Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I'm finally back by bark

Artist bark [gallery]
Time spent 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I'm finally back

Postby bark » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:08 pm

Hi everyone, I want to apologize for the sudden art absence on here. I was recommended to take a break from online, and I did. I was only on CS to answer some trades and keep contact with others. ;w; (I allowed myself to be online a max of 20-30 minutes a day during this time. I spent most of it on other sites.)

September is a VERY rough month for me personally. A lot happened in September of last year (in real life) and now it's approaching 1 year since then. Grief, trauma, and depression can really take you over. I lost so much interest in art. I lost interest in doing things I loved. But I overcame the rough patch by having a good support system of friends and family.

When you're going through a lot, communicating is VERY difficult. That's how it was for me. That's why I had a long absence during this period. It's hard to ask for help when you're going through a lot.

Plus, one of the STRANGEST symptoms of Covid I was NEVER told was brainfog/mental affects. I had covid a month ago (I think? My sense of time has been off) and brainfog was SO awful. Even now, I'm still feeling bogged down. BUT it's not what it was weeks ago. Long covid is a thing, but I got the mental aspect of it.

With the brainfog AND dealing with the rough patch above; it was a VERY rough time for me.

However, I was given two good things that helped me during that time:

- I landed a new job. I manufacture cars now, and it's a VERY good job. It's union, LOTS of benefits, and a friendly team. This is the career job I worked very hard to get, and it's so surreal that it happened. <3 Having this job lifted a LOT of worries.
- I went to retreat/convention that was about dealing with PTSD and grief. It was absolutely wonderful, and it was near a beautiful lake in Ohio. On breaks during sessions, I went down to the lake beachline, rode a bike in the first time in years, and meet new friends. I've learned many skills when it comes to managing PTSD and grief-related pain. I even got to see a fox irl for the first time!

My mood very much improved after the trip, and I feel so much better.
(Some pictures of the lake: pic1 pic2 pic3)

I apologize for the radio silence, it was unexpected. Due to overcoming life's obstacles and working at a new job; it was rather hectic.

But with the two good things that happened, I feel refreshed. I'm ready to draw! Thanks for your patience and understanding. Hope everyone is doing alright!
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I'm finally back

Postby Unilluminate » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:15 pm

<3
matt - he/him - ⚣ ⚧

UMAs - OFF-OEKAKI - TRADES

check out my adopt i have for sale :3 > 💜
Unilluminate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:29 pm

Heck, that definitely is indeed a lot to go through >__<

glad to hear that youre starting to make a comeback from it though ^^
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:37 pm

Unilluminate wrote:<3

<3 <3

JK341 wrote:Heck, that definitely is indeed a lot to go through >__<

glad to hear that youre starting to make a comeback from it though ^^

Thank you! It was a lot, but it feels good to slowly comeback. <3
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby badass skeleton » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:53 pm

those pictures are beautiful! I'm glad your back, also, brain fog is awful.
badass skeleton is no more
badass skeleton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me