Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

clawroline redesign by GalactaKnight

Artist GalactaKnight [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

clawroline redesign

Postby GalactaKnight » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:21 pm

okok so i know i've complained about this multiple times but GOD I HATE CLAWROLINE'S DESIGN. WORST KIRBY CHARACTER EVER. SO MUCH WASTED POTENTIAL. ALSO WHY IS SHE BUILT LIKE A FURRY BAIT POKÉMON. her exaggerated proportions are weird. but otherwise, she's just an hourglass-shaped anthro leopard. nothing else special about her besides purple eyeliner. so i tried to fix that as best as i could....with a redesign!!

one of the main things that bothers me about clawroline's design is the fact that she's very...out of place...i mean, she's supposed to be in a circus in some run-down theme park, right?? then why doesn't she look like it at ALL!? compared to the other designs from forgotten land, who all look sort of feral, her sleek look makes her stand out. and not in a good way. so i made her FLUFFY!!! very fluffy,, and a little matted!! plus, i gave her a few star and ringed planet shaped markings to fit the outer space theme of wondaria!

right before clawroline's boss fight, she wears a super cool cape, but then she THROWS IT OFF!!! NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN!!!! so i gave it back to her for this design! i even gave her a little bowtie, top hat, and magic wand as well to make her look like a magician :3

speaking of that magic wand, this might just be a me problem, but the fact that clawroline shoots her claws out like arrows makes me very...uncomfortable....so i changed that too! now she has a magic wand that shoots out knives when she waves it!

so yeah long story short clawroline design bad

also i might make a phantom clawroline version of this later cuz i have a good idea for it
guys i love magolor
i love magolor AAAAHH
aeon / gala / autumn
he / it

galacta knight and shiny espeon kinnie ::3
im also spacekin !! literally an alien irl o_0
꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷⚙️🥚💫꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷
proud to be cs' #1 magolor fan !!
i am also quite the enjoyer of outer space , idogs , cartoon network , body horror , breakcore , and fifth wave emo
Image Image
Image Image
GalactaKnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: clawroline redesign

Postby Ephras » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:46 pm

I looked up the og design and omg this is so much better like at first i thought the og design was from spyro but this design i can see being in kirby! They are so so fluffy and the spots are a little subtle but work really well! (After looking at her more and seeing the other characters design she just looks so out of place and yours matches a lot better)

・゜-: ✧☾✧☽✧ :-゜・.✧.・゜-: ✧☾✧☽✧ :-゜・

.・゜-: ✧☾He/she/they☽✧ :-゜・.
・゜-: Chech out my oekaki for shop+a few adopts! :-゜・
・゜-: Commisions open! :-゜・
・゜-: Feel free to chat about fandoms with me! :-゜・
・゜-: FR-: ✧☾✧☽✧ :-TH :-゜・
・゜-: Check out their commissions!:-゜・

・゜-: ✧☾✧☽✧ :-゜・.✧.・゜-: ✧☾✧☽✧ :-゜・
Ephras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GalactaKnight » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:44 pm

Ephras wrote:I looked up the og design and omg this is so much better like at first i thought the og design was from spyro but this design i can see being in kirby! They are so so fluffy and the spots are a little subtle but work really well! (After looking at her more and seeing the other characters design she just looks so out of place and yours matches a lot better)

AJDJLKFDJK OMG THANK YOUU!!!?? now that you mention it she DOES kinda look like a spyro character--

i tried to make sure this design could pass as a kirby character, and i'm so glad you think it could!! :DD
guys i love magolor
i love magolor AAAAHH
aeon / gala / autumn
he / it

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷⚙️🥚💫꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷
i am also quite the enjoyer of outer space , idogs , cartoon network , body horror , breakcore , and fifth wave emo
Image Image
Image Image
GalactaKnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WoahIts_BLuE! » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:33 pm

CLAWROLINE!!! I'VE BEEN MEANING TO DRAW HERR I LOVE HER SM!! Poor girl isn't allowed to just exist </3

You made her design so much better fr, THE NAILS ON THE OG ONEE ARE THE WORSTTT!! and her CAPE!? give it back!!

I rlly like her concept and the way I've seen her act in game but they really did her dirty in the design area, literally would love her sm if she looked like this in game I ADORE the little heart marking on her head!!
ImageImage
ImageImage
WoahIts_BLuE!
Dakota, It/any, genderfluid, neptunic, and an absolute wreck <3

I'm pretty scared of everyone, but nonetheless love interactions!
Please shoot me a message or a trade :3
/ᐠ .ᆺ. ᐟ\
WoahIts_BLuE!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby baking-bugs » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:55 am

YEAAA GOOD CLAWROLINE ART ! ! ! i'm a bit fond of her & the rest of the beast council, but man her design was just tragic. aside from me praying that she gets a more notable role than being bait { & i was very glad when i got to post-game } her design is just,, so Plain,, leongar too why does it seem like they put the smallest amount of effort in their designs
    i definitely agree that she should've kept the cape & hat, & making her spots look like stars & planets for wondaria is such a cool idea ! ! i also like that u added a bit more purple to her design & the heart marking on her forehead =-D snatching some of these ideas for my own clawroline design if u don't mind o3o
baking-bugs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GalactaKnight » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:43 am

WoahIts_BLuE! wrote:CLAWROLINE!!! I'VE BEEN MEANING TO DRAW HERR I LOVE HER SM!! Poor girl isn't allowed to just exist </3

You made her design so much better fr, THE NAILS ON THE OG ONEE ARE THE WORSTTT!! and her CAPE!? give it back!!

I rlly like her concept and the way I've seen her act in game but they really did her dirty in the design area, literally would love her sm if she looked like this in game I ADORE the little heart marking on her head!!

TYSM BRO!!! tbh i didn't notice the marking was heart-shaped until you pointed it out..
I 100% AGREE her concept is so cool and if it wasn't for her design she would probably be one of my favorite characters,,,bUT THE DESIGN RUINED EVERYTHING RAHHH
baking-bugs wrote:
    YEAAA GOOD CLAWROLINE ART ! ! ! i'm a bit fond of her & the rest of the beast council, but man her design was just tragic. aside from me praying that she gets a more notable role than being bait { & i was very glad when i got to post-game } her design is just,, so Plain,, leongar too why does it seem like they put the smallest amount of effort in their designs
    i definitely agree that she should've kept the cape & hat, & making her spots look like stars & planets for wondaria is such a cool idea ! ! i also like that u added a bit more purple to her design & the heart marking on her forehead =-D snatching some of these ideas for my own clawroline design if u don't mind o3o

THANK YEW!! help i did not notice the heart marking what have i done
yeahh i feel like half of the forgotten land designs are PEAK CHARACTER DESIGN,, then the other half is just..,,plain.?? it sucks :(
and feel free to yoink any ideas i used here, idm at all!! :3c

Last bumped by GalactaKnight on Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:43 am.
guys i love magolor
i love magolor AAAAHH
aeon / gala / autumn
he / it

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷⚙️🥚💫꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷
Image Image
Image Image
GalactaKnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me