Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

timebomb by BornFromAshes

Artist BornFromAshes [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
32 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

timebomb

Postby BornFromAshes » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:21 am

them,, oh man
i didn't have a clue where this let's make a character was going to go, but dang
they're fantastic
i love their design so much ;;u;

i'd like to have y'all meet Rylen! They're the most recent member of my archdevil group, which includes Laila, Vivienne, Adelrun, and Amon (so far)
made them with the help of some of the community here.. so thank you for this!!

a little info if you want to read!
Rylen is nonbinary/gender neutral amab!

They were born fairly human looking, but through a rough-and-tumble attitude, petty crime, and some street fighting small dormant archdevil cells were slowly awakened through "disruptive" behavior. Think of these cells, if they are dormant, like certain white blood cells. Once they woke up, they began to multiply and infiltrate all aspects of their body, which triggered further transformations and developments.

These were not painful transformations in anyway, just like growth pains but you grow extra limbs. Strange, but not uncommon in the humanoid world--but it did ostracize them from their "friend group" in highschool and eventually, because of their violent-ish outbursts, they left home in a backwards attempt to protect their family from further backlash. It worked very poorly in the long run, because the stress mutated certain cells which gave them hardened skin which grows across their back, which is very stone-like and painful. This has caused two of their larger wings needing to be amputated to prevent infection or damage to the spinal cord, as well as a semi-permanent halt on their street fights...

Rylen met Laila through a street fight, actually! She earned money sporadically through underground fight rings, as did Rylen for a while. They are kind of friends? Frenemies, really, although Rylen cares a lot about Laila and her fiery condition, as Laila does in turn about Rylen's stone-like growths.

Rylen has been dubbed the "Gargoyle Archdevil" because of their hard skin, small tail, and little wings; but because it is not a mutation that directly affects the external world and people, they are classified as a non-threat and is rarely monitored by the government because of this. All archdevils are, in some way, monitored because they are anomalous humanoids, but some are very elusive and difficult to track down.

remind me not to try to tackle a huge rendered sketch page right before thanksgiving break.. it's made me not want to do any of my other work .....
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me