Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

A bird fact for ur soul by halcyoncreature

Artist halcyoncreature [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

A bird fact for ur soul

Postby halcyoncreature » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:58 am

The Hooded Pitohui

The Hooded Pitohui is a poisonous bird found in New Guinea!
They have a diet of mostly insects, some of which are poisonous. Their diet causes their body to produce the same type of poison found in dart frogs.

It's believed that this poison is meant to help prevent parasites and ward off predators. Scientists who study them have reported feelings of numbness and burning on skin that had contact with the bird.

Second time ever drawing on here, i promise my birds normally look better than this lol. I should draw some frogs next though.

ℍ𝕖/π•™π•šπ•ž
𝕀 π•˜π•šπ•§π•– 𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕖 π•‘π•π•’π•˜π•¦π•–
π•’π•Ÿπ•• π•“π•šπ•£π•• 𝕗𝕒𝕔π•₯𝕀
π•¦π•‘π• π•Ÿ 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕖𝕀π•₯ :𝔻

<-- π™²πš•πš’πšŒπš” πšπš›πš˜πš 𝚝𝚘 πšπš›πšŠπšπšŽ!
π™²πš‘πšŽπšŒπš” 𝚘𝚞𝚝 πšπš‘πšŽ π™²πš›πšŽπšŠπšπšžπš›πšŽ π™²πšŠπš›πš—πš’πšŸπšŠπš• -->
halcyoncreature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A bird fact for ur soul

Postby cocogerber13 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:00 am

Ooh wow!! How cool of these lil dudes!! :O And super cute drawing omg, I absolutely love birds and they look very magnificent!!
╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, Β°Λ–βœ§

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
β™’I write, draw, and rp!β™’

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meep Meep » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:03 am

WHAT THE HECK! I never heard of this bird until last week when I got it in my yowie treat!
That’s so crazy I see it here too now! O.O
(yowie’s are little chocolate monsters with random animal figures inside and a little paper giving information about the animal.)
Meep Meep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:07 am

What a gorgeous bird!! I'm loving your drawings so much! They're so nice and soft and bring a smile to my face! Thanks for sharing this lovely art and cool bird knowledge! I always love to learn more about critters, especially birds haha! :)

Postby halcyoncreature » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:20 am

cocogerber13] Ooh wow!! How cool of these lil dudes!! :O And super cute drawing omg, I absolutely love birds and they look very magnificent!![/quote]

Yeah i only found out about them a few days ago. Im obsessed with birds so i have no idea how i've never heard about poisonous birds- there are a few different species but i like these guys the most.

[quote="Meep Meep wrote:
WHAT THE HECK! I never heard of this bird until last week when I got it in my yowie treat!
That’s so crazy I see it here too now! O.O
(yowie’s are little chocolate monsters with random animal figures inside and a little paper giving information about the animal.)

I only learned about them recently too!! New Guinea is a goldmine of cool birds because they dont have many predators. If you're interested you should look up birds of paradise or bower birds, they're goregous.

Comfie wrote:What a gorgeous bird!! I'm loving your drawings so much! They're so nice and soft and bring a smile to my face! Thanks for sharing this lovely art and cool bird knowledge! I always love to learn more about critters, especially birds haha! :)

tysm! getting the hang of this slowly. glad i can spread some info about these amazing lil creatures :D

ℍ𝕖/π•™π•šπ•ž
𝕀 π•˜π•šπ•§π•– 𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕖 π•‘π•π•’π•˜π•¦π•–
π•’π•Ÿπ•• π•“π•šπ•£π•• 𝕗𝕒𝕔π•₯𝕀
π•¦π•‘π• π•Ÿ 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕖𝕀π•₯ :𝔻

<-- π™²πš•πš’πšŒπš” πšπš›πš˜πš 𝚝𝚘 πšπš›πšŠπšπšŽ!
π™²πš‘πšŽπšŒπš” 𝚘𝚞𝚝 πšπš‘πšŽ π™²πš›πšŽπšŠπšπšžπš›πšŽ π™²πšŠπš›πš—πš’πšŸπšŠπš• -->
halcyoncreature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A bird fact for ur soul

Postby halcyoncreature » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:53 am

halcyoncreature

My pets