Strange Ore [Short Story Included]

"Strange Ore [Short Story Included]" by .froggie.

Dressup entry

Strange Ore [Short Story Included]

Postby .froggie. » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:10 pm

It was a normal day in the village and the villagers were "hrn"-ing and "haah?"-ing as per usual. I honestly don't know what they're always griping about, but they say so much with just two little sounds... Irrelevant.

I decided it was a fine day to mine and went in search of precious ores.

About an hour later and 300 blocks deep, I'm starting to run out of subspace...

Geez, will I not find any today either??? For something so useless, they sure are rare...

That's right, I was emerald hunting. A wandering merchant stopped by the village earlier this week asking for an emerald in exchange for a cactus. I know, I know... a terrible trade, but I really needed that cactus. My favorite color is evergreen and despite the desert I'm living in, there isn't a cactus around for a thousand blocks!

I just need one stinking cactus to propagate more, but there must be a high demand considering i can't find one in this biome.

Thus, my caving expedition.

Creepers this sucks... I guess I'll explore a bit more and call it a night if I can't find anything else.

I was just about to give up when I saw it.... that telling green sparkle peeking out from behind a few blocks of coal,

Emeralds.

"Yes!!" I exclaimed, finally! I can finally return to the surface.

I began mining excitedly at the precious stone with my pre-prepared iron pickaxe. And right when I heard that familiar "pop--tick," I checked my spacial bag... but, there was no emerald.

"What the f-," I stopped myself full of confusion. Spinning round and round, the emerald didn't appear to have fallen on the ground. "-But I definately picked it up?" Opening my bag again, I checked every space until I saw it... it looked like an emerald.. kind of.

In my bag was not that stupidly rare precious stone, but instead, an egg of its same palor. "The heck do I do with this?"

Not wanting to delay my return any longer, I delay my expedition and return to my cabin in the village.

-

Staring at the egg on my plain white bed--tsk. i squint at the mysterious item as if I'm blaming it from stealing away my chances of obtaining my beloved cactus...

As I'm trying to figure out what emerald eggs would taste like, I hear a strange "Wuaff!"

Looking around the cabin, I can't figure out where it came from until I return my gaze to my bed, and sitting there, where my green eggs [and ham?] should have been is a puppy.

Puppy...?

"Wuaff! Wauff!"

Dumbfounded that not only my emerald, but also my breakfast, was stolen by this unnatural, sparkling dog... I say, "the heck are you?"

"Wuaff!!" Is the Only reply I recieve.

Great, this is the last thing I need. Forget about feeding myself, where do I get the supplies to support this dog? If I wanted a dog I would have tamed a wolf, but I wanted an emerald!

"Hey, you." I start, "Unless you **** emeralds, get out of my house and find a new home =-=."

"Wuaff!" It says, and squints it's eyes. "Grrrr.."

"Ey? Gonna bite me now?"

"Grr?.... whine.. Woof." And the dog kicks up it's hind legs

"H-hey- what are you doing?"

"Yip." The puppy stares at me with a face that says he's gained leverage. And then, "Ggggrrrrrrrr--!"

"HEY, heyheyheyheyhey, n-nice puppy. Good dog! Just move outside slowly,"

"Rrrrr-- YELP" "NO!!!!!" we exclaim at the same time.

"HEY DID YOU JUST-- ON MY BED!?"

The puppy huffs and scratches his ear, "Ruourr, rou, waf."

I can't believe a dog just sounds like it told me to stop being dramatic. Slowly, I approached the bed, and when I look at where the puppy just relieved himself, I see it.

What I found wasn't a puppy, but a golden goose! There, on my bed, was 3 emeralds.

"If you ignore their origins, aren't they exactly what I needed..?"

"Waf! Woof!!" The puppy puffs his chest proudly, "Rour, Row row Rrurr rour!!"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it.... maybe you're a little better than a regular emerald. I'm sorry."

"Yip!"

"That being said, I'm still going to wash these."

"...Rour row."

"I don't care if you say they're clean, no one would believe that after witnessing it first hand."

"Rawr grrrrourr..."

"Even if you're not a normal dog, it still came from... where people usually-- nevermind, why am I having this conversation with a dog."

"..."

"..."

I blink, "How come I can understand you now-"

"Wuf wuff woof raour rou."

"What do you mean it's because I was obviously too slow to get it, before?"

"Waff wuff, rour rour hoooo... click"

"Hey- some things are going too far... isn't it because you did something to me?"

"Woof."

"Yeah, thanks-- you're such a great being that obviously something like this is easy for the Great Emerald Guardian."

"Huff."

"Now that I know what you are, can you not insult me at every turn? I Know I underestimated you, but in my defense, you ruined my last chance to get a cactus."

"Woof rour rawr!"

"Yeah, yeah, you made up for it... I'm thankful, since you got me my cactus,"

"Grrrrrr"

"Give you a name if im so greatful? Okay, guess you deserve a name.... How about Mayer? Since you're an emerald and it's the birthstone of that month."

"Woaf. Rrurururugrrr wua wuaf click huff."

"I suck at naming but because you're so benevolent, you'll accept it? You were a lot nicer when you first popped out of the egg.."

"Woof."

"Touché. I was indeed rude at out first meeting.... then, if you'll have me, it's nice to meet you-- Mayer!"

"Wauf!!"

- epilogue when Mayer becomes an adult -

Hoarding 2020 Yagmur__________Hoarding 2022 Doglike__________ Hoarding 2021 Doglike

[6/300] STAFF DOGS_____STAFF DOGS [11/300]_____[5/300] STAFF DOGS

ImageImageImage
.froggie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me