Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

i'm the right one by black water

Artist black water [gallery]
Time spent 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

i'm the right one

Postby black water » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:38 pm

this drawing is an excuse for me to talk about sho!!! cuz i don't wanna force anyone to listen ❤️

i think that sho's everything is soooo so interesting?? cuz he's just a boy. like he's just a kid who desperately wanted his father's attention, a father who once cared about his son till sho just couldn't stand for him anymore. despite all that confidence and playfulness he gives off, he's still that young boy wanting to impress and show off to his father, to be something he can feel proud of again. cuz how's this boy supposed to know where he went wrong! how's he gonna really know not to blame himself for his father disappearing on his family in favor of ruling the world!!!

even his intense strength as an esper can't catch his attention long enough. instead, toichiro prides his members of claw and harnesses their powers just to take himself to the highest position. he focuses so much attention on his strongest fighters, and subsequently shutting out sho in the process.

and even despite it all! even after fighting his dad and begging him to realize where he's wrong! he's still concerned with what happens to toichiro, with where he goes after he's handcuffed. sho still wants to make sure his father is okay because he still wants to be loved and to feel the care from his father that he once had.

i also think that even though sho is pretty forgiving and he seems to enjoy serizawa's company, he'd also be very envious of him and other members of claw, at least for a little bit. probably for the fact that they get to walk free and act like nothing happened, that it's all in the past, and that they're all changed now because they claim so. they did bad things too so why aren't they facing the repercussions kinda deal! and ofc people can change, but how's he supposed to cope with seeing all these people who worked with his dad get to be free while toichiro is behind bars! he knows he deserves it, knows it's for the better but sho's bound to want to be able to see his dad again like they used to be. but he does definitely come to that realization that serizawa is one of the few people who genuinely cared for him, who gave him that attention even though he had been so envious his father provided it to serizawa in the past.

and yea i bet sho would still have all these conflicting feelings for his dad bc yea he loves him but how can he love a person who's hurt so many! tried to destroy the whole world and take it down to its barest state. visiting his dad in jail can only go so far and probably even then it ends in frustrating conversations or hurtful words being exchanged.

don't get me started on sho fighting beside toichiro again also!!! cuz it's probably one of the few times he gets to see his dad not behind a barrier of some kind. and it's got him wracked with nerves but still wanting to be standing at his side so so badly. when he sees toichiro readying up to sacrifice himself, he's probably so terrified and feels so small calling out for him to turn around. more scared than anything and is probably caught up in all the relief that rushes through him when toichiro actually listens for once.

one final thing is that i think it's really interesting how sho cuts his hair real short at the end. resembles his dad! lol! kind of almost the same buzz cut and everything

at the end of the day. sho's got a lot of complexities that don't get really delved into and i think it needs to be talked about some more!!! all of the characters truly have so much that i could go into sooo much detail about but i shan't
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand
there's no need
to be brave