Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

πŸŽƒπŸ¦‡| SIMA HALLOWEEN 2022 - WORKSHOP CLOSED | πŸ¦‡πŸŽƒ by koegami

Based on Click to view
Artist koegami [gallery]
Time spent 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

πŸŽƒπŸ¦‡| SIMA HALLOWEEN 2022 - WORKSHOP CLOSED | πŸ¦‡πŸŽƒ

Postby koegami » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:01 am

------------------------------ [ HALLOWEEN WORKSHOP ] ------------------------------
Main Page, Event Page

It was decided that we should bring back and old staple of the halloween events! The halloween MYO!
Now that we have the masquerade lines accessible to all i thought we'd do one this year!

Go ahead and get designing

RARITY CHART
β”Ž-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------β”’

.non rarity. (non-passable in nursery)

β–ͺ scars, missing limbs due to accident, accessories, deformities* β–ͺ
β–ͺ pupil color (must be a darker shade of eye color, or black), eyelashes β–ͺ
β–ͺ blindness (due to accident), disability, clothing, expression edits β–ͺ

.common.

β–ͺ standard jewel, blood color (up to 3) β–ͺ
β–ͺ small chin tuft, standard short horns, standard long horns β–ͺ
β–ͺ hair edits (down to the shoulder max), small claws β–ͺ
β–ͺ whiskers, sclera color, single jewel color, small "snaggle teeth" β–ͺ

.uncommon.

β–ͺ warrior jewel, pearl jewel, teardrop jewel, standard ram horns β–ͺ
β–ͺ hair edits (down to feet max), heterochromia*, pupil edits β–ͺ
β–ͺ pupil color (must be a lighter shade of eye color, or another color) β–ͺ
β–ͺ eye shape edits, kinked tail, minor tongue edits, small beard β–ͺ
β–ͺ tiny crystals/jewels/scales on the body (small clusters - no larger than a simas eye) β–ͺ
β–ͺ ankle tufts (cannot extend higher than the ankle), chronic jewel goop* β–ͺ
β–ͺ chronic drool*, chronic tears*, chronic body goop* (for any other goop) β–ͺ
β–ͺ carnivore tooth set, major teeth edits* (no bigger than primal fangs), nose type edits β–ͺ
β–ͺ talon-sized claws, dual jewel color (2 colors), minor muzzle shape edit β–ͺ
β–ͺ minor ear edit (cannot change the structure of the ear), cheek fur (cannot extend past shoulders) β–ͺ
β–ͺ minor fur edits (legs, neck, chest, neckmanes, lion's neck mane) cap's at below: Alvis's Mane size. β–ͺ

you can view the full chart here
you may only select up to 3 uncommon edits for your sima.

β”—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------β”š

MYO Limits
- You may have up to (3) total uncommon edits, unlimited under on your sima.
- Jewels DO NOT count towards that 1 edit. but can only be of uncommon rarity maximum
- You may select for your sima to be standard or dwarf, OR one of our listed subspecies.
- Dwarfism can be added to your sima freely. but will require an item to reverse it once approved.

Subspecies Limits
- If you choose, your sima can be either a; Masquerade, Ghoul or Reaper
- You may add dwarfism to your subspecies sima freely. but will require an item to reverse it once approved.
- Masquerade Simas must have both forms complete before they'll be approved. "Mortal" form must have a customized mask.
> The edits that come with a Masquerade's transformation (mane, sclera, pupils, double tail, massive claws, horns and floating jewel), and any standalone edits only appearing on the night form, cannot pass unless it is present on the standard form.

> In other words, unless the Masquerade Sima has an edit on their day form that remains when transforming, their edits cannot pass due to the supernatural origin of this form.

- Reapers are undead and therefore have transparency (10%-95% chickenpaint transparency) and a glowing jewel with a 'face' on it.
- Ghouls are living and NOT transparent, but share the Reapers' other characteristics.

- Mortal simas can have masks, but must be specified [as an accessory] not to be a Masquerade Sima.

Subspecies Examples
Masquerade Sima Example: a masquerade sima has 2 forms. their regular ("monster") and mortal ("fake")

for an example of the "shared trait" rule take a look at mortem's trait list!

Reaper Sima Example: Reminder: a Reaper sima IS transparent. *Deloshir is owned by me.

Ghoul Sima Example: Reminder: a Ghoul sima is NOT transparent. *Youkai is owned by me.
Last edited by xem on Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: locked per user request
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

πŸŽƒπŸ¦‡| FAQ | πŸ¦‡πŸŽƒ

Postby koegami » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:56 am

corviidae wrote:
Frequently Answered Questions (from our previous workshop)

➸ How does the approval process work?
      > Once your MYO is finished and posted, we'll post below and slap it with approval!
      > If there are any issues, we will either post or DM you to notify you of it so it can be fixed ASAP.

➸ Can I have somebody make a MYO for me?
      > Yes! It's requested to respect what they may ask for in return, as it is their time you're asking for, but this is totally fine.

➸ Can I add other accessories to the MYO?
      > Yes! Just make sure you make an item-less reference if you do.

➸ How will archiving work?
      > corviidae must be approached when it comes to archiving these MYOs specifically.
      she'll be posting them as they're approved in our toyhou.se archives.

➸ What if we don't finish our MYO by November 1st?
      > That is totally fine! It will still be approved after that mark, but not after the event itself concludes.

➸ What are the subspecies exactly?
      > This is a bit of a loaded question, so I'll make sections below this answer.
      > Note that Reapers and Ghouls may pass their gene due to the curse laid upon them, but Masquerade Simas cannot pass their gene in the nursery.

REAPERS
      Reapers are harbingers of a Sima's life coming to an end. They guide their souls to their underworld and are doomed to be these gatekeepers for the entirety of their afterlife. Despite having lost their lives, their soul and built-in purpose keep them tangible and able to walk on the mortal realm with Simas. The face of their jewel foretells something about themselves more often than not, but may not always match their personality.

GHOULS
      Ghouls are the forerunner of the Reapers-- precursors to an afterlife doomed of reaping the souls of other Simas and guiding them from the mortal plane. They're living, but have the mark of a reaper- the jewel glows ominously with the face and reminds them of their soul, ensnared by otherworldly duty. When they pass away, they become the reaper.

MASQUERADES
      The Simas with no real name to them- other times called monsters, demons, or beasts. They are the result of souls from the underworld discovering a fabric in which they could escape the clutches of death and return to the mortal realm. They don't return as a Sima we once knew, but a twisted and more frightening looking version of what they used to be. Due to their supernatural ties, they have an inherent ability to transform and be able to look like a normal Sima- very often during the day they masquerade as what they used to be, but at night, the moon reveals their true nature. The reapers had been tasked to hunt these Simas and return them to the Underworld, and the Masquerade Simas learned to wield their shapeshifting to their advantage in order to hide their identities. They wear masks during the day to ward off reapers who may recognize their facial features.

After the initial month of civil war due to their escape, they won their freedom and were able to keep their ability to walk on the mortal realm with the rest of the species. While still taboo and terrifying in appearance at night, most are personable and friendly- albeit a little touchy about their escape if they were one of the many that slipped out of the other realm.

➸ Can we use items on our MYOs?
      > not for this event no! items will be allowed to be added once the event closes!

➸ Does the MYO have to be themed around spooky/Halloween?
      > Not at all. Use this as an excuse to make the MYO you've been dreaming of.

➸ Do edits on the Masquerade forms have to be the same across the board?
      > Nope. It's pretty flexible. For example, if you have ram horns on the mortal form but not on the masquerade form, that's totally fine. It doesn't have to line up since it's a facade form they're putting on.

➸ Can I have any of the horns/spikes on the Masquerade form be broken?
      > I'd advise against making every single one completely broken, maybe cracked if you'd like, but like a missing limb of that nature it should have a story behind it. In other words, as long as you have a vague idea of what happened and don't go overboard, it would be alright.

➸ What are the guidelines for Masquerade masks and design?
      > The mask can be designed however you wish, as long as it covers the eyes.
      > The form shifting can allow for minor design alterations, such as tone lightening/darkening and very slight marking alterations. Try to keep it the same Sima, in other words. You don't want it to look like a totally different Sima.

➸ [NEW] How does edit passing work in the nursery with Masquerades?
      > The edits that come with a Masquerade's transformation (mane, sclera, pupils, double tail, massive claws, horns and floating jewel), and any standalone edits only appearing on the night form, cannot pass unless it is present on the standard form.
      > In other words, unless the Masquerade Sima has an edit on their day form that remains when transforming, their edits cannot pass due to the supernatural origin of this form.
Last edited by koegami on Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: πŸŽƒπŸ¦‡| VOLUNTEERS + OFF SITE MYOS | πŸ¦‡πŸŽƒ

Postby koegami » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:05 am

FORM:
when submitting your myo for approval fill out this form and post with the appropraite refs.
Code: Select all
username:
user id:
*team tricksters or treaters?:

sima's name:
sima's gender:

personality snippet: (optional)

subspecies?:
jewel shape:
jewel color:

edit list + rarities: (note for masqs: next to traits, note if they are shared between forms.)

other things:

These users have agreed to help anyone make their myo that needs it!

send them a pm!

Koegami
Ember the Wolf
Strength

πŸŽƒπŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸ¦‡πŸŽƒπŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸŽƒ

OFF SITE MYO TRACKER | if you cannot use oekaki feel free to use our master .psd!

SimonPet 276576 - Masquerade - Approved
nome senpai 665700 - Masquerade - Approved
Last edited by koegami on Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: πŸŽƒπŸ¦‡| SIMA HALLOWEEN 2022 - WORKSHOP OPEN | πŸ¦‡πŸŽƒ

Postby koegami » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:19 am

workshop is now open!

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chamrosh » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:53 am

It's very rare for me to post just to mark a thread but I know I'm not going to remember to check the bookmark in time for it to be useful.

I'm looking forward to making an Myo!
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: πŸŽƒπŸ¦‡| SIMA HALLOWEEN 2022 - Lyubov Borisyuk | πŸ¦‡πŸŽƒ

Postby Simonpet » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:43 am

day form | night form

username: Simonpet
user id: 276576
team tricksters or treaters? Tricksters

sima's name: Lyubov "Lyuba" Borisyuk
sima's gender: Female

personality snippet: In her first life, Lyuba was beloved by everyone and was a social butterfly to match. She was outgoing and considered to be the life of the party. She loved showing off and practiced with her powers to create flashy shows for her friends. After coming back as a masquerade, she became quieter and more surly partly to hide her anxiety at being forced back to the Underworld by her family.

subspecies? Masquerade
jewel shape: Pearl/Orb
jewel color: Teal (lightning)

edit list + rarities: [n] indicates night form only, [d&n] indicates shared traits between forms
    common: [d&n] hair edit (ponytail in day form, loose in night form), small claws
    uncommon: ram horns, minor fur edits (neck, chest), [d&n] major tooth edits (fangs)
    teal pearl jewel
    [n] nonrarity scars
other things: Lyuba is a cousin to Sveta and Yury, but was a mortal sima before her death. She died just before proper adulthood from a magical accident caused by her not paying enough attention to her limits. Her original mortal form was almost identical to her current day form, albeit without the claws and fangs, and smaller.
Last edited by Simonpet on Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember the Wolf » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:45 am

Mark
β–ˆ