Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

03/08/23 - Vent by ThousandSounds

Based on Click to view
Artist ThousandSounds [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

03/08/23 - Vent

Postby ThousandSounds » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:26 am

No, you didn't do anything wrong, and this has nothing to do with you. This is just me fighting my inner demons, that's all.
They wake up to abuse my self-esteem art wise, but otherwise sleep peacefully.

Do not point out my misspelling, I am aware, and exhausted. As I keep telling people, I do not have glasses (i can't afford to buy them), pair that with a pair of lazy eyes- or eye, and you get my vision which is basically butthole

I hate my art. I don't, but... I'm never going to be as good the others

I broke the one number 1 rule of an artist:
    Never compare yourself to others.

And today I compared myself to the artists I look up to and inspire myself with, that I followed. Who started out on CS and eventually moved out of the site- err Moved out of the oekaki. Seeing how good they've gotten and how far they've advanced compared how I've gotten nowhere and I'm still sitting where I started, how little or worthless my scrap is.... Kind of really made me feel small, insignificant and just not confident in my art lol
    I'm still slow, I still can't line, I still can't design to earn tokens or any virtual or real currency, I still can't draw humans, I don't have an art style (apart form a disney-esque thing I learned to draw in), I'm still a loser who can't manage my time and energy properly, and I am, still, relying Oekaki. I'm Still not good enough.

and I just wanted to cry it all out and get it(the thoughts plaguing my mind) off my chest before my insecurities consume me completely. The most depressing part is that I cannot see my art or writing the same way people who genuinely are into it are seeing it (Don't misunderstand please, I'm glad you love my junk lmaoo) and and I just wonder about that frequently, but the realization that I can't view this through your eyes makes me cry thinking about it - the idea that I will never be able to see what you see kind of thing y'know?
Last edited by ThousandSounds on Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Listen... I REALLY love roleplaying UwU
  • It is boiling cold in here.
  • I'm a stupid coconut. And have severe memory loss,
    so please prod me as much as you need.
  • Dungeons & Dragons for life baybeeee

ThousandSounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 03/08/23 - Vent

Postby Corals Art Studio » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:08 am

Man I feel this drawing.

I have broken that rule too many times.
Corals Art Studio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goldstarwolf » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:56 am

It's always hard not to, but you just gotta remember the progess you've made and how much you're improving and everyone learns different or has a different style. What matters is if you're happy with your art and how you feel, and everyone is still learning I bet the artist you look up is still learning and growing with their art just like you. <3
Life Is Like A Dream

┊┊┊┊┊┊┊┊☆┊┊┊┊┊┊┊┊

┊┊┊┊┊┊┊┊☆┊┊┊┊┊┊┊┊

Goldstarwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:28 pm

something as complex as emotions like these regarding art are difficult to explain or console. trust that you are not alone in this feeling, and that even the artists you look up to have felt the same way. you just have to be patient with yourself and your craft, we all go at our own pace and have our own way of doing things. you will get to a place you feel comfortable in one day, but you have to keep going in order to get there. it'll never be easy, but in turn it will be worth it. i hope you keep at it, cause i for one like your art. many luck your way, friend
pj • she/he/they
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me