Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Shota Anthro Ref by Sunbeargirl

Based on Click to view
Artist Sunbeargirl [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Shota Anthro Ref

Postby Sunbeargirl » Sun May 07, 2023 8:18 pm

First of all, this base was so nice I had to colour it in, despite rarely putting any of my characters in anthro form. But in any case, here's my little dude, Shota. 💕 The reference sheet aspect of this was more of a last-minute decision, oddly enough. I may come back and touch it up in the future since it's pretty messy.

More than anything, this was an exercise in using my Wacom tablet, which is by no means new... yet is practically in mint condition because I gave up trying to understand pen pressure back in 2016 when I bought it. (This is basically the only drawing I made with it back then.) Perhaps it was just the application I was trying to draw in, but I gave up pretty quickly.

Since I've recently been on an Oekaki mini-rampage, I decided to pull my tablet out and give it another go. It may not look like I did much because the original lines weren't my own, but I did draw the hair and the jeans, and I added texture to his fur, hair by hair, line by line... which honestly was pointless given the fact that CS seems to lower the resolution between the editing part and the posted part. 🤷‍♀️ The shading is also mine.

(P.S. The reason Shota does not like bears is because he got attacked by one when he was a pup, hence his scars.)
Shota's other ref, by a friend.
¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸
Hi! Call me Sunny! ☀️ My deviantART account is Sunbeargirl, too! ^^
My dream pet is the 2014 PPS White Cat-Dragon.🐲 Rats make lovely pets. 🐀 I'm a Christian! ✝
Please TRADE with me! 😁 I've been on here for years, so I have old pets available. :>
🐈 My WL is every pet I don't have yet. 🐕
ImageImage
Meet Streamsong and Flamespots!

Honestly, these cats stay in my signature because I've had them forever and I don't know where else to put them. They were made by ~SilverTabbyCat~.
Click my dragons? Image
¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸ ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸
Sunbeargirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shota Anthro Ref

Postby BlueEyedKite » Mon May 08, 2023 2:45 am

Cool character and A+ on the jeans!
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shota Anthro Ref

Postby Sunbeargirl » Sun May 14, 2023 1:52 pm

BlueEyedKite wrote:Cool character and A+ on the jeans!

Thank you very much! :D
Hi! Call me Sunny! ☀️ My deviantART account is Sunbeargirl, too! ^^
My dream pet is the 2014 PPS White Cat-Dragon.🐲 Rats make lovely pets. 🐀 I'm a Christian! ✝
Please TRADE with me! 😁 I've been on here for years, so I have old pets available. :>
🐈 My WL is every pet I don't have yet. 🐕
ImageImage
Meet Streamsong and Flamespots!

Honestly, these cats stay in my signature because I've had them forever and I don't know where else to put them. They were made by ~SilverTabbyCat~.
Click my dragons? Image
Sunbeargirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me