Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

My first OC! by GhostxX

Artist GhostxX [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

My first OC!

Postby GhostxX » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:03 am

This is my first OC made on cs!!!! Her names bumble, like a bumblebee, also the first time I used alpha lock! (is that what its called)
GhostxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My first OC!

Postby Rocky Road Raccoon » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:08 am

Cute oc! Love the tail <3
Rocky Road Raccoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhostxX » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:15 am

Thanks! It looks really messy though
GhostxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rocky Road Raccoon » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:16 am

I don't like giving unwarranted advice, but have you tried layers? You use one separate one for the lines, and then one for the color <3 it makes things look cleaner! I think this looks great tho <3
Rocky Road Raccoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhostxX » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:20 am

Yeah I died, though I probably did it wrong, it took me forever to figure out how to do alpha lock, or whatever its called.
GhostxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpcrRd » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:24 am

GhostDove wrote:Yeah I died, though I probably did it wrong, it took me forever to figure out how to do alpha lock, or whatever its called.

If you want a little tip for using alpha lock, I recommend putting your lineart layer, then making a layer UNDER that, tracing along the lines in one color and filling it in so you have a solid color base, then, on a new layer above that, but still below the lineart, use alpha lock on this layer and then color the character as you wish! It makes it a lot easier to color inside the lines, as alpha lock keeps all the drawing on the solid color you put down originally! I typically use this, then for any fur patterns or markings I'll add another alpha lock layer above my main/base color so I don't have to erase the base color when I mess up my markings ^^

Cry | They/it/she| I have severe anxiety and I am neurodivergent, plz don’t be offended if I don’t include a message while trading <3 I promise you it is not personal! I also greatly appreciate tone tags, but they're not necessary!
Check out my adopts | Send over a trade! | ”Hi I’m Johnny Knoxville, and welcome to-“ |
Don’t hesitate to send me trades!
SpcrRd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medimedes » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:25 am

ImGonnaCryCryCry wrote:
GhostDove wrote:Yeah I died, though I probably did it wrong, it took me forever to figure out how to do alpha lock, or whatever its called.

If you want a little tip for using alpha lock, I recommend putting your lineart layer, then making a layer UNDER that, tracing along the lines in one color and filling it in so you have a solid color base, then, on a new layer above that, but still below the lineart, use alpha lock on this layer and then color the character as you wish! It makes it a lot easier to color inside the lines, as alpha lock keeps all the drawing on the solid color you put down originally! I typically use this, then for any fur patterns or markings I'll add another alpha lock layer above my main/base color so I don't have to erase the base color when I mess up my markings ^^

To build on what Cry is sayin, I’d suggest using a pixel art brush for the color layer, it’s easy to paint bucket it :] and stabilizer is your friend aswell :] you can dm me if ya need any art tips :]
[right]chicken smoothie doesn’t bring me much joy anymore. I’m very inactive. Sorry[/center]
medimedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhostxX » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:52 am

Ok! Thank you guys!!!
GhostxX