Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

oh mother by neferp1tou

Artist neferp1tou [gallery]
Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
386 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

oh mother

Postby neferp1tou » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:46 am

guilt
edit: thank you so so much for the feature, i wasn’t expecting that at all especially for this piece !!! but, i’m really happy about it because i really put a lot of emotion and power into this piece <333
Last edited by neferp1tou on Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: oh mother

Postby COOLDOGOOO » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:27 am

Congrats on the feature! <3
had severe oekaki art block for a while, slowly trying to get back to doing comms- please let me know if i owe you art in case i forgot!! <3

my toyhouse <3

Check out Vidapup's free
sig pets
! <3

Please consider commissioning me; I appreciate it a lot! <3

had last 1426 oekaki
COOLDOGOOO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:03 am

COOLDOGOOO wrote:Congrats on the feature! <3

ahh omg thank you so much !! 😭😭💕💕 <3333
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:16 pm

update 2: thank you everyone for all of the likes, i really appreciate it, truly <333 please let me know how you interpret this piece/what it makes you feel, because my goal as an artist is to convey emotion through art !! ^^
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dehumanized » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:32 am

neferp1tou wrote:update 2: thank you everyone for all of the likes, i really appreciate it, truly <333 please let me know how you interpret this piece/what it makes you feel, because my goal as an artist is to convey emotion through art !! ^^

I don't frequently lurk around in the art forums, so I really am glad that this got featured as it immediately captivated my attention.

The colors give it a familiar feeling, a warmth. But the expression and the tears, the setting is distancing itself from the warm color. When I look at it, I feel like a person desperately trying to help someone but being unable to. Seeing someone suffer and witness unfairness. Not able to connect. Whatever reasons those may be. That is at least some of the feelings I have looking at this. I'm not good with words or rather expressing feelings through words, because it's not at all just a silly proverb to say that 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.

Thank you for this experience. It's a great piece.
Why should anything matter?
The only thing that matters is you are human.
But can we define what 'human' really is?
Would you tell me, if you know?

Respect everyone. Respect everything.
From the little plant to the ice bear.
From the small child to the elder.
Dehumanized

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunarTheCat2047d1f » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:07 am

Dehumanized wrote:
neferp1tou wrote:update 2: thank you everyone for all of the likes, i really appreciate it, truly <333 please let me know how you interpret this piece/what it makes you feel, because my goal as an artist is to convey emotion through art !! ^^

I don't frequently lurk around in the art forums, so I really am glad that this got featured as it immediately captivated my attention.

The colors give it a familiar feeling, a warmth. But the expression and the tears, the setting is distancing itself from the warm color. When I look at it, I feel like a person desperately trying to help someone but being unable to. Seeing someone suffer and witness unfairness. Not able to connect. Whatever reasons those may be. That is at least some of the feelings I have looking at this. I'm not good with words or rather expressing feelings through words, because it's not at all just a silly proverb to say that 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.

You described that very well :shock:
Hi! I'm lunarkitty! You might see me exploring oekaki and roleplays I am quite social if a bit shy. Feel free to pm me to discuss or just chat :3

Warrior Cat Name Generator

My interests are roleplays, art, and pets! A freindly conversation is nice, too! (Pronouns: She/Her) Thank you!

Pfp by Snowy Stars ❤

Currently: Active

I commonly use either ● or ○ when sending messages. I use the circle filled in when the pg is black, and the outline for when its white! It resembles the moon, therefore Lunar.

Madly Darkstripe fan 😍

Art Commission Shop

Creeps!

Short and Sweet

"Enthusiasm is infectious, stimulating, and attractive to others. People will love you for it."
LunarTheCat2047d1f

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bertholdt » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:57 am

this is beautiful!!! so much emotional depth, i love it so much!
bertholdt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pinkbluecat » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:59 pm

a very lovely piece <3
it speaks to me, in a way

(also nice username ;3)
hi, im pinkbluecat, but please call me Val ^_^
he/him - adult - pan/demi
i try my best to be super lighthearted and kind.
keep in mind i may take a while to reply, i work a full-time job while being a student as well!
free gojo satoru *800 pleading emojis*

silliest fella
pinkbluecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:54 pm

Dehumanized wrote:

this is genuinely such an amazing reply, thank you so much for your analysis of my piece, it means so much to me ;;
i've always wanted to be the kind of artist that can make people think and feel things, messages, from whatever i make, so like.. this just makes me really happy because its proof i was able to convey emotion through something i created :']
again, thank you so so much for your reply, this made my entire week ;;;!!

bertholdt wrote:
this is beautiful!!! so much emotional depth, i love it so much!

thank you sooo much, ahh, i'm really happy the emotional depth i put into the piece was something people could pick on, that's like, the best feeling ever omg omg.. i really appreciate your comment!! thank you!!!

pinkbluecat wrote:a very lovely piece <3
it speaks to me, in a way

(also nice username ;3)

oh wow i'm so happy to hear that you think that!!!!! i'm happy that it speaks to you and that you can connect with something i created, thank you connecting with it!!! also, thank youuu omg, pitou is literally everything tbh (nice pfp)

Last bumped by neferp1tou on Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:54 pm.
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me