Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

just macaroni, hold the cheese (+ PLEASE GIVE TABLET RECS) by SilhouetteStation

Based on Click to view
Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 58 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

just macaroni, hold the cheese (+ PLEASE GIVE TABLET RECS)

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:28 pm

lost track of the amount of times my tablet disconnected, but it was enough to make the pen pressure disappear and I had to restart the laptop :thumbs_up:

I love my tablet SO much (I've had it for maybe six or seven years) but it's just. not working the way it used to. SO. tablet recommendations would be lovely if you folks have any

- not looking for something ridiculously expensive
    - I'm leaning more towards getting another Wacom? I know the brand has been known to have some issues but I've done a lot of research and it seems like every brand is lacking in some way, so, idk I just feel better getting something familiar (but if you're besotted with a different brand, please still share recs)
    - I'm flip flopping about whether or not I want to go the whole hog and get a screen tablet. they cost a lot more but people say they're easier to draw on, BUT I've grown very accustomed to not looking down at what I'm using so it doesn't really bother me
    - I am NOT wanting any sort of screen tablet that has any sort of pen lag. nothing major, anyway. it thoroughly irritates me when it takes a whole second for your lines to catch up with your movements
    - call me fussy but I don't want a pen where the nib goes in a little bit when you're using it. like - when you have to press down just to have it register? I'm probably not explaining that well, but Wacom pens don't seem to have that issue, which is another reason I'm leaning towards them again
    - size wise, I'm not after anything huge. non-screen tablets, I'm comfortable with something smaller (my current tablet has an active area of 6x4 inches which works fine for me), but I would want bigger if choosing a screen model

SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: just macaroni, hold the cheese (+ PLEASE GIVE TABLET REC

Postby PikaPerfect » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:43 pm

SilhouetteStation wrote:

- I'm flip flopping about whether or not I want to go the whole hog and get a screen tablet. they cost a lot more but people say they're easier to draw on, BUT I've grown very accustomed to not looking down at what I'm using so it doesn't really bother me

this was smth i was worried about when i first got my screen tablet (i have a wacom cintiq 16 inch i think), but you get used to it REALLY quickly if you've done any traditional sketching at all. it took me probably less than a day or two to adjust to looking at the thing i'm drawing on rather than my laptop screen, but it's much nicer imo

also, i've had mine for probably 3 years now? maybe 4? i don't remember exactly when i got it, but it works flawlessly aside from me needing to buy a new cable for it because it frayed (that was my fault though, i had it bent at a weird angle for like a year and a half straight and it finally gave up and died 😔). ofc it also costs a TON (i think it was like $800 😩), but i'd say the quality is worth the price and i'd definitely recommend getting one if the price point isn't too far out of range
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: just macaroni, hold the cheese (+ PLEASE GIVE TABLET REC

Postby whispering.smaug » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:20 pm

i've used a wacom intuos pro for many years and loved it! i think i use the medium one? its been so long i don't remember ^^'

it's served me very well and i've dropped it many times, very resilient!
smaug | adult | they/them

hi im smaug!
SEMESTER IS OVER WOOO

cans of monster energy consumed: 13
cans of celsius consumed: 1

https://toyhou.se/whisperingsmaug
whispering.smaug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes