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

180° by BornFromAshes

Artist BornFromAshes [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

180°

Postby BornFromAshes » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:21 pm

probably not a complete 180 but, old boy farkas has a completely new identity and a solid(ish) background
threw out the name, didn't like it really. it sounded too harsh and was a little too on-the-nose when it came to wolf themes.. also threw that hound thing out too lol

for reference, this was his original design 1 and his redesign before this one 2. and i've really never experienced such frustration with a character's previous designs before that i almost tossed the whole thing out entirely (":

thankfully, with the advent of lovely marcus and my inclination to #1; constantly torment my characters and #2; try to figure out how magic would actually be channeled in real life, we have Aeron now!

now i want to draw him all angry and soft aaa

a good amount of information is included in his reference, but here is everything & more below if you like to read!

~~~

Aeron ;
male - 24~? - tiefling
aggressive (fear)
blunt
guarded/cagey

his tail is fully armored in hellish steel / infernal alloy, which is bolted directly to his bones. it weighs roughly 40~ pounds, and while it makes an incredible weapon when used properly, it is weighty and strains his spine a lot. often drags behind him, which sounds like chains dragging.

he has bat-like ears! they're great for hearing you, but not listening

all of his scars are inspired from the actual human nervous system, with some exceptions for flare (: on to this pertinent detail..

Aeron was part of a quad of assassins, affectionately known as Kerberos. (Cerberus/Kerberos, of Greek mythos, had three heads traditionally and a snake tail. Consider Aeron the serpent tail) hell always needs killers, and they were particularly skilled at blending in with humans and were eventually sold off to a unknown government agency on earth. This agency didn't have much use for assassins in particular, but what they had an interest in was harnessing magic. Because all but Aeron were traditionally from the hells, they had limited but strong infernal magic. Aeron, however, seemed to lack any ability to harness magic, but rather, it was discovered he was a sort of conduit or amplifier for magic. through him, the other members of kerberos were able to draw deeper into the well of arcana, and push out even greater forces of energy.

one way or another, this was pushed too far. too much began to be pulled, and in an inquiry to see what would happen, aeron was subsequently burnt up. Culled, perhaps. All of his magical potential, the glimpses that he could touch or feel: gone, drained, incinerated. Not even the most basic human being is without some sense of magic, but Aeron now knew the chill of a void, and then a royal anger that didn't stop after he "got rid of" the other members of Kerberos. It hasn't stopped, even now that he's technically "free" but in hiding. Powerful people still want him, and don't take lightly to their experiments running off... and taking down an entire league of scientists in a rage-induced frenzy with bare hands and a metal-fused tail.. but honestly, can you blame him?

on another note
marcus is horrified of him, because of the complete absense of anything magic near or within him. he's almost anti-magic, in a sense, a void that absorbs residual magic in the air.
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me