Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

crudely drawn wip by FauxFeather

Artist FauxFeather [gallery]
Time spent 9 hours, 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

crudely drawn wip

Postby FauxFeather » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:17 pm

Inspired by this drawing from UnrealReality

should I do anthro (bipedal) or wild (quadrupedal)?

I'm hoping that seeing it posted among my oekaki drawings will psychologically murder me enough to start working on it.

just so i dont forget what this is about.

throne room /// dethroning-usurping /// treason-banished // brother... why?? // you're not worthy -- leave and never return // no one would ever believe you /// potentially based on the demise of rat love? they get such little appreciation, always worth less (ref. 'nothing' --- "you're not worthy to rule blablabla" _ the usurper)

excerpt taken from my rat collection goal story mode:

”All Hail The Rat King!”

FauxFeather wrote:Well, my dear friends… it’s because one day I was in the dungeon (pound) and I saw a beautiful but sad and lonely rat for parole (adoption). He told me his story, of how he was betrayed and made a fool of, how they threw him in the dungeon when he tried to tell people he was the real Rat King. So naturally I bailed him out (adopted him) and took him home, but he was feeling down and so I vowed to not only get him a big family, but to also help him acheive his dream and reacquire the title of king! He already has the crown and attire, so all he needs now is the subjects to rule over. Please help him acheive his goal <3

Does this count as CS fanfiction?
…ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ.. Image Image #LOVEBERKSHIRE (collecting ≠ hoarding)

I wanna collect all pets from 2014 onwards, and all rats from every year.
Give me advice/feedback/criticism on my art!!
Fun fact (I'm freaking hilarious)
also click these stamps for a stamp guide.
ImageImageImageImage

FF's Char Storage

Do NOT trade me. I am on a CS break for the foreseeable future. I shall only log on for finishing my current pending commissions on Oekaki, do NOT send me trades.
Update: I won't be on for longer than I thought.
FauxFeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: crudely drawn wip

Postby Rouvin » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:45 am

Okay I'm late BUT-
I'd personally say anthro for a scene like this... while feral ("wild"/quadrupedal as you call it haha) would work for a scene like this, I think anthro is a bit better- and my reasoning is uhhh... this:

I think it would be easier to show the character holding the sword, while still facing the victim/one they are betraying (at least I believe that is the case here but you can tell me if I'm misinterpreting it lol). While this can somewhat work with feral creatures, they'd normally hold the sword in the mouth and have to tilt their head to the side to properly point it at the other character... which, is fine, but is more awkward to draw and less intimidating, in my experience anyways. Meanwhile with anthro, one character can be towering over the other, sword pointed forward and a look of either pride or anger on their face. Even if the one being the "villain" isn't technically taller than the other, you can have the other somewhat crouched/leaned over in fear and confusion, potentially yelling at the other with the fear of being hurt, if that makes sense.

You... you don't have to read that entire ramble, it probably makes no sense and doesn't help at all, that's just me yeeting my random thoughts into here LOL

"It's about time we finish this 'show'..."
Rouvin - OSDD System (open to questions about that!) - They/it/xe
Commissions open - Art trades open - Requests closed
We do not trade right now! All trades sent to us will be cancelled immediately.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Image | Image
Rouvin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FauxFeather » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:25 pm

UnrealReality wrote:

Okay I'm late BUT-
I'd personally say anthro for a scene like this... while feral ("wild"/quadrupedal as you call it haha) would work for a scene like this, I think anthro is a bit better- and my reasoning is uhhh... this:

I think it would be easier to show the character holding the sword, while still facing the victim/one they are betraying (at least I believe that is the case here but you can tell me if I'm misinterpreting it lol). While this can somewhat work with feral creatures, they'd normally hold the sword in the mouth and have to tilt their head to the side to properly point it at the other character... which, is fine, but is more awkward to draw and less intimidating, in my experience anyways. Meanwhile with anthro, one character can be towering over the other, sword pointed forward and a look of either pride or anger on their face. Even if the one being the "villain" isn't technically taller than the other, you can have the other somewhat crouched/leaned over in fear and confusion, potentially yelling at the other with the fear of being hurt, if that makes sense.

You... you don't have to read that entire ramble, it probably makes no sense and doesn't help at all, that's just me yeeting my random thoughts into here LOL

Omg thank you for the advice!!!! I'll definitely do anthro <333 (Also gonna be good practice for bipedal characters since I find them difficult)

ALSO WDYM "it probably makes no sense and doesn't help at all" THIS HELPS SO MUCH OMG THANK YOU!?! I had the same thoughts, which was why I wasn't certain about it. But your 'ramble' as you call it helped me decide AAAAH i lOve you (platonically)
…ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ.. Image Image #LOVEBERKSHIRE (collecting ≠ hoarding)

I wanna collect all pets from 2014 onwards, and all rats from every year.
Give me advice/feedback/criticism on my art!!
Fun fact (I'm freaking hilarious)
also click these stamps for a stamp guide.
ImageImageImageImage

FF's Char Storage

Do NOT trade me. I am on a CS break for the foreseeable future. I shall only log on for finishing my current pending commissions on Oekaki, do NOT send me trades.
Update: I won't be on for longer than I thought.
FauxFeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rouvin » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:55 pm

FauxFeather wrote:Omg thank you for the advice!!!! I'll definitely do anthro <333 (Also gonna be good practice for bipedal characters since I find them difficult)

ALSO WDYM "it probably makes no sense and doesn't help at all" THIS HELPS SO MUCH OMG THANK YOU!?! I had the same thoughts, which was why I wasn't certain about it. But your 'ramble' as you call it helped me decide AAAAH i lOve you (platonically)

Ah, okie!

Of course hahah,,,, I wasn't sure if I was giving good advice or not so I just, threw that in there just in case it was no use at all or made no sense HHHH-

"It's about time we finish this 'show'..."
Rouvin - OSDD System (open to questions about that!) - They/it/xe
Commissions open - Art trades open - Requests closed
We do not trade right now! All trades sent to us will be cancelled immediately.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Image | Image
Rouvin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me