Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

OFFPOSSUM OPEN SPECIES INTEREST CHECK by redskyharbinger

Artist redskyharbinger [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
59 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

OFFPOSSUM OPEN SPECIES INTEREST CHECK

Postby redskyharbinger » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:38 pm

hi :) ive been thinking of this for ages, and ive finally come up with something semi presentable for the general public. these guys would be an open species, meaning anyone can make one for free :) they will have a discord server with weekly drawing/writing/etc prompts, games, events, and other things ive yet to come up with! they would also have the occasional artist adopt, that can be either free or paid. in most events and games, there will be prizes in the form of offpossum design, or alternatively, art of some sort, but i am still working on that! anyone is allowed to participate as long as they have at least one offpossum that is done on the base (which will come soon! what you see here is just a rough sketch :D) and the focus of the whole thing would be buildig a small community and finding friends, as well as developing your characters :0)
also even tho anyone will be allowed to make one of these, i would like to ask you to refrain from doing so until their official release! but if you want to make something similar, i can not and will not stop you! just have a good time :)
here's also some info about the species itself! sorry if it sounfs weird or goofy its 3 am my brain isnt braining
feel free to ask any questions :)

the offpossum is an animal that used to be an ordinary virginia opossum. a normal opossum will become an offpossum upon contracting a disease known as dirumorbus, which drastically alters their anatomy, and basically turns them into a whole new animal. it is not known where this disease originated, or how an individual catches it, however offpossums can reproduce to create more offpossums. a majority of today's offpossum population is the offspring of the first few who were affected by this mystery disease. now, this disease changes their anatomy in a few ways- first, it elongates their spine and limbs, as well as sometimes making them grow horns, giving them an almost dragon like appearence. second, it alters the hands and feet into something akin to an owl foot, but not quite. along with this, they recieve some bird-like characteristics such as a crop, the occasional feather growth, and an extremely flexible neck which can appear to extend in length out of nowhere! however, this effect actually extends to their body and limbs as well. which in turn, creates the effect of an animal who appears to be able to shrink and grow at will! that is just a visual trick though, as they will just twist their body and their fur will make it so their body outline is not visible. sort of like how an owl looks absolutely horrifying under all of the fluff. the babies are born naked and with closed eyes, similar to a normal baby opossum, however they have a trait similar to some baby finches, which would be an abstract colorful display inside their mouth! unlike finches though, in offpossums this serves the purpose of warning predators of the dangerous venom this critter produces inside their crop. when fully grown, this colorful display does not fully go away, however it becomes much less prominent, and the fur coat, which often exhibits bright unnatural colors and patterns, serves the same purpose. their hand and feet are incredibly dextrous, being able to be used as hands. some of these guys may also be born with a trait similar to siamese cats, which affects their coat color based on their body temperature, for example: a specimen may have a dark color on their face and paws that fades into a lighter one, since their face and paws would be cooler than the rest of the body. this, along with aposematism (bright colors to ward of predators) are not present in every specimen. those who do not exhibit aposematism will be protected by other members of the herd, or they may employ the use of natural dyes to mimic the bright coloring of their fellow oddpossum. oddpossums have a sort of human-like intelligence, with the ability to speak, however they may be quite stubborn and goofy, sometimes to a fault. like humans, they may sometimes have pets or wear intricate hand crafted clothes and accessories. the babies eat dirt and trash, while the adults are scavengers, somewhat similar to a normal opossum or a vulture.
Last edited by redskyharbinger on Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hi i draw and do the art of the animals and the beasts . enjoy
redskyharbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: OFFPOSSUM OPEN SPECIES INTEREST CHECK

Postby LittleMaple » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:43 pm

OFFPOSSUM TAKEOVER NOW
    maple moment
    call me maple!
    artist, poet, goober
    i <3 warrior cats
    ──────────────────
    the poptart! 🍩
    ──────────────────
    ImageImage
    ──────────────────
    Aetherclan SSG TPO
    SVBs TRMK (HAWKC)
    ──────────────────
    lower the bar cus'
    i'm choking on stardust
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EatingTuna » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:44 pm

OMG THEY SO SILLY,,,,, YES I WWANT
EatingTuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skylark » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:45 pm

i love these SM
skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StinkySpider » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:46 pm

OMG!! I LOVE THEM??
"I'll seek judgement by the hounds."

June
    Any Prns
    Pm's Open
    System
StinkySpider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medimedes » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:47 pm

Gimmie >:] these guys are so silly fr
[right]chicken smoothie doesn’t bring me much joy anymore. I’m very inactive. Sorry[/center]
medimedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit.tears » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:48 pm

YES CS NEEDS OFFPOSSUMS

previously cinnaliz
any pronouns
just chillin' here tbh
toyhouse

sig art by me ^^
ImageImageImage
rabbit.tears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaisyJoey » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:50 pm

OFFPOSSUM MY BELOVED!!
"I'm really sorry baby, but it appears this castle is just made for one."
Daisy ♡ They/Them ♡ I like fnaf!! :D

Image I haven't been active on CS lately, so I'm sorry if I dont respond.Image

you just got WEEZERED! Put this in your sig if you see this with the color code 189bcc!!! :D
DaisyJoey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cecro » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:50 pm

HECK YEAH!! OFFPOSSUMS!!

hello!