Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

★ Raffle ★ Closed ★ Winner Announced ★ by daybreak.

Artist daybreak. [gallery]
Time spent 1 day
Drawing sessions 9
73 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

★ Raffle ★ Closed ★ Winner Announced ★

Postby daybreak. » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:03 am

★ Character Design Raffle ★
★ Winner: dogtreat

Thank you to everyone who participated! I hope I can make another raffle of this sort in the future ♡

To enter, all you have to do is post the following on this thread:
Code: Select all
[b]I'd like to enter the raffle![/b]

However, you can get additional entries by answering the following questionnaire.
All questions are optional, so you may skip any you would rather not answer.
Each answered question is worth one additional raffle entry.
Please note the content of your answers won't affect your chances of winning.
Your raffle entry and questionnaire can be in separate posts.

QUESTIONNAIRE wrote:
What would you do with this character if you win the raffle?
Are you an avid collector? Do think they would fit into a story you're writing? Do you use your characters in RPGs? I'm just curious c: (And if you were planning to use this character for Dungeons and Dragons, I can throw a character sheet into the mix for ya *:・゚)
What would you like to see me do more of in the future?
I think I may have one or two adopt batches left in me before I hibernate. If you follow my oekaki posts, or if you flip through my gallery, is there anything I've made you'd like to see more of? Is there something else you'd like to see me draw? Should I make more custom line adopts, design more Tealea puppies, or is there a base out there I should try? Should I make more anthros, some more critters, or should I try designing a character of a particular species? Should I hold more raffles? Are secret pups fun? Let me know c:
What do you think is the best way to sell adopts?
Do you prefer adopts to go up for offers or have set prices? Something else? I find certain adopts I've opened for offers have sold much cheaper than if I had set prices, and since earning currency is not my main goal but a nice perk of making these, it's still my preferred method... but I want to know what other people think! Also, if I continue to take offers on adopts, should I consider setting auto-buy prices? Do you think it's good to ask for a minimum increase on offers? Raffle ticket for your thoughts.

Code: Select all
[quote="QUESTIONNAIRE"]

[b]What would you do with this character if you win the raffle?[/b]
[b]What would you like to see me do more of in the future?[/b]
[b]What do you think is the best way to sell adopts?[/b]
[/quote]

Terms & Conditions wrote:The owner of this character design may modify any details as they see fit, but credit for the original character design should be attributed to me, and when possible should link back to link back to my CS profile or my Toyhouse. The owner of this character design may gift or trade it, but may not exchange it for currency unless additional art is included.
Last edited by daybreak. on Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ Character Design Raffle ★

Postby daybreak. » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:03 am

Had a lot of fun working on this one! Came up with some character details while I drew this character, which the eventual owner is welcome to adopt, tweak or dismiss as they please:

Name: Yarrow
Pronouns: she/them
Ranger/rogue

Skills:
athletics · perception · sleight of hand · stealth · survival · thieves' tools

Personality Traits: I am quiet, still, and cool under pressure · I don't mince words, and I find people who do a little baffling
Ideals: Adapt, survive · It takes a village to raise a barn
Bonds: I am a member of a small, isolated community—to make ends meet, they rely on me, and I rely on them
Flaws: My bluntness can rub people the wrong way, even when I don't mean it to.
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slasher » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:30 pm

I'd like to enter the raffle!

QUESTIONNAIRE wrote:
i love collecting characters, and this one is so cool?? id die for them
if i ever start playing dnd i would probably use them as a character for it, i just dont know how to play/have anybody to play with LOL
whatever you want to do honestly, i adore your designs and id love to see anything from you
advertise everywhere you can, works for me at least
especially places where you know somebody will want them

im not sure about pricing though, since i dont have much experience with that
i see otas/auctions doing pretty well here though
slasher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Music_Lover » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:40 am

I'm not entering because I wouldn't have a use but DANG they are gorgeous!!
I'm a sucker for the western style and you do such a good job capturing those vibes it's aaaaa

ImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
Image♪♫♪Image Image Image ♪♫♪Image
ImageImage
Music_Lover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogtreat » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:38 am

QUESTIONNAIRE wrote:

I cannot overstate how much I love cowboy aesthetic characters. I'm soon heading into a new campaign set in a fantasy world with ancient construct mechs (fantasy lancer), and I just think this gal would be absolutely stellar to play in it. Western jackalope with a husky voice, living on the secluded, empty planet between the border of the desert and the city ruins. A skilled marksman and an adept thief, she is also somewhat of an engineer; able to cobble together exosuits and ruin constructs to suit her and her people's needs.

I'd love more DND/ttrpg style adopts with the kind of text-details you provided for this gal. I know this must have been an intense amount of work; so perhaps smaller, less detailed ones so you don't burn out? These kind of fun world-building adopts are fantastic though.

Advertise publicly. Word of mouth. Put it somewhere people will see it, and people who love the design will do the rest. Touching on your specific questions though; set prices. Especially on Chicken Smoothie. And if you do set it for offers, set a comfortable lowest bid and an above what you personally think the character is worth for an AB (get that cash cash dollary etc).

ceasefire now!
until we are all free, none of us are free
liberation, freedom and return for palestine!
dogtreat
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T w i x » Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:25 am

QUESTIONNAIRE wrote:
What would you do with this character if you win the raffle? I plan on having them as my fursona, I will definitely draw them and commission art for them, possibly get a fursuit for them.
What would you like to see me do more of in the future? I'd love to see alien themed or anything that has to do with the galaxy, stars and moon
What do you think is the best way to sell adopts? I'm not too sure as I usually just do flat sales, but might try pay what you want adopts to get a better grip of how much my adopts cost.
T w i x

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:34 am

Thanks to everyone who's entered the raffle so far!

@mulldeth, thank you for kind words .・゚゚・(/ω\)・゚゚・. ♡ You know, if you ever get the chance to join a learning game with pre-generated characters, playing D&D is the best way to learn how to play, in my opinion. Starting out by reading the tomes of rules can be an overwhelming experience, and anyone I know who started by creating a character their first go around was confused, some nearly put-off (⌒_⌒;)

@Music_Lover, thank you! You know "to have" is a perfectly valid "use" if you like, you don't need any sophisticated reason c: Was it my first question that put you off entering? I am afraid it could be having that effect, but giving the character a purpose is not a requirement, I'm just nosy f(^_^;)

@dogtreat, that new campaign setting sounds so freaking cool! I love the vision you have of her (✧ω✧), especially as an engineer! It's not something I had thought of but I found myself nodding along like, "yeah, that makes sense!" I definitely see myself making more of these TTRPG style adopts in the future, especially to procrastinate drawing decent character sheets for my own characters (≧▽≦)

@Rita Wild Dog, I am honored you'd consider this design for a fursona! Potentially seeing a fursuit of them is an absolutely wild prospect! .:*☆
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asternaut » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:56 am

ImageImage
Asternaut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .taxidermy. » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:05 am

….Image Image

nicki or nick
ADHD, please be patient.
artist, guitarist, etc.
prev. dolliguts

owner of faeries
art shoptoyhouse
.taxidermy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby velocira » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:33 am

QUESTIONNAIRE wrote:
I feel like she'd be super fun as a dnd or rp character!!!
Honestly big fan of the clothing here. would love to see more art highlighting clothing :]
no clue! I'm still trying to figure that out myself too lol, but if something works well keep trying it!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Had this account since 2016 apparently but never used it until October 2022
velocira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me