Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

duskclan by lullaby

Artist lullaby [gallery]
Time spent 39 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by lullaby

duskclan

Postby lullaby » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:54 am

As the sun began to lower, the creatures began to rise. Eyes gleamed behind thin trees, and the cool breeze carried pine needles across the frozen forest floor. Above the thin canopies, the often shutter of an owl would send down a feather, subtly threatening all the forest creatures of what was to come. In the air, the beat of a hawk’s wing split through the quiet forest. If you watched closely, the light overhead would flicker as you took a breath, and then be still as you released it as an icy cloud. If you bothered to look up, you might’ve been lucky to see small figures stream across the branches high in the trees, obscured by the clusters of thin needles. As quiet of efforts these figures made, it was proven futile - or fruitful - as a desperate cry alarmed the inhabitants of the forest, followed by the swift beating of struggling wings. As sudden as the peace broke in the forest, it reconciled. A thump could be heard in the distance, followed by another, and then multiple. Just like the clusters of needles on the thin branches of the forest’s trees, a mass of cats dropped from the trees after the limp body of a hawk, nimbly landing on the forest floor as quietly as the falling needles. As a collection, a chain of intense stares trained on you as they detected an unfamiliar presence. One glare was all you needed to know — these were no random bunch of rogues.

◉ DUSKCLAN ◉

finally getting around to creating drawings of my warriors and all the kitties in it! i've been working on my clan, characters, stories, and plot since i was a freshman in high school (i'm in college now what??) and i'm so excited to share what i've created with anyone willing to stick around and look! :]

p.s. please move this topic if it's in the wrong board, i really wasn't sure where to put it under but i'm wanting to share the world building i've created for duskclan through posts under this topic!

lulu . adult . she/her . taken :o] . <3 . art credit!!
lullaby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

duskclan info

Postby lullaby » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:55 am

🌑 Qualities, Weaknesses, and Interactions 🌑

The cats of Duskclan thrive in the moonlight. Though they’re no formidable fighters alone, they can easily overpower any enemy when working together.

These cats are nimble and light-stepped. They do their hunting when the sun sinks below the trees. With a special eye and comfort to the low-lit forest, these cats confidentially prefer to scout through the treetops at dusk.

In any fight or battle, these cats would take the advantage of stealth, agility, and - if the circumstances would allow it - a sharp eye in the dark.

Their weaknesses would be their lack of strength to take on bigger cats or animals as an individual. They’re strongest whenever they’re working as a team. Because they find themselves more efficient hunters and fighters at night, they’re not nearly as good in the light as they are in the dark.

🌑 Prey, Territory, and Threats 🌑

Duskclan lives in a coniferous forest on the lower levels of northern mountains. Their territory consists of thin and thick trunk trees, though thinner trees make up the majority of their forest. Leaf-fall and leaf-bare in Duskclan’s home are snowy and bitterly cold. Even so, the seasons of new-leaf and green-leaf push frosty, spiky winds.

The prey residing in Duskclan’s territory consists of the common prey animals. This includes mice, rabbits, squirrels, and birds.
Duskclan’s main prey are squirrels, weasels, and small birds, but often enough, a hunting patrol will drag back a hawk or two - and if the patrol’s big enough, they may catch the uncommon owl.

If the mountain weather wasn’t harsh enough for a soft cat to confront, Duskclan also faces the constant threat from other predators and scavengers.

Bears, wolves, raccoons, eagles, foxes, and owls constantly threaten the cats of Duskclan and push at their borders. Though these wild clan cats are fierce, some animals outmatch them by far. If a bigger animal - such as a bear - were to raid the clan’s territory or camp in the cooler months, Duskclan may have to resort to fleeing from their home until the threat passes.

Duskclan believes that the little white orbs speckling the sky at night are mini-moons, placed there by Dream-Walkers to light Duskclan's hunting grounds at night. If these mini-moons were to be addressed as a whole, they'd be named as Polarpelt.

🌑 Beliefs and Rankings 🌑

In the ancient times whenever Duskclan was found, a loner chased from their home had been led by the vague memory of a misty, star-speckled cat visiting them in their dreams. The starry cat led the loner to current Duskclan territory and urged the loner to find other cats pushed away from their homes and form what was current day Duskclan. Inspired by these mysterious cats that appeared to them in their sleeping minds, Duskclan dubbed them Dream-Walkers.

Dream-Walkers to Duskclan were spirits of cats from ancient times, guiding the clan as their overdue legacies. Duskclan looks to Dream-Walkers for all of their troubles and conflicts, upholding the hazy memories as wise and all-knowing beings.

The choosing of medicine cats: Duskclan's medicine cat is believed to be the reincarnation of a Dream-Walker. Therefore, they must have a special dream or vision from Dream-Walkers to become a medicine cat. If a Dream-Walker visits a cat's dreams to tell them that their destiny is to become a medicine cat, that same Dream-Walker or another will visit the leader of Duskclan prior to tell them of it. It is believed that these reincarnations had previous abilities of healing once in their past lives, and as a medicine cat ages, the memories of their past herb knowledge come back to them.

The choosing of deputies: Leaders of Duskclan don't choose their deputies. Instead, they go to the highest peak of their territory, on a frosty jagged stone, and ask for advice from the Dream-Walkers. A single Dream-Walker will come down to meet the leader, and as the representative of all the Dream-Walkers, will inform the leader of the clan's next deputy, to which it becomes the leader's responsibility to appoint the cat and announce to the clan what the Dream-Walkers have said.

The making of leaders: Once a deputy's destiny arrives to become a leader, they will travel to the highest point of Duskclan's territory, to a frosty, jagged stone, and touch their nose to the cool rock. Immediately they'll be sent into a sleeping state, where several Dream-Walkers will visit them. Nine Dream-Walkers will merge with the deputy, making the cat a vessel of the sorts. These Dream-Walkers are believed by Duskclan to be nine of history's fiercest and bravest cats, all uniting to become one. They all represent one life and skill, and bestow the knowledge of each nine ancestor's past lives to the deputy. As soon as the deputy wakes up from the dream, they will return to their clanmates as Duskclan's new leader.

lullaby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: duskclan

Postby lullaby » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:34 am

last res!

lullaby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me