Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

sisters by baking-bugs

Artist baking-bugs [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
41 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

sisters

Postby baking-bugs » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:42 am

i haven't drawn these two in a while,, i gotta fix that, but also one problem is my designs for them are outdated as i have some new ideas, so have this thing that i really did not mean to spend that much time on.. it was supposed to be a warmup for something more important i gotta draw... i need to take a break from staring at a screen oh m-

dovewing's not injuried don't worry ! ! thought i'd take some inspiration from the "bleeding-heart dove" as i remember seeing a few designs use that idea & i found it neat; it's vaguely in the shape of a star as i feel like being part of a prophecy since iirc a young apprentice was a bit damaging to her, & a bit of how she took hollyleaf's place as the third cat after holly was believed dead. she also has the same eyes as my hollyleaf design but switched
    i imagine she kinda takes after her mama whitewing & her paternal grandma ferncloud in terms of appearance with the classic short & tubby jake genes, & also gave her four ears for her supernatural hearing, as i saw there are actually a few irl cats with a genetic mutation that gives them four ears !

for ivypool i imagine she takes more after her father birchfall with maternal grandma brightheart's patches, & she has the same eyes as hollyleaf -- both for them being cast aside while their siblings get to be part of a prophecy, & just as a similarity to dovewing. also just thought green eyes would suit her, since poison ivy.
    she's taller & lean compared to her sister, but she's still a bit stocky & has scruffy pointed fur. made her stripes look like branches just bc it looked nice so not much meaning there... maybe smth about the dark forest idk. this was just me putting some of my ideas down, i feel like i should put in just a bit more thought & meaning into their designs -3-
baking-bugs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: sisters

Postby Beep Boop Blorp » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:52 am

AAHHHHHHH I LOVE YOUR DESIGNS FOR THEM
Beep Boop Blorp