Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

To be Artist by River Rain

Artist River Rain [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

To be Artist

Postby River Rain » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:49 am

I feel like for some time I've kinda wanted to talk about this so hecc why not lol.

I always wanted to talk about how I feel being an artist and how I've gotten as far as I have and everything that it's given me and such, and how mind boggling it is with how much I improved over the years. I wanna take this time to just unpack some stuff and motivate other artist to keep going.

A lot of my improvement happened on this site, I started drawing on here back in 2018 with a limited skill and a lot of potential. I worked myself up, trying to do the best I could with the little knowledge of how to even use any sort of art program of any kind (and I started out with DAmuro (yikes). I started comics on here, set goals for myself, experimented a LOT with style lol. Somehow I got here, not exactly sure how, I just did all the things I enjoyed doing and had a lot of motivation to improve and keep going.
This place is a big part of that, it has many amazing people on here with a bunch of positivity. Unlike a lot of socials I think this is one of the few safe spaces for growing artists, and I love that! So let me be another positive person on this site to tell you to keep going, to keep following that goal of yours, to cheer you on and be the best you wanna be in hopes that some day, any day, you will have that goal in the palm of your hand.

Do what you love, and give it all you got. It may be stressful some days, you will struggle at some points, I know I sure have. But if art is what you love you press on.
I remember the time where I couldn't see my cursor on my computer and wasn't able to draw well, did that stop me? For a bit, but it got annoying not being able to draw and post something so I pressed on. Then my computer went and died on me for some reason, did that stop me? Nope, I learned how to draw on my phone with my finger (and I still do sometimes for specific things. Hecc I started out drawing with the track pad with my finger lol. Point is that when things get hard, find another way. Let nothing stop you >:3

I also know there will be days where you feel like all the art you make isn't good, I know, I sure as all hecc been there before. I took a nose dive trying to find myself after my computer died and had to use a new drawing program and technique (being the finger on my phone lol) It was hard and rough, and I am STILL trying to get out of that. It's hard and rough and your motivation will drop. But honestly I just can't keep away from doing something that I love. I know that I will get out of it, and if you're ever in that situation I know you can do the same. Don't let anyone or anything make you give up on what you love to do. Cuz I sure ain't gonna let it.

(also srry if u can't read this or understand a single thing, I have never been the best at writing, the amount of spelling mistakes I had to fix were...too many to count lmao) (I just wanna come on here and spread some positivity because Idk, I feel like people could always use it from time to time and I just really would love to motivate people's goals and passions when it comes to art.)

Anyways I hope everyone has a wonderful day/night. :3
╔═════════════╗

|Henry|He\Him|
|I'm an artist who is trying to
find himself.|
|I do make content on other
platforms|

|Feel free to dm me about
anything! trades, art, etc.|

-inserting quote at some point :b-

╚═════════════╝

River Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: To be Artist

Postby I'm tired » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:45 am

THIS IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!

SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
On Break!!!

I go on once in a while!
My theriotype: Arctic fox
I'm tired

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby updog » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:50 am

very well said, this is definitely something that everyone should be reminding themselves every now and then. & it's so inspiring to see how all artists have improved over the years since it reminds u that everyone has their own process and ways of growing. very beautiful piece as well :)
updog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcadia. » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:06 am

ahhh thank you for this ♥️♥️ so well said 😭✨✨

Last bumped by River Rain on Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:06 am.
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me