Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Dedicated to the 13 year olds by CanisCoyote

Artist CanisCoyote [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Dedicated to the 13 year olds

Postby CanisCoyote » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:11 pm

This is my fursona, Katsu, from when I was 13 year old. I am well beyond 13. Look at him, he is all anime and video game references. That's his whole thing. What did he say about me being my fursona? That I was cringe and anime obsessed? No. I think he said, never underestimate the passion of a 13 year old. Only 13 year olds get so passionate about their interests that their interests represent them. And only 13 year olds put it all out there for everyone to see, not worried about what others will think. Something I struggle with as an adult now is diving this deep into the things that I like and not being worried about what others think.

Cringe is dead but passion is alive. Go give your fursonas spamton eyes or whatever you guys like now

Art selling/trading/buying - toyhou.se - My art gallery - Petz Site
Please link to my toyhou.se for all art credit. Thank you.
[I'm very scatterbrained, if I randomly stop replying to a convo or forget about some art I will be glad to receive another PM from you! It probably got buried in my inbox and erased from my brain.]
I LOVE ART TRADES
CanisCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dedicated to the 13 year olds

Postby kiergane » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:02 pm

DUDE YES!!!!!!! Thats what im sayin!!!!!!!! I've been trying to tap into whatever 12 year old me was on lately and I couldn't figure out why it was so hard to recreate and its because everything we made as kids was so unapolagetic and genuine. No fear of failure, or drawing bad, or bad color composition or anatomy or anything!! Just fun and passion! We celebrate cringe in this house!!
[ Keebs - she/they - art student - adult ]
If I'm online, It means I'm procrastinating <3

Image Image Image
kiergane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:27 am

Okay but he is dope?! Tell your 13 year old self they picked the best of anime! I doodled bunnies all over my notes as a kid. I didn't have a fursona until I was at least 14 but she was a brown bunny. That's all the creative juices I got fam xD but her simple looks made it easy for me to insert her into all the things. I doodled my girl on notes and added her to friend's drawings. My passion was my friend circle and my fursona was photo bombing it all c: great times.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CanisCoyote » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:46 am

kcmcomix wrote:DUDE YES!!!!!!! Thats what im sayin!!!!!!!! I've been trying to tap into whatever 12 year old me was on lately and I couldn't figure out why it was so hard to recreate and its because everything we made as kids was so unapolagetic and genuine. No fear of failure, or drawing bad, or bad color composition or anatomy or anything!! Just fun and passion! We celebrate cringe in this house!!

Heck yeah!!

BlueEyedKite wrote:Okay but he is dope?! Tell your 13 year old self they picked the best of anime! I doodled bunnies all over my notes as a kid. I didn't have a fursona until I was at least 14 but she was a brown bunny. That's all the creative juices I got fam xD but her simple looks made it easy for me to insert her into all the things. I doodled my girl on notes and added her to friend's drawings. My passion was my friend circle and my fursona was photo bombing it all c: great times.

aww thats so cute thank you for sharing her!!!

[I'm very scatterbrained, if I randomly stop replying to a convo or forget about some art I will be glad to receive another PM from you! It probably got buried in my inbox and erased from my brain.]
I LOVE ART TRADES
CanisCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jusky » Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:30 am

fursona at 13?
░▒▓⠀‌>"FINISH THE STORY, MAN"⠀‌▓▒░
Bit of an esoteric, and i like pony.

Unironically likes sitcoms
(go watch Golden Girls
and Curb)
Jusky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CanisCoyote » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:00 am

Jusky wrote:fursona at 13?

I made my first one when I was 11 I think. I think I found out about them through this website. I loved seeing all the drawings people made in the oekaki of theirs.

I LOVE ART TRADES
CanisCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me