Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

found in my old drawings... ik feylins is dead but by ophanimera

Based on Click to view
Artist ophanimera [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

found in my old drawings... ik feylins is dead but

Postby ophanimera » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:17 pm

posting this anyway beeeecause idk if i'm ever going to finish it and i don't want smth to happen to it in wips
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: found in my old drawings... ik feylins is dead but

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:27 pm

Why are there no anthro/humanoid closed species T.T
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: found in my old drawings... ik feylins is dead but

Postby ophanimera » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:38 pm

BlueEyedKite wrote:Why are there no anthro/humanoid closed species T.T

i wish i knew (pensive emoji)

and not that anyone asked for this but mini ramble

i was thinking about how there used to be several closed community groups for anthros/humanoids but also how it's difficult to find enough active artists / species hiring new anthro/humanoid artists to keep it active and running. even if the vast majority of species artists on cs weren't feral-focused, a lot of the older species died off as folks went into higher schooling, careers, et cetera and they didn't have time to run things anymore. on top of that, closed species are difficult to transfer between owners and ensure all assets are transferred, and also to completely divorce yourself from that emotional attachment you had to what was originally a passion project, so unless the original owner has someone they can trust, they usually die off once the original owner leaves. i would probably never sell off deersserts purely because it was a very formative part of my online experience and helped me find some of my closest friends... so i understand why some folks want to hold on to their communities even if they don't have the time or space. i think the FNK transfer was a very rare and successful circumstance for flox to get its second wind but even that one fell to the same inevitable stagnation because of life getting too busy.

tl:dr; i feel like the old target audience for cs has mostly outgrown the platform
bats // it/its // adult

formerly rainboxys
discord @ somnacanth
ophanimera everywhere else

commission TOS

ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups